Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenue 5 [HBO / Armando Iannucci]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.1: Well.. I thought I'd forgotten most of the first season but this episode really caught up on the feel of things even if I can't remember all the details! 🙂

Needless to say.. I don't think things are going to go well.

Locking the "pioneers" below deck looks like it might actually be a runner now that there's another course change. Surely the TOTOPOTUS will come to the rescue.. or not 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, after the second episode, astrophysics has clearly been sacrificed on the altar of comedy.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

2.2: Well. They're all on track to get into a civil war now!

Yeah I've no idea about the Sun not frying the whole thing. I wonder if the ship might have Bussard collectors that gleans some refill of energy off the sun as they passed. Wouldn't solve their food or time problems but it'd be one thing off the list.

2.3: That was so funny. Grass is always greener on the other side I guess..

until you find out the other might want to eat you

That ball scene was very funny😁

2.4: Everything just keeps getting worse! .. but they have got a lot of dark hurmour built in to compensate.

Saying all that.. maybe the whole ship will come together to sort things out now that they know..

but it is this show.. so maybe not

😁

• Advertisement

2.5: 😀😂🤣

That was hilarious! .. Together! We are more! 😁

Was good to see the TOTOPOTUS idea given some detail though..

That missle heading on it's way to the ship.. I guess it'll be an episode onto it's own

2.6: That was hilarious too! Ammo, Camo and Ready for Blammo! 😁 and that was just the start of the episode!

So something will have to give with the missile. I'm guessing either it's a bit of a dud and doesn't do a huge amount of damage or they throw something at it like an escape pod or shuttle or something so it does the explode-on-impact instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm thinking something stupid like the missile going straight between the two halves, because if one half gets destroyed they'll have to call it Avenue 2.5

2.7: I don't understand. How did this show give me a case of the feels after that episode?!

That was very funny and then the feels. Well done the writers!

On point based on this episode! Well done.

Well.. I think that is the season done. Second season was grand. Built well on the first and I think I found it funnier. Maybe because I was still getting a feel for it in the first season.

2.8: This episode was called: That's Why They Call It a Missile

I wasn't sure if this was going to be the season finale and towards the end, I started guess it though when

Judd looked to be in danger. I remember someone died towards the end of the last season. I thought they might be going the same route.

I did kinda half guess the asteroid was going to be the eventual target when they showed it in between the two halves of the ship at the start.

Future: I guess it could do a season 3.. haven't seen news about it though. Probably will come down to some execs at the studio looking at audience numbers versus budget. Budget seems to be well contained though from what I can tell based on the reusing of sets and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah. Makes sense. Hadn't seen much buzz about the show.

Advertisement