Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Green" policies are destroying this country

Options

Comments

The flight tracking sites like adsbexchange etc are quite an eye opener as to the amount of planes in the sky at any one time around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

No mate,you only get the deposit back when you return it, the price hike to pay for the provision of the scheme is built into the purchase price and nonrefundable.

You really should read up the info on the site I linked a few times now. It clears up your incorrect assumptions

oh thats cleared it up so.Are you trying to wind everyone up, poor attempt.This is Ireland, consumer will pay extra, fact.Why are you linking to a German utube vid, are the Germans going to run the scheme for us.

• Advertisement

Well, you're just making stuff up as you go now with nothing based in fact and simply ignoring the available information that has been linked to several times, so it doesn't really warrant much refuting beyond "nope".

If you want serious engagement, then engage seriously or don't 🤷‍♀️ but at least you'll understand why you're only getting "nope" from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,126 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Then who will pay for it and how much will it cost ?

Far as I can see there are only two possibilities, the consumer or the State

I get "nope" because thats all you have, once again you're stumped. I have done business for a long time in this country, I know how it works and I know for a fact nothing is free, the consumer WILL pay. I also know that in your green utopia every body will be poorer.

• Advertisement

And it sure as f£$% wont be the state while the Greens can squeeze a few bob out of us.I just wish they would be honest and admit that there are costs to be borne by the consumer, but their vanity and contempt for the electorate prevents this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭ps200306

It is, of course, nonsense to cite one storm or one entire season as evidence of anything. But seeing as the Greens, their acolytes and the meeja now do it incessantly, I wouldn't like the Atlantic hurricane season to pass without noting that:

The Barcelona Supercomputing Center has collected seasonal hurricane forecasts from 29 organizations which allows a detailed analysis of just how wrong the community was in 2022. Of the 19 organizations that issued forecasts last spring, 17 of them predicted an above-average frequency of “named storms” (i.e., those that the U.S. National Hurricane Center names based on estimates of intensity). By early summer, 19 of 19 of these forecasts called for an above-average season.

The actual hurricane season was below average by most metrics, as you can see in the table below, via the one and only Phil Klotzbach at Colorado State University.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

The price of the product has to increase to pay for all the ancillary services to make it happen. Then the 15c/25c gets added on top of that which you can get back. The baseline price will have to increase though.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Who is funding the Deposit Return Scheme?

The management and operation of the Deposit Return Scheme does not cost the public or government any money at all. The system is funded through producer fees for each product placed on the market.

There you have it folks, the producer is charged fees for each product they produce for the market and then they expect said producer to NOT pass on cost to consumer

Is additional manpower required to manage manual returns?

Additional man power may be required for a high volume of manual collections. Staff will need to ensure each drink container accepted manually is empty, undamaged and features a Re-turn logo. However, no additional man power to operate an automatic collections via RVM’s.

More cost for the retailer but they said there is no cost for public,so they expect retailer to not pass on cost.😂

Who handles the removal of collected drinks containers?

Re-turn will issue tenders for the collection and transport of deposit returned material in addition to promoting the use of reverse logistics for the collection of material from the scheme. 

More lucrative contracts for those in the green circle.😉

Thanks for the link Decor, maybe you should reappraise your MO of uploading links here, quite a few times your own links have come back to bite you on the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

They'll find something though somewhere to pin their "evidence of climate crisis" on though that the storms in the Atlantic didn't make much headlines. It was heatwaves in Europe during the summer, snow in Buffalo NY last week, floods in Pakistan a while back.

Notice how the arctic sea ice news has been rather quiet the last while? Just like the hurricane season this year, nothing out of the ordinary so it quickly gets forgotten about. But mark my words, if the arctic sea ice levels dip much below 4m km2 you'll get non-stop headlines about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,126 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Best I can see from that is that it is going to be paid from a levy on producers which in real terms means it will be the consumer paying.

No mention of how much that will garner for the government or how much this scheme will cost that I can see from that link unless I missed it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭howiya

The producer has to pay for the scheme. In what world do you think these companies wouldn't pass on the cost by increasing the price of their goods?

Remember this is being introduced by the same people who fully accepted that the cost of concrete levy would be passed on to consumers. Why would a levy on a bottle of coke not be passed on?

For what it's worth I'm in favour of the scheme but it's disengenous of you to suggest that it won't result in increased costs for the end consumer.

Do all Retailers have to register with the Deposit Return Scheme?

Yes. All Retailers that sell ‘in scope’ drinks – PET plastic bottles, aluminium/steel cans from 150ml to 3 litres - must register with Re-turn in order to fulfil their environmental and legislative responsibilities. Initial registration will open in late November 2022 and all Retailers will be provided with timelines to complete their registration.

Every retailer has to adhere to greenies edict, there will be no dodging scheme, the extra cost to consumers cannot be avoided.

• Advertisement

Lies on their website. It will cost the public. Producer fees get passed on to the retailer and the retailer will pass those costs on to the shelf price. A €1 bottle of water will now have to be sold at €1.20 and add a further €0.15c to cover the deposit return. Total cost of bottle of water is €1.35 to the consumer. The consumer will only get €0.15 back after the product has been consumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

It's a fcuking con job from a bygone era.

It's for City apartment living, like German cities not suburban semi detached homes who's Tennants already pay for kerbside collection.

It's a revenue rasing trick to pay councils for street cleaning.

The crazy gang need sacking.

Did a bit of digging on who is actually doing DRS, just looking at Europe it looks like this

Already doing it

• Sweden 1984
    • Iceland 1989
    • Finland 1996
    • Norway 1999
    • Israel 2001
    • Denmark 2002
    • German 2003
    • Estonia 2005
    • Netherlands 2005
    • Crotia 2006
    • Lithuania 2016
    • Luxembourg 2020

So over 36 years, it was introduced in 12 countries. The following shows the picture for the next 3 years

Bringing it in

• Malta 2022
    • Latvia 2022
    • Slovakia 2022
    • Romania 2022
    • Ireland 2023
    • Scotland 2023
    • Poland 2023
    • Portugal 2023
    • Turkey 2023
    • Greece 2023
    • England 2024
    • Austria 2025

Italy, France, Spain etc seem to be at various stages of passing laws to bring it in so don't have dates for those but I'm guessing that y 2026/2027 all EU countries will be doing this

As to why the big upsurge in rolling this out, its due to the EU Directive on the Circular Economy which requires 95% recycling rates by 2030

I did some additional digging on the different models and the only model I could find was the one we are bringing in i.e. the same as all those in the first list above, a return-to-retailer model. As to how many points of return there might be, a look at Slovakia, with a population of 5.4million is a decent comparison. They rolled out 1,700 return points. I'm guessing we'll be something similar.

Can you imagine the excitement of the retailers having to put up with that? A busy warm sunny Sunday in a seaside resort with queues already out the door with people looking for refreshments and some clogger at the counter with a bag of empty cans looking for their 15c back on each one because the machine is bollixed.

Sincere thanks for the link Decor, the website confirms our thinking that this is another green con job that will cost the citizen.

😂 go on outta dat.3 nopes in one evening, thats a new record, shot yourself in the foot again with the link.🤣

A bit of advice, read your links before you post them, you might be on more stable ground then.😉

We'll have to wait and see, but I doubt it

Regardless, a cleaner environment is no bad thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I see there's another Beast from the East being forecast from the 5/6th December onwards with very cold weather.

That's going to stress our network big time as there may not be much wind.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Advertisement