Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are limits reset with a new TAMS

• 27-11-2022 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭

When the new TAMS come in, will the usage limits be reset?

I was wondering if there might be any advantage of checking if there was anything that could be got under the existing scheme before it closes; rather than waiting and having it come off the usage limits for the next one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Investment ceilings will be reset.

No guarantee that all of the investments will be in new scheme. It would make sense to apply to use funding up. Don't have to draw down grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I will take a look and see if there are any bits and pieces that can be got "off the shelf" that could be put in for and that would bring up an application to the minimum at least. I had been trying to get the ould fella to get a head scoop and a few bits and pieces like that. I think they were in under one of the schemes. He didn't use up the available allowances over the lifetime. Possibly be looking at fairly substantial investment in terms of animal housing with the next one (if available)

Somewhat of a different topic, are the requirements for registering a farm partnership with the Department for TAMS purposes?

If you already have joint owners as far as Revenue are concerned, is there any requirements in terms of having something in place with the Department for a period of time in order to qualify for the "double" ceiling?

Don't know too much about partnerships, you must apply for a min of 2k worth of investments, but you don't have to actually claim all you applied for.

I would have thought that you'd have to actually have 2000 worth of stuff to submit claims on. Else there is no point in having that minimum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

I'm part time and looked at investments as have to do 2 things, leave more profit and more importantly save time.

The value will be reset, but the ranking of applications had a reduction value based on what you claimed in the first tams. This makes it slightly harder to get an application approved. Similar could happen with TAMS 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Was thinking of adding a few extra units onto parlour, got tamms 5 yra ago for the parlour, will ut be possible?

From what I remember, you wouldn't need planning permission for an application for units or machines if covered. Once you don't need planning permission, you can fire in an application before the deadline and then it's paid on receipts/serial numbers I think.

Obviously they would have to be covered under the scheme and you have the ceilings in place too which might come into it if your last investment was under the same TAMS (well, going on what was said above)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Was wondering something myself to do with tams. If I set up a partnership with the wife, would we get the higher grant rate that was introduced for females farmers? We are both under 40 and only I have the green cert done

You might be able to set it up to get double the ceilings as well. That was related to the question I asked above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Grueller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭dmakc

Will the rates stay the same as in will those who were YTF 60% last time still get 60% in new scheme if they're under 40?

You're only eligible for a young farmer for 5 years, so if you've your 5 years used up, you can't get 60%, but if you're still a young farmer, it still should be 60%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭staples7

i.e if you have maxed out your grant eligibility in past few years, you start from scratch again in 2023?

Any article on this? Thanks

Yes you will have 80 or 90k of an investment ceiling available to you in 2023, because it is a new scheme everyone is starting at zero.

Advertisement