Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I noticed when I used the timed charging last that it was running a bit slower than normal, might have been load balancing but I think the car spreads out the charging over the whole session

Was the car fully charged or did it fall short?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 17 leewonglee

Hi, I have owned my id.4 for 1 month now and have started to experience a problem with locking my car.

The model is ID.4 Life so it is not keyless entry.

Basically, when I get out of the car and try to lock it, it will not lock.

I can see a message on the display from outside the car that reads "Vehicle key is not in vehicle"

It looks like the car has not recognised i have left the car.

I have to get back into the car and press the ignition button off manually and only then when I get out and press the key fob the car will lock.

Normally I just stop the car, open the door and get out and the car automatically detects I had left and the ignition turns off itself.

I have tried leaving the key fob on the wifi key symbol but this does not fix it.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

Hi all- does anyone know of a 'battery efficient method' for keeping your windows clear of condensation (other than opening the window!)- for me the ID4 seems to suffer badly from condensation.

I have also looked at opening the air vents, but thats not really making a difference. Thanks!

So the car should switch off as soon as you unbuckle your seatbelt and when you get out of the car

It sounds like one of those mechanisms isn't working

Might be worth getting it looked at in the workshop

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

What works for me and uses little battery is the following: Air system on, airflow to windscreen only (nothing else on), fan speed set to fully off. This will generally help to keep it clear, but you may have to give a blast of the max button on bad days. I have the vents on right of driver/left of passenger open and pointed to side windows also - not sure if that brings much, but can't hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

It was at 67% to be charged to 100% so maybe it was a battery saver option but i manually started the session so preferred times shouldn't come into the mix.

Last night it charged at 7KW via preferred charging (from 7%) so it worked fine.. Interestedly, i went into the app and it didn't tell me the KW charging speed but only the delivering km/h which was showing '32KM/h'

Yeah I've noticed that as well since the 3.0 update, I've lost the kW output in the app when charging, pretty annoying since I thought that was one of the things they were changing

not always - the previous night it was telling me it was charging at 4kw/h and at ionity yesterday it world me it was doing 111kw/h so it sometimes shows it..

Maybe it's fast charging only that it shows the kWh/h 🙄

Did you get the charging speed boost by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dingbat

Our driving is a mixture of urban/suburban/motorway. Getting a pretty steady 20.4kWh/100km from week to week. I have a very light foot, other half very heavy foot but in fairness also does a lot of motorway driving. How does 20.4 rate among other ID4 drivers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

at 4kw spiked it have meet the time to be ready? 4KW is probably just conditioning tue battery. No need to charge at 7kw if it doesn’t have too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Had a notification of an update in the car earlier today. Thought it might be 3.0 (wishful thinking) but was only for the digital manual…

• Registered Users Posts: 17 leewonglee

Yes you were correct.

I had a look at the seatbelt and after plugging it in and out 5 times repeatedly it worked again.

Must of been a glitch in the system or something!

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

It can a problem with any car especially with the very wet weather we have being having lately. I am off today and have the car doors all open for the last hour, with all mats out. Drying is great, sun is very strong, considering we are nearing the shortest day🙂. Gives me a chance to vacuum out the car as well. Cars definitely get damp inside.

I normally leave the fan on a low setting on windscreen even when no aircon/heating required and don't generally have a problem with condensation. Except for the odd early morning or late night will need a blast of full demist..

I saw 120 kw/h but only needed to get a 30km distance into it to get home so didn't wait around

it did - i got 30% in 7.5 hours - i don't have departure time set but did have preferred times but like i say, i started the session prior to this kicking in - i'll keep an eye on it..

Post edited by rocketspocket on

Okay, time for another timed charging experiment. Car is at 44%, set charge and Aircon for 7am tomorrow. Preferred times at set from 12am to 7am. Leaf isn't plugged in so we'll see how things go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

whats That setting where you can stop the car reading slip road speed signs on the ACC and where the car doesn’t slow down suddenly?

Press assist button, bit the hamburger button for more options. Go into speed limiter and turn off Speed limit preview

So it seems to have worked, mostly

The car was charged to 79% this morning and nice and toasty when I got in

Charging started at 2am and finished up shortly before 7am, then there's another spike for preheating

I've no idea why it fell 1% short, could be the preheating took a bit out of the battery or maybe a measurement error, BMS could have been reading 79.9% for all I know

In any case, it seems that timed charging is generally working, despite the flaw of not remembering the last charging mode setting

Now to go back to using the Zappi for my timed charging needs 😁

• Advertisement

Cheers I had it off before but the lovely people in the garage must have reset it.

Caught us at the Naas North Exit, entered into the carriageway at around 60 and then it saw the 100kmh sign and it floored.

There could be some pretty cold weather on the way this December, could be quite a test for EV’s.

Oh yeah that one gets everybody, it's bloody lethal. Been caught twice myself 😫

Still no notification here for the 3.0 software

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

So .. it's kinda still broken it sounds. It can work, but it can also not work and start charging unexpectedly.

Maybe, it's possible that the time it got set to charge immediately was my fault messing with the app, it'll be interesting to see what happens for other people

Defaulting to Charge immediately is definitely a problem though. Having to set it every time is just dumb, hopefully they fix that soon

At this point I'm not sure how many VW software issues are bugs and how much is down to crappy design

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Yep got that email as well…

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Me too.

Advertisement