Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Cut for a 1 year old boy

Options
  • 27-11-2022 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hoping someone in the Dublin 15 area could suggest a place to bring a 1 year old boy for his first hair cut?

I asked my own barber but he was saying he's not setup for really young kids, no kids chair, parent has to hold the child and cannot use scissors if the child is too active etc.. Our little fellah is very active, doesn't like sitting still for too long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

One is young and wouldn't have thought warranted a trip to a barber. I got a clip around the ear from the barbers under Lidl, Clonsilla before and they had a special kids seat in the form of a racing car with a tv and cartoons so could inquire there. It wasn't a high chair though and they had an additional booster seat to increase the height for the young patron who was lepping and fidgeting about and causing all sort of problems for the barber.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ladystardust

Also looking for recommendations for a little girl. 2 yrs. First haircut. Them covid babies are practically feral! (I know mine is) really need a kiddies cuts around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

I know yiz are asking for around D15. But we brought our 2 year old daughter to Kiddie Kutz (I think they may have been in Blanch once upon a time?) in the Jervis Centre. Staff were great and plenty around to keep them occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Bowl and scissors

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Two of my nephews are brought here for their haircuts too and it seems to cater well to them (they are 5 and 3). For their very first hair cuts their mammy just brought them to her hairdressers and held them on her lap. The first fella needed a haircut by 9 months or something though so no chance of his sitting still in a barbers chair at that age 😁

• Advertisement
Advertisement