Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontline Energy

Options
  • 16-07-2015 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I just moved in an apartment from Custom Square House and I have to sign up with Frontline. They have requested me the €250 deposit. Anyone know when I will receive back this deposit? And how much is the bill for gas (average) - I know that this depends on how much gas you use, but I would like to know.

Last post about this topic was from 2014, so no updates about it.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cristian1

Hi, I'm in the same situation, being forcefully signed up with Frontline. Just received the welcome letter which is just a list of what unjustified amounts they demand from me and how they want it paid.

The letter ends with Frontline expression of hope that I don't suffer through a long period without heating and hot water and that I will cooperate (a legitimate company doesn't use this kind of closing statements on a "welcome letter").

What I meant by unjustified fees:

A normal company charges €16 bi-monthly standing charges - Frontline €48.76
    A normal company price per kwh 0.05 - Frontline 0.08
    A normal company does not ask for a deposit when paying by direct debit - Frontline only accepts direct debit while also asking for a mandatory €250 deposit.

Custom House Square is a complex with a dedicated gas system that requires only one central provider, a situation that can be beneficial for the residents if the contract is well negotiated. It is also a situation that can give way to exploitation, especially since most of the owners don't live in the complex and will approve anything selected by the Complex Management.

This is clearly a case of a no-name company <SNIP> it's way into being the monopoly provider of certain apartment complexes. Fronline knows that they will retrieve enough money from he <SNIP> residents to cover their initial investments and gaining a profit in a short time.

I came across this thread and was wondering if there are any updates since last year.

What are the average bi-monthly I can expect?
    Did anyone manage to avoid the deposit or recover the deposit?
    What would be the way to start an official process in which we can replace the provider?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - this is getting into the realm of Management Companies, so I think this would be best served in the Accomodation & Property forum. Moved accordingly.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cristian1 wrote: »
    being forcefully signed up with Frontline
    How were you "forcefully signed up"?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thread split

You need to read their terms and conditions, which may be site-specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the_syco wrote: »
    How were you "forcefully signed up"?

Sounds like a district heating scheme, possible even a CHP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

42c per KW we pay this company

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Advertisement