Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book for cycling training plan

Options
  • 29-11-2022 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just done a few months of running and I'd be looking to get back on the bike in the New Year. I'd like to put a training plan together - is there a book that could help me with this. The running books below are great as they provide the tools to put a running training plan together that suits your own circumstances - anything like that for cycling? I found it much more effective than downloading some training plan from the internet or training peaks.

Or is this a question for the triathlon forum?

Thanks,

Pat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

The Cyclist's Training Bible by Joe Friel

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Thanks Daragh. Is it suitable for a non-racing cyclist? I'm more of a weekend warrior cyclist!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

It's pretty dense but if you spend the time with it you can cobble together something resembling a Training Plan for whatever your goals are. I used it when I only had a Heart Rate Monitor and it allowed me to do my first structured winter training plan. I was still crap at the end of it but don't blame the book for that.

The Time-Crunched Cyclist by Chris Carmichael is probably more accessible and has plans for Sportive, Endurance and Racing Cyclists. Worth a look.

Advertisement