Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on how long it takes a new development to sell out?

Options
  • 29-11-2022 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

There is definitely an element of how long is a piece of string to this, but is there any info available on how long a 100+ new build housing development sells out in?

Looking at a new build development with circa 120 houses (2/3/4/5) with a large listed developer in a popular part of Kildare that seems to carry a premium.

They have priced 3 bed semis at 530k ish & 4 beds at 580k ish. So expensive!

They have been on sale a month now and I am hearing mixed reviews on how well it is selling, it seems about 1/3rd are already sold - not sure are they including the 10% for social housing in that number but presume so. I think they sold a good few 4 beds.

I think the fact that the 3 bed semis are over 500k (no HTB) has meant not more have sold and alot of people were hoping for the 3 bed semis to be at 500 mark.

Interested in the estate but dont want it to be a case that the builder drops the price in a few months if is struggling to sell and I have paid over for a 3 bed.

Just trying to gauge how long it might take a development to sell out I guess.

Comments

Advertisement