Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 2

Options

Comments

And I'm back now to my usual skill level 👌Much more enjoyable. Slower paced, tactical, positional, cautious.

Edit: Nope, spoke too soon. I just got 6 kills and 26 deaths.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

I’m at that level now too. Still going positive the odd time but my god some teams utterly obliterate you. I think maybe go away from the mixed uou have been playing to other modes might help it balance a bit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Play well for 5 games then go play WZ/DMZ or Invasion but do not play that 6th game.

I am really liking DMZ, its quite fun with others on comms. If anyone struggling for M13B I can drop it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

DMZ is a really decent mode,especially with some mates!

Warzone is a lot better than the previous,it feels more tactical and slow and closer to what a BR(in my mind) should be....instead of the slide cancelling,bunny hopping,adderall infused speed merchants flying around the maps!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I can't seem to get a match in warzone for some reason, no matter what gamemode I pick, it just gets stuck on matchmaking and never joins a lobby.

Everything else works fine, so its an odd one. DMZ is good craic, but I do want to at least have a few runs of Battle Royale every now and then.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt think so, given I've no issues with any other gamemode, or indeed, any other game, But I'll have a look.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Played a bit of DMZ but I find other players are nearly always useless. I find loads of times I'll have teammates who go off in random directions or refuse to revive you if you're down. Biggest thing I can't understand are players who call in the exfil helicopter after only a few mins of the game. It takes a few mins to get a game going and they're immediately looking to bail out. Don't get it at all.

probably doing missions where you've to get out with an item, for example the ones where you've to get gas cans or stims and bandages. The quickest, most risk free way of doing it is to head straight for the nearest petrol station, then book it for extract while everyone else is still finding their feet.

Personally, I think that if they're going to restrict you to doing 3 set missions, the matchmaking should try and pair you with people looking to do the same thing, or otherwise, have it in such a way that the missions can be achieved at any point once you've unlocked it, as sometimes a random spawn may dictate that the run is a bust as you're miles from whatever your objective is.

Yeah it's not one for radom team ups. I've had guys not revive me when I'm right beside them or hop into a vehicle and drive off without waiting for you to hop in. Waste of time, wouldn't touch it again unless playing with friends and to be honest I would be arsed even at that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I get the opposite sometimes too. I'll be gunned down and another player will immediately try and revive me, instead of taking 2 seconds to check if the enemy player is still about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can't stop playing DMZ, loving it, not sure why but I am. Some of the exfils are absolute mayhem, deep in the radation, trying to revive two teammates, while my gas mask disintegrates and a truck with maybe enough petrol to get out and get to the chopper. It's much better in a trio but even if it is randoms it adds to the rng.

it is a great game mode,we try to skip any mayhem or ambushes at extractions by just doing a hostage contract when we are ready to dip!

I think its after reintroducing the 'special gaming moment' potential.

we played a game the other night, was way down the south doing contracts and quests and didnt cop the time going when the radiation rolled in. went to the nearest extract and 2 of us got killed by a team waiting for the the chopper. Our teammate left them extract, and then we were running to get a car and get out of the radiation.

Arrived at the middle of the map, and the next extraction, proceeded to get into a long firefight with another team, which we won, but the radiation had caught up to us and we couldn't use the extract, cue running like mad through the city streets to get to the northeast corner, we see the chopper coming in, and the announcer says they're leaving in 60 seconds. Just as we arrive at the extract, we notice a team circling in an LTV, and we assumed the worst was about to happen.

For some reason they didnt push until we had gotten into the chopper and we mowed them down on the steps just 3 seconds before it took off.

It was epic, and I was buzzing for the night after it.

yeah I've had a few like that. The one that would have been the best ever ended with me crashing a chopper and killing my last teammate with me. I felt awful, he had picked up an M13 too from someone we killed. I've been on a few final choppers, as far as I can tell no one will chance teaming up, I certainly wouldn't take a chance on a fellow random cod player requesting to go friendly. Final chopper is kill or be killed as far as I'm concerned although I have found it's not too busy - I've only extracted on it a handful of times.

As far as I know, If you hold down the ping wheel, you can select an option to invite players to squad up, where they essentially become friendlies and you cant kill them. I must try it next time to see if theres any takers.

I was activating a SAM site with two randoms when we were attacked by a lone wolf sniper. We rushed him and I put him down as he parachuted away, of course he revived before I got to him and he ran into a building. I threw a stun at him which turned out to be smoke which just aided his escape. Couldn't see where he went, then he popped out from behind dumpster put down one of the randoms and disappeared once more.

Appeared again and almost stuck me with a molotov but I put him down a second time. This is when he decided that he wanted to join our group. Battlefield justice is harsh however.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Still need to finish the first level in DMZ.. exfil the white lotus intel.

Every goddamn squad I team up with (ramdomers) just **** off doing their own thing and in solo mode the bots are way way op and just like terminators.

Definitely up for teamups if anyone's up for it.. I'm on Pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

You think that’s bad. I got the intel and went to a buy station to get a uav before I extracted and I went to sell some stuff and I sold the intel 😵

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Did the exact same thing last night, 2 lads in my squad made a mockery of me.

Also, really enjoying the Irish operator.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What class is everyone using most?

There's a lot of stuff about this game that annoys me like some of the maps, excessive camping, SBMM etc. but I LOVE that they have iron sight sniping back. Reminds me of the good ol days of World at War with the Mosin Nagant.

Primary: SA-B 50 (marksman rifle)

Secondary: Lockwood 300 (shotty)

Perks: Bomb Squad, Overkill, Fast Hands, High Alert

DMZ = any gun that needs leveling

BR = P890 akimbos and RPK with the 3.4 scope

Shoothouse is all i play in the multiplayer,so usually run different SMGs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Leveling up a few at the minute. Main one of the lot would be MP5 and Glock 17. Scar L if it's a bigish map but most playing shoothouse lately.

I'd love to see what the player distribution is following the launch of maps like shoothouse and shipment. personally havent looked at the launch maps since shoothouse arrived, and even then, I don't particularly love it, but its certainly the easiest to jump in, hit your xp challenges and then leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 farada

And I'm back now to my usual skill level 👌Much more enjoyable. Slower paced, tactical, positional, cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

I’m liking most of the map but the border crossing one can kiss my ass. I hate it. The rest are good imo. The levelling up guns takes a good while

Worst map from any CoD,there was a hilarious vid of some dude spawning,running 10 yards and a car blowing up killing him over and over at the start of the match!

DMZ or Shoothouse is great for leveling,spam decoy grenades too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

At the start I hated it too but once your run Bomb Squad it's bearable.

Maps like Breenbergh Hotel (truly awful for TDM), Crown Raceway (one of the worst maps I've played), and last but not least El Asilo, the spawn killing paradise are worse for me. I'd add Taraq to this list but honestly it shouldn't be in a 6v6. I just leave when I see it and El Asilo especially.

• Advertisement

Funnily enough, I love border crossing, but I dont play modes that reset the cars, so once they're exploded, they're gone.

Hate the hotel map, no matter how often I play it, it feels like I'm constantly running to try and find someone to shoot, El Asilo is an awful map as well.

I also like Taraq and Crown Raceway, but farm 18 or hydroelectric are probably the best of the launch maps.

Advertisement