Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

just applied parkrun code but voucher not seen anywhere🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Treats for next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭uli84

Yeh same here 🤔 tried to do it again but says i already used it 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

50% of Milk Choc Santa or Microwave Popcorn on first scratch card

Yeh at least we know why the app wasn’t working properly last week, they were “updating” 🙈 surprised they made such move just before Christmas, maybe they have too many customers 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Parkrun code not working at all for me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Same for me on 2 phones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

"Sorry this code doesn't seem to be active, please review the dates it is available."

^Getting this message when I enter Parkrun code this morning. I wonder have they also started fiddling with this aspect of the app?

Edit. Parkrun code working since 9 am.

The treats in the plus app are getting less appealing by the week too. Mostly featuring items that are a bit niche, or so close to/dearer than "big name" similar items that you wouldn't try the unknown. Unlikely to travel across town for 32% off a single grapefruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Anyone here win a winter winners voucher, with a bit of luck someone here will get one, nice bump before Christmas if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

in 2 weeks Lidl will have enough data to confirm that a chunk of customers will travel to the shop more than once a week only if there's something for free at the end of the line - doesn't matter if it's chocolate or happy bears !

unfortunately even discounters are starting to charge fruits per piece instead of per Kg or punnet/pack ( this is an old trick of Du**es and Supervaluable to get their prices in cents, under €1 )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Only if we actually change our behaviour. Lidl also are going from 30% to 20% off in the "salmonella corner" as some people affectionately call it.

Change your behaviour, or we'll be stuck with bad deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Yes, I noticed that earlier, I took an item with a blank orange sticker to see if I'd get the 30% but cashier marked it as 20%.

I'll probably still shop in Lidl for convenience but won't use my app as no point now. No interest in Chocolate Santas that will be less than half price anyway come December 27th anyway.

I'd say Parkrun codes also on way out. The current code has 39 in it so maybe it might get to 52 and then they'll call it quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Parkrun code nit showing in my treats, this happen anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Code works but treat doesn't appear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,332 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

code for parkrun would only work after 9am and i got my easy peelers worth €1.85 and they are huge too so happy days

The internet isn’t for everyone

Well for me it states i already used the code 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cookiee

I put my parkrun code in around 1pm and it worked fine, however my partner put it in around 8am, and there's nothing on his vouchers list, and if he tried redeem again says he already has it when he didn't, no where on the list on vouchers even when scrolling down. I wonder will it end up appearing..

Lidl WhatsApp must be flat out, I contacted them around 12 today and they said they're aware of the parkrun issue and would give me a euro off for the trouble, after 2 hours of very sporadic replies...

They also said the park run qpon would appear at some later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

Interesting timing with all the increases from Lidl, you'd have thought they'd be trying to hold onto customers for Christmas rather than squeezing them for more and pushing them to competitors. The loss of the freebies means I won't be going out of my way to them, Aldi and Tesco will probably be getting our Christmas business.

All the app has done lately is point out to me even more how much and quickly prices are going up, as I started to notice a lot of the time the actual price displayed on the 'discounted' item had gone up compared to the price on the app voucher which was only released a very short time beforehand.

The move from 30% to 20% reduction on short dated items is pretty stingy, on stuff that's 1 day away from having to be binned by them anyway.

Thanks for the bargains and freebies Lidl, it was nice while it lasted.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

the short dated products do get reduced further up to 80% off, the first sticker is only the first stage of the reduction

i got salmon and cod for 90cent a pack last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, be interesting to see if they also raise the true "salmonella corner" prices.🤣😂 Never seemed to be much in it in any of my stores, but might be more now that it's gone to 20% on the orange.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The 20% thing is strange. Especially as Aldi have gone the opposite way offering 50% off.

It’s all about timing, 8pm in my local Lidl is the big price reduction and 7:30 for Tesco, people are hovering around in Tesco from 6:30 normally waiting for the person with the stickers and then the pushing and shoving starts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That's "waste not", i havent seen one of those in months in either of my locals, aldi often do 75% off though.

Doesn’t matter what the name on the sticker is once it’s reduced 🤷‍♂️

woman that works in my local Lidl said they don’t have much of the 80% off items now because everyone is grabbing the first stage reductions quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭EarWig

Yeah. Bargain hunting has gone mainstream.

I managed to get 2 litres of milk in a local shop for €1.69 today, so maybe things will reverse themselves a bit eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Anyone know what the 2nd scratch and win is?

Advertisement