Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring immersion heater switch

Options
  • 01-12-2022 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Hi.

How is this switch meant to be wired?

I thought it would be the same as the one I'm replacing and that I could just swap the wires over one at a time. But the new switch has different terminals

**EDIT** I've attached a photo showing how the cable from the heater was wired into the old switch.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Up Donegal on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

It needs a link between live out and common

Then check bath and sink are wired correctly and connections are tight

They're not a great design of a switch

Almost impossible for the handyman to get them right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

So, just to confirm:

1 - The brown live and blue neutral supply wires go to the L IN & N IN terminals (bottom right) respectively

2 - The brown and blue wires from the heater go to the L OUT & N OUT terminals (top right) respectively.

3 - Link between L OUT and COMMON with a short piece of the correct wire.

4 - Which terminal is the black wire from the heater attached to? On the old switch, the black wire was attached to the 'BATH' terminal.

5 - What are the two bottom left terminals - L1 & L2 - for?

Thanks in advance once again.

No , it would be better to have someone fit it tbh

Looks like that heaters been in a while , the old black/blue bath/sink wiring

Might need IR testing and RCD protection

Advertisement