Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Was it Fastway? They are notorious for stuff like this and stealing parcels.

Not sure if Amazon has dumped them, but I did get a (multiple days delayed) delivery from them a few months ago.

Edit: Oh wait, I see its one of those Amazon Vans. They have been super thorough so far with me, so hopefully, that's an anomaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Prime deliveries scheduled for a week, not the 2-day delivery we are paying for with Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Yea I'm seeing that with all my Prime orders. I ordered yesterday and it's giving me a Monday due date

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I've 6 orders this week, 5 are for delivery within 2 days, 1 is for monday (it's that largest of the bunch by some margin too).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It’s so different in UK. I ordered a fire stick over the weekend. Friday night about 11 pm.

it was delivered first thing Saturday morning to my cousin in Essex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I was given a delivery date for Friday this week but the item arrived on Monday so 5 days early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I ordered a kettle, a book, coffee filters and razor blades. All despatched and sold by Amazon, all with 7-day lead times, with prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If its with Prime it shouldn't be coming with Fastway if does I'd be on to support to complain. I tell them the reason I pay for Prime is quicker dispatch and so I don't get deliveries with a crap couriers like Fastway - sometimes gets a fiver out of them.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

does that not depend on where the poster is based? they deliver with their own vans in Dublin and other cities but what about the rest of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If I order stuff with Prime (I'm near Waterford) it nearly always comes with An Post occasionally DPD. When other family members order (not Prime) then we get some Fastway deliveries. In a couple of hundred Prime orderes I've had Fastway twice, both time were late by 2 or more days (out for delivery but not delivered). Complained both times and got a fiver compensation on one of the calls.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 adventures

Get 3% off with revolut APP

Also, the *Exchange rate guarantee fee is refunded within days

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sorry to clarify, I'm in Dublin and an Amazon van. I agree just an anomaly. I get 3-4 deliveries a week with Amazon and this was the first time. But I had stayed home when I could see it was on the way. Then had to stay in for hours afterwards waiting for them to deliver it (without knowing when).

Turned out I had COVID so no harm in the end! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Prime van just pulled up and wife saw out of corner of her eye. 2 mins later she saw him get back in van and drive away.

so he got out, brought the parcel and dropped it on the step, didn’t bother his arse to ring the bell.

the most infuriating thing was that he has marked it as parcel handed to resident!

just lucky I was home cause I’d say it would easily have walked

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Yes, it's not all rosy with Amazon's own deliveries. Their drivers are seriously and I mean SERIOUSLY desperate to deliver on the day. Fine if you are home, but it can be quite a bit of hassle if you aren't, with some of them dumping packets even in public areas and others giving you call updates on every attempt to find a neighbor, who would accept your package that they already made or are about to make. There used to be an option to include delivery instructions to your order in case your are not at home, but it appears to have been removed, which is not helping at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Most (maybe all) courier companies and An Post allow the option to reschedule the delivery if you know you are not going to be around. Amazon doesn’t have that facility. What happens if there is no one to accept the parcel, and it’s not delivered?

Depends on the driver. Some try agai. Later that day, or the next day. In my experience they attempt twice and then return it.

Ive had drivers turn off the tracking and then get annoyed because I'm not home. Silence on the phone as they don't seem to have an "alternate strategy" if you're not home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭thebiglad

My last Amazon delivery (last week) it said on the delivery is on the way email that they were doing contactless delivery i.e. leave at the door - at least they did ring the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭naughto

No offers on shower gel anymore

Interesting. First An Post delivery due tomorrow. I wonder is that to help with Christmas, or because of my complaint about the Amazon driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Their own delivery is over the capacity around Christmas. It was the case last year and is again now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Of my last 4 deliveries over the past two weeks, on two occasions I only became aware that the package had been delivered when I received a notification on my phone. In both cases it had been left on the doorstep and the doorbell hadn't been rung, despite my car being in the driveway and the house being clearly occupied because I mostly work from home. On another occasion the driver tried to jam an item through the letterbox, despite it clearly being too big to fit and ripping the packaging in the process. Fortunately the item itself was OK. The fourth delivery was fine and exactly what I've come to expect when an item is delivered, but the behaviour of some of the drivers lately would make you think they'd been recruited directly from Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Telly three days early for a telly,rather impressive it was only dispatched two days ago.

Out of curiosity the few bits I get from Alliexpress take longer to get through customs than it does to get from China. Have they priority lines or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They dont seem to be shipping here anymore for some bizarre reason.

I have about 2 years supply here so might be for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Debub

ordered a book on Monday afternoon and recieved it Tuesday by An Post (at 10:30 am) - the quickest that I have ever recieved an Amazon.co.uk delivery (Prime). Can this be due to the new Dublin fulfilment facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭naughto

Iam down to my last bottle need to pick up some more

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

What are other people's recent experiences with the Warehouse 20% off calculations and claiming the difference. I've got caught with the ROI 20% off based on the excluding-tax calculation (in comparisons to a UK address which is calculated on the vat inclusive price).

I've read here people recouping the difference after contacting Customer Service. It's proving a struggle though as they are saying it on the 'item price' but have not back anything up with a relevant T&C even after going the escalation route....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im in the Wicklow moubtains and have had a Prime van rock up though he gave me a shower head instead of a full shower, was a nightmare to sort out. Have also seen them around Naas, a Prime van cut me off at a roundabout a few days ago. Amazon are probably putting them under serious time pressure to get way too many deliveries done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Does anybody know the best way to get a customs receipt for an Amazon order through a third party? Amazon charged me the 23% VAT but as a "customs charge" so not enough detail to reclaim VAT through my business. Amazon said the carrier issues the VAT receipt. I contacted an post via email a couple of weeks ago but no reply yet. Was a 5G router so about €50 VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 46,021 ✭✭✭✭muffler

@Doge The code for the discount on the Amazon Smart plug didnt work for me. Is there anything else that works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

Im not sure what's wrong. Have you selected the correct smart plug?

Advertisement