Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,079 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Those I ordered online from EIR worked right away. What happens if you try to dial the number of the EIR SIM?

The phone you are putting the SIM in, is it by chance a dual SIM phone and perhaps you have one of the SIM trays disabled for calls/texts within the network options on the phone, perhaps try the other empty slot if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Escapees

Your phone might be locked to another network or the new eir number might need activation online...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Thanks for the suggestions, tried the EIR sim in two different unlocked phones and both just have a single sim slot. When I try ringing the number it says it's not recognised and to try again later.

I thought I might have to register or activate the number on EIR website as the sales assistant didn't ask for any details such as name etc and I paid in cash. When I go to the my.eir website to register and input the number given it just says it's an invalid number and don't see an alternative means of activating on the eir website.

I only bought the sim card in store as I was passing one and it would save time waiting on delivery. Guess I'll have to try ringing EIR and their notoriously bad customer service to try and sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭djan

Can go with likes of gomo for basically unlimited data, calls & texts and then buy a sim free phone. That's 13 eur a month so maybe could get bigger budget for phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You could sign up to this business plan getting your employer to pay for it as they should. - Simo Campaign Form (three.ie) €15ex vat for 12 months and then €25 ex vat afterwards for unlimited calls,texts and 5g data.

And then purchase a phone unlocked from anywhere. Pixel 6a would be my recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭g0g

Just grabbed Note 11 in local store using Three SIM. Sales guy reminded me multiple times new phone is locked to VF. He's wrong, right? Can someone who got this model confirm before I open and throw in an eir SIM please!

He was talking sh**e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭g0g

Nice one thanks, and just found this too on VF's own website!!!

"To use your phone on another network, you will need to unlock it. Phones network locked to Vodafone are compatible with Clear Mobile, and do not need to be unlocked for use with this affiliate network. TCL, Google Pixel 5, Xiaomi, Redmi and Oppo phones purchased from Vodafone Ireland are already unlocked."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

Thanks a mill for replies… I’d prefer to stay with Vodafone, I’m a traditionalist for no reason only hate change!! Also I have only known iphones and can’t handle that change either 😬😂😂 I’d say I’d manage payg, the 20 euro one. Anyone have this?

My personal number is on Vodafone on that €20 plan (10gb data and all calls and texts). Their coverage is not as good as it was years ago. If it wasn’t for wifi calling I’d be unable to stay on Vodafone. The only reason I am with them is that I have a work phone from 3 and Vodafone are the only network currently supporting esim. I don’t want to carry two phones. Once 3 or another networks offer esim I’ll be moving my personal number over.

Moving network is not hard but maybe just be careful if signing up for any business plan that your work don’t become owner of your number if it’s used for both work and personal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Ordered the Redmi Note 11 pro on Thursday evening and got confirmation order email. Got nothing since.

Is this the norm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

There is no "normal" when it comes to that site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭breeno

Is the current pixel 6a offer available in store or just online?

Just to update on the Eir saga, rang the store I bought the sim card from 10+ times throughout the day and never got an answer, just an answering machine after ringing out. Tried the support number and after a 5 min wait got through to a person who couldn't see the number listed anywhere and advised I'd need to speak to sales but they only work Mon-Fri. Eventually went back to the store and after looking at the receipt confirmed it was incorrectly sold and the number would never work. Apologised and gave me another sim card which is now working as expected. I asked them about not being able to answer the phone and they said they don't have a working phone in store and again apologised so quite a poor reflection on a telecommunications company.

Anyway now ordered the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G from Vodafone porting that Eir number across so time will tell if that gets cancelled. I did purchase three Pixel 3a back in Nov 2019 at the great price of €180 which are still going strong, think they required 5 orders in total as 2 got inexplicably cancelled. This order for the Redmi Note 11 however required me to select a monthly plan before it would allow me to proceed, the total payable was €170 so presume I can just cancel the monthly plan once the phone arrives and that number is ported across.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭breeno

Popped in store in Liffey Valley and they were only doing 50 quid off the 6a. They had 150 off some other models but said 6a was online only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,079 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think you can order online and have it Click & Collect to a store that has it in stock. The payment will be taken online and not in store so will be same amount, there is a risk of being asked to top up by €20 when collecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Play dumb and say you already bought the credit online and will top it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mrgg

First order cancelled but I'm putting that down to me chancing my arm with a 48 SIM. Got a confirmation email and all but it did have an incorrect address mentioned "Billing address Please enter your address, Dublin, 000000" cancellation email came the next morning.

Got a new 3 SIM today and tried again with different credit card. Again order is showing as successful but the confirmation email has the same incorrect "Billing address Please enter your address, Dublin, 000000" I'm wondering is this the kiss of death? Is this the same for everyone or have the successful orders had the correct address?

Yeah, 48, Lyca etc will never work. Has to be Three or Eir to stand a chance.

You might be blocked now too for trying 48 first; they might be onto the fact you're not really "switching" and cancel the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭jj880

I posted about this earlier in the thread. If you start typing your address then select it from a list off addresses (as opposed to typing eircode and letting the checkout automatically fill your address) you get a complete billing address in the confirmation email. This worked for me after 2 cancelled orders and got the phone posted out on the 3rd order. However posters have since said they had cancelled orders even after typing the start of their address so it seems no-one knows what the kiss of death is for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mrgg

I actually followed that advice and started to type my address and then selected from the list ( done it manually first time). I'm expecting the cancellation email on this one now, if so I give up. No stock in local store so online only option, total pain in the a** to have to wait over a week now for the refund.

In one cancelled order, I manually typed the whole address and it still showed as that weird Dublin 0000 in the email :D

Didn't try the method of typing the first line of address and then selecting though. Maybe this is the root cause of all this? Interested in how it goes for @Mrgg

Ah. In that case that's not the same as me. I started typing my address, when I got as far as [house number, estate name, first few letters of town] then my full correct address appeared in a drop down list of suggested addresses. I selected the correct address from the list. Then my order confirmation email looked like this:

A day later I got a DPD text.

Yes this is what I did on my successful online order. Keep an eye on the phone with the mobile number you used. I did not get a DPD email. I got a DPD text message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

So, as previously said. I ordered last Thursday and got confirmation email with order number but nothing since. Used 3 sim card that I have a while (used before for this type of offers).

I tried the order again today, using the same sim card/number and the order went through the same way. Fingers crossed one of them goes through at least. 🤞

Exact same as me, text received to the temporary Eir sim for porting saying order was cancelled as "your order has not met our online order criteria and has been cancelled". No explanation as to why and no email received to confirm order was cancelled so if I hadn't the Eir sim in an old phone I would be none the wiser as to the cancellation.

The cancellation text did say I can call into a Vodafone Ireland retail store to complete my order but that the customer care agents can only assist existing Vodafone customers. As an Eir sim card holder I wouldn't be an existing Vodafone customer so not sure how the agents that therefore help and thus complete my order.

Going to try again and if if the pot luck of their order system works any differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

I ordered Thursday and got shipping confirmation Friday and dpd will be delivering tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

Morning lads!

Was going to chance picking up a Galaxy A23 using a EIR Sim - but is that definitely locked to Vodafone do you know?

Thanks

• Advertisement

I got a Samsung A53 from Vodafone before and it was unlocked.

Advertisement