Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,417 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The Bunga-bunga derby just kicked off in Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Some end to Fiorentina v Inter, Jovic equalises in the 90th minute to make it 3-3 but Mkhitaryan is in the right place and deflects a clearance in to make 3-4 to inter in the 95th minute.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cracking game. Fiorentina thought they had grabbed a ;oint with a 90th minute equalizer but there was a last second winner - played onto Mikhataryan's foot by the defender trying to clear it and into the goal, 3-4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just saw the highlights. That will be tough to top for Serie A game of the season. Wishing now I'd watched it live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Poxy Inter.

• Advertisement

Roma vs Napoli will be interesting. Wonder if Mourinho can figure out a way to stop them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Can't see it happening without Dybala - he makes them tick and has been a real source of goals too.

Mourinho wanting Ndombele booked for diving. 😂 Wasn't a pen but wasn't a dive either. I think that's a bit of bad blood from the Tottenham days.

OSIMHEN! WHAT A GOAL.

An absolute cracker - poor by Smalling.

• Advertisement

Did Karsdorp just put his hands on the ref after the whistle there? Looked like a shove to me but I'd need to see it again.

Having watched it back, he does touch the ref. Could get a ban for that.

Terrible match but what a goal.

Napoli keep managing to get over the line.

Nice goal by Armand Lauriente tonight. He was a good player at Lorient and looks a smart bit of business by Sassuolo. I can see bigger clubs looking at him down the line.

Torino leading Milan. Leao is having a shocker so far.

Miranchuk makes it 2-0!

Pioli takes off Leao and Diaz at half-time. Can't argue with it.

2-1. Game on. Absolute gift from Torino.

Full-time. Milan's first away loss in Serie A since last November. Napoli go 5 points clear.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

Atalanta vs Napoli looking a good contest. 1-1 already after 20 odd minutes. Osimhen's nice header cancelling out Lookman's pen.

Napoli turn it around to lead 2-1. Elmas with the goal but Osimhen made it by bullying Demiral off the ball.

Full-time and a great 2-1 win for Napoli. Really good game. Atalanta will be disappointed not to get something as they had chances, particularly Hojland. Lookman was a big threat.

Maldini just scored against Milan to level the game.

Milan should have put this game to bed by now.

I can't understand why top clubs are not putting big money down on Tonali.

Goal disallowed but great finish all the same.

VAR making an awful fool of itself tonight. Not for the eventual decisions but time and communication.

Giroud scores with a great finish from a cracker of a pass from Tonali.

Rips off his shirt and gets sent off. First yellow was for getting involved in a scuffle.

Some atmosphere at San Siro last night. Some great goals. Massive that Milan got the win in the end. Need to stay in touch for when Napoli do their yearly collapse.

• Advertisement

Line-ups for the Derby d'Italia:

Juventus: Szczesny; DaniloBremer, Alex Sandro; Cuadrado, Fagioli, Locatelli, Rabiot, Kostic; Miretti; Milik

Inter: Onana; Skriniar, De Vrij, Acerbi; Dumfries, Barella, Calhanoglu, Mkhitaryan, Dimarco; Dzeko, Lautaro Martinez

Both teams need to win but I have a feeling Juve will win tonight.

Fingers crossed for a draw. Keep them both down 😁

Well I'm an Inter fan but I'd probably take a draw right now, it wouldn't be a disaster given we've lost against all the top 8 sides we've played so far this season. Inter don't do draws this season though so my prediction is a Juve win.

Rabiot is Rabiot is Rabiot.

Great finish from the French hunchback to put Juve 1 up.

Juve's woes have been well documented this season and yet they're above Inter in the table and only 4 off Milan.

Had a look at Roma's highlights and Abraham has picked a bad time to start stinking up the joint. I don't think he merits a place in the England squad on form.

Midweek round of Serie A squeezed in tonight before the World Cup. Italian FA obviously not too worried about player burn out before the World Cup.

Napoli vs Empoli 5:30 and Cremonese vs Milan 7:30 are the 2 big televised game.

Also Napoli are statistically already winter champions.

0-0 at half-time. Napoli struggling to create chances.

1-0 (just) thanks to Lozano's penalty. Osimhen won it. Twenty minutes to go.

Empoli down to 10. Napoli loanee Luperto gets a second yellow. Things looking good for Napoli.

2-0. Lovely finish on volley from Zielinski. Job done. Pressure on Milan later.

Milan held to a goalless draw at Cremonese.

Napoli 8 points clear. Starting to feel like this is the season the long wait for the title ends.

Milan fail to break down the parked bus 0-0 and Napoli 8 points clear for now.

• Advertisement

Abraham benched for Roma's upcoming match at Sassuolo. Don't think he can have any complaints. Shomurodov gets the nod.

Abraham scores off the bench with a great header. That's the perfect response from him.

1-1. Lead didn't last long. Pinamonti levels for Sassuolo. Great work from Lauriente.

Its starting to look like Napoli vs 6 teams who are going to be more worried about top 4 than the title the way things are going.

Napoli will bottle it after Christmas, in his first season at Inter Spalletti had a great first half of the season, Inter were top at Christmas, but only scrapped 4th on the final day. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens with Napoli this season, I expect Inter and Juve to be a lot better after Christmas too but it might be a bit much for either to win the scudetto especially if they drop points at the weekend, which I expect both to do.

Scotsman Lewis Ferguson scored a cracker as Bologna beat Sassuolo 3-0.

Napoli gone 11 points clear for the time being after beating Udinese 3-2. Pressure on Lazio and Milan who have tricky games tomorrow.

Atalanta v Inter about to start, line=ups are:

Atalanta: Musso; Toloi, Demiral, Scalvini; Hateboer, Pasalic, Koopmeiners, Maehle; Ederson; Lookman, Duvan Zapata

Inter: Onana; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Dumfries, Barella, Calhanoglu, Mkhitaryan, Dimarco; Lautaro Martinez, Dzeko

Not sure how I expect it to finish, Inter haven't been great away from San Siro this season and have lost against the top teams they've played so Atalanta would probably be the safe bet, but I have a feeling Inter will get something today. Inter to draw for the first time this season maybe?

• Advertisement

Atalanta hit a bad patch the last few games. Good result for Inter. Milan also did well to dig out a result when it looked like they were about to drop points. Didn't see the game but Juve seem to have had a strong night.

An 8 point lead is great for Napoli but the other sides below them don't look like they will go quietly. Big question now is how the break in play affects Napoli when things return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The entire Juve board of directors resigned and will no longer be involved in the club.

That's mad. I can only imagine it was got to do with the Super League mess.

No it's got to do with Juventus being investigated for financial irregularities I would imagine.

Huge debts. Alleged dodgy finances during covid. They are screwed.

• Advertisement

Some great players to become on the market!!

Knock em back down to 29 titles I say 🤣

This Juve thing is really blowing up. Investigations including wire tapping. Secret meetings in September with the FIGC and leading Serie A clubs.

Warnings that's the "whole lot will collapse" and Juve the "tip of the iceberg". Not sure I believe the last bit but it's interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

Very sad to hear that. Quality player, and the way he carried on managing at Bologna despite being ill was inspirational.

Leao and Tonali score early in a 2-1 win away to Salernitana this morning.

Spezia currently 2-0 up against Atalanta.

Inter inflict Napoli's first Serie A loss of the season. They were the last team in the top 5 leagues to be unbeaten too. Great header by Dzeko to win it. Skriniar was immense and kept Kvaratskhelia very quiet. All the talk before the World Cup break was about whether it would disrupt Napoli's rhythm and they certainly weren't at their best. Need to win at Samp on Sunday or they will be under a lot of pressure going into the Juve game.

Monza grab a very late goal against Inter to level the game.

Samp have been dreadful here. Handy 3 points for Napoli. Over to Milan now. Reckon they will do Roma 2-1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement