Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

It varies wildly depending on driving. I had done a few hundred km at 130km per hour before that charging session.

It's not called a Guessometer for nothing.

Mine is an eDrive40 on 19inch wheels. Real range is around 450km in summer if driving at 100km per hour. Winter maybe 10% less.

Motorway driving at 130km per hour I'd say 300-350km is probably accurate.

An example from the opposite end of the scale below.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Premium treatment right there from FK!

The same car?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's just getting silly. €83k for a second hand small hatchback BMW that's great to drive but with middle of the road performance and poor spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Similar spec and range to a new model 3 Rwd which Is circa 53k, a massive 30 grand cheaper and yes I get the premium car blah blah stuff but seriously that's just taking the absolute piss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Went to see the car at weekend and see that it has the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on it.

No rim protection on them so have herself warned to be careful when parking! 😂

Anyone have these on their i4 and what’s the wear like?

Yeah that’s what I had spotted. 3 k increase overnight I assume because that is how much a new one has gone up. I reckon that is one of the BMW launch event cars that bob flavin etc drove. Lots of kit but too close to m50 money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

And another delay 🙄

I ordered my i4 M50 and paid the deposit mid October 2021 (it was supposedly already allocated and expected March 2022)

When getting no updates from the dealer March-May I started using the UK chat feature to check order status, here's how it has gone so far ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

At that rate I might have my second i4 before you'll have your first, and you ordered before me!!

What an absolute pain in the ****

What has the dealer said, which dealer did you order with?

And what information do you need to get a status update via the UK chat?

• Advertisement

The dealer has no clue what’s causing the delays, I’d rather not mention the dealer name as I don’t believe it’s their fault.

To get the order status with the UK chat you’ll need to use a UK vpn to connect and then you’ll need your order (AG) number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Looking at that table baffles me. My order would be cancelled by now without a doubt. It's not a rolls Royce special edition like.

I wonder are bmw prioritising orders for cars with lots of lucrative optional extras over those with none? The profit margins on cars loaded would be far more that of cars with no boxes ticked. Just like many manufacturers are prioritising their high end bigger cars over smaller cars. Just a thought...

The i4 I've ordered has almost every option ticked, over €12K of extras on it so that's that theory out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 44 davewalshucc

Fingers crossed I’m on track with a 111 2 weeks ago, and I’ve a “bog standard” E40 with only the colour, the HK sound system, the wireless charger on the book. Didn’t even go for the M sport. The HK sound system Sms did change me from 112 to 111 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

So dealer has confirmed with me that I have to take it now, they can’t hold it until January. He’s fairly insistent it’s BMW Germany telling BMW Ireland that cars delivered this year must be registered this year or else it will affect next years allocation.

Dealer claiming to be as annoyed as me that he was lied to by bmw saying they would accommodate late deliveries.

Whether he is saying this in order to shift blame away from his dealership which also sells non BMWs I don’t know; Doesn’t really matter, he represents BMW as far as I’m concerned.

Regardless, Both BMW and dealership won’t be seeing a trade in from me in 3 of 4 years. Likewise with the A6 we have.

There should be a far wider range of EV available at that stage too, maybe an A4 etron!

That they couldn’t accommodate a wait of 4 weeks at this stage after all the messing around for whole year is very bad form in my book and just leaves a very bitter taste.

The bean counters get their numbers for the year but will be down a number in 3 years when I go elsewhere.

Now, rant over! 😂

Look at me complaining about been forced to take my i4 when v10 seems to be giving the mother of all run arounds.

I am excited about picking it up and no doubt will love it.

Will post some pics later in week when i have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Shame, as apparently a 231 plate will grant you 3 wishes according to some folk 🤣

Shame on them, I don’t believe they couldn’t put it off if they really wanted to but targets etc are more important it seems, very short sighted of them .. anyway take the car if the alternative is losing it but I wouldn’t even bring it back to that dealer for a service, and let them know you won’t be, servicing is a big part of their income. No doubt you’ll enjoy the car either way, best of luck and share some pics.

I think you’re being told plenty of lies here.

I would call BMW Ireland out on their social media pages. They hate that sort of thing and try to get negative stuff sorted. I would also contact BMW customer services and make a nuisance of myself.

I got fobbed off by a dealer over a spec change that occurred between me ordering and receiving my car a few years ago and wrote a letter addressed to the MD of BMW Ireland and sent it by registered post to ensure it’s arrival.

BMW Ireland contacted the dealer and I was compensated with a free service pack as a result.It was better than nothing which was all the dealer was doing for me.

I know others here say the plate is irrelevant but on a mainstream car like the i4 it’s not. Dealers in a few years will value that car as whatever the reg plate says.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 davewalshucc

I agree, had an adblue overfill issue with a Landrover disco before, main dealer wanted 300€ to drain, reset sensor and top up. I asked where in the manual does it say not to exceed 10l, they told me “had I bought it new (was a Uk import) they would have told me to only use the LR adblue, which is 10l (and 70€!!)… off went to LR Ireland. Asked them again to explain, says adblue is like diesel, you just fill it. Low and behold my (under warranty) disco was sorted free of charge and got an apology from LR Ireland. Always worth going above their head. You could also stall them till mid Dec, and then give the run around a bit. Nothing to lose anyway… they will hardly get a cash buying 70k punter that quick??

• Advertisement

Shameful behavior. My friends Ioniq 5 is sitting in the dealers right now. They holding it until Jan for collection.

That’s premium treatment and premium level of customer care.

This will make the i4 look distinctly old hat in 3/4 years time guys. I don't think the i4 will depreciate any less in the medium term any differently to any other BMW regardless of the premium dealers are putting on them currently.

This will be the EV to top them all. A proper EV from the ground up with BMW quality hopefully.

Least we have a second use for all the 19” “pizza slice” wheels from the i3 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

BMW dealers are really leaving a bad taste with customers at the moment.

Care to elaborate?

they seem to have more buyers than cars at the moment and as a result, are more difficult to deal with than ever.

I'd rather not tbh.

I've experienced the take it or leave it attidude at a few dealerships. I've purchased a few BMW's in my time but the current experience is turning me off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Brother in law was visiting on Saturday night. This is a man who has had BMW 's for almost 30 years now (and my father in law and mother in law). I'd roughly estimate at least 50 - 60 new BMW's between them in that period.

He was telling me he's had quite a lot of issues with the wife's X5 and now his own 7 series is playing up. Customer service has been very poor at solving the issues and he enquired about a new X5 last month and nobody got back to him.

He's coming back up to Dublin this week to look at a Porsche jeep. His exact words the other night were "they've gone to shíte. They're no better or worse than Hyundai or Kia nowadays. Just another mass market crowd".

Father in law is picking up an S class in the new year (replacing an 8 series) and the mother in law is going from a 5 series estate to an E-class estate.

The whole "premium brand" doesn't wash any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Advertisement