Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord will only accept cash

Options
  • 30-11-2022 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5 ashmckee123

Hi! My landlord is not allowing me to pay rent except in cash. We agreed that I would pay in cash a few months ago but I never got a receipt or anything from her. last week, my bank account was hacked and I had to get a new debit card which is not here yet and I informed her that I must pay her through PayPal or Revolut, which she accepted in the past for my security deposit. She is telling me she won't accept my rent and that it will now be late, even though I am trying to pay her and she simply won't take it. Is this allowed? Im 99% sure she just wants it in cash so she doesn't have to pay taxes on it.

Comments

Advertisement