Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure- 1st December 2022 3Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TM 6 days early with stage times

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Great to see the doors open for them 😬

' Hi there,

Stage times have been confirmed – plan your day! 

The organisers has been in touch with the times for the show on 1 December 2022:

Doors - 18:00

The Twilight Sad - 19:00 to 19:45

The Cure - 20:15 to 23:00

Please keep in mind that these are just a rough guideline, so they’re not set in stone and they can change at the last minute. '

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

This is for Belfast-

Doors - 18:00

The Twilight Sad - 19:00 to 19:45

The Cure - 20:15 to 23:00

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Was looking on ticketmaster there. I saw one resale ticket. Almost €100. I was temped, but not going to pay that price. Just throwing this here if anyone else interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Gunner5

why is the cynic in me suspecting its Ticketmaster drip feeding these tickets to grab the extra 12.50? 

It's showing as Low Availability which to me suggests there are tickets going to be made available but wonder will it flip to Limited once this drip feeding of tickets finishes?

It's a farce alright.

I gave in and bought one, on account of nothing available on adverts, and very limited offers on toutless. I'm not going to take the chance that something would be available on day of gig.

But its a great value gig. The Cure play for around 2.5 hours. Twilight Sad are really good too. Caught them in the Button Factory some years ago. Don't think I'll be in that early to catch them this time though.

The Cure in Malahide was good, but it was more of a social day out for us rather than the music. I'm really looking forward the indoor arena for this one, better sounds and visuals, and more focus on the music.

TTS sound very good and hoping I'll get in for some of the set Thursday

Delighted I got lucky back in the summer and picked up a ticket. Seems very little tickets are available. Never know some more get released in the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Gunner5

absolutely TTS are brilliant. Have been a big fan of them for a while and them supporting The Cure makes this an extra brilliant gig. Hope they get to play a good 45-55min set. The Cure will be fantastic too

• Advertisement

Going by setlist its about 40 min set

The top picks on Spotify not played either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Am i right in thinking that The Point in June 1996 was their last indoor gig here?

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Just looked at my tickets and saw concert was on Thursday. Had it in my head it was on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I had that stupid idea and myself and a friend are doing both nights. Drive back on Saturday to Wexford will be hard 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Yes, I think so.

2004 Oxygen

2012 Electric Picnic

2019 Malahide Castle

Cheers. Oxygen definitely the worst i've ever seen them. A friend who's a much bigger Cure fan than me thought they were crap that night too.

I must admit, the main reason i bought a ticket for this was i figured i'd never get another chance to see them indoors again. Should they ever return i suspect the ticket price would be more than i'm willing to pay.

Last show til Dublin took place last night in Paris

Setlist looked great and for the casual fan get your business done before the encore, its insane

• Advertisement

Some way to close out a gig alright. The final 45 mins will be monstrous. Worth the admission price alone.

Day is here

Going to be a good one, safe travels to everyone

Amazed with the ticket situation for this

You'd always expect tickets to appear on Ticketmaster closer to the gig but for this nothing appeared only a handful of 'resales'

Definitely steeped back in the summer to pick up a ticket. Right place right time I guess

Enjoy! Really looking forward to tomorrow night in Belfast.

SHould be well full alright.

Decent amount of tickets on toutless over the past few days. But they are getting snapped up. Looks like this should be a proper sell out.

Looking forward to it. I'm not the biggest fan - there are about 10 songs on the setlist that I had never heard before this week. Not overly impressed by most of those songs that are new to me. But one stands out - Want. Had never heard that. Belter of a tune. Also, looking forward to Pictures of you, Burn, CHarlotte Sometimes, Love song. and then the playthrough in the 2 encores - all the main hits. Will use some of the other songs for plss stops,fag breaks and drink queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Just realising I haven't been to this place for a music event for three years (Bjork). Doesn't the cashless and rather expensive if memory serves bar close at 10pm or something? Might bring a sneaky hipflask in.

With the encore you'll want to get your drinks sorted

2 weeks ago a pint of Heineken was €6.80. Hopefully its the same and there not gone a month earlier with the price increases

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Always good to have a plan in the back of your head - will be bringing something in for sure. Queue's will be mental before the encore - that's if they even still have the bar's open at that stage.

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed that. Pictures of You was a highlight for me. I think the early start time caught people out. I was sitting in the aisle seat and our block didn't really settle down until 4 or 5 songs in with the people coming and going.

Advertisement