Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Maybe work on your dogs' behaviour first?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

FASTWAY? Hah, hah........... gross breach of trades description.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I don't mind if I'm not lied to.

None of the stuff I order is urgent, and if (and I know this) my gaff is at an out-flung part of their route, I will happily wait a day or two until they're able to combine deliveries in this area.

I hate being lied to by their software, which in turn is a bare-faced lie by some twat who put it (the excuse) in there.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Good money in this game it has to be said. Would these women on the whole not just be better to try and start a family in their late 20s? Always be some harder cases where cancer treatment affects fertility but thankfully those will be rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,648 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I thought if you were promoting or benefiting from a service you were discussing on social media you had to make it clear you were doing it for your own benefit. I believe you needed to put AD in your post where this relationship exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

not too keen in tax money being wasted on fertility treatment's

seems like a bottomless pit for money

3pm, off you go and conceive something worthwhile, Joe.

Like a programme worth listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

'Hey Whacker, didy'a hear on Joe Duffy peeple sayin' they put their donations for VinnydePaul in collection boxes in the churches'

'Moolah in St. Anthony's box'

'Yep'

'St.Anthony ya little beaut'

'Tis the season to be jolly'

'Deck the halls wid boughs of holly' Decko.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Surely not?! Da salt of da earth dub taxi drivers wouldn't do this....it must be da foreigners!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭the 12 th man

Freepost means no stamp needed and not that they are collected from the post office by the Company themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I was driving today and caught the first half hour of Liveline.

I hope Dee Forbes had headphones on up the highest volume and was unable to turn it down when the grandchild was crying and screaming.

Duffy was mad to offer the (repeat I think) caller some day out or something but, after what seemed like a lifetime of what can only be described as fuckaroundory, he eventually ended the call.

Another new low for Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I thought him asking what the barking dogs in the background some times was but to kill time by keeping the child crying rather than saying go to the child was well killing as much time as he could to 3pm.

Anyone know if you buy bottles, cans and recycled them at where the extra charge will go that it cost you buying them.

Post edited by Jeff2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

That was one of the most unprofessional things I have ever heard a radio broadcaster do. Anyone else would have politely ended the call, let the caller look after the upset grandchild, and moved on with the programme for the listeners. There have been other occasions where he has cut someone off suddenly, but this time he just kept talking to the man.

Then in the same programme there was a very strange reaction when a caller said "Yes Joe" when it was his turn to come on air. Perfectly normal opening words, but Joe seemed surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

Yeah, had to turn off as he persisted with the call and the child roaring.

What a strange and unprofessional thing to do to persist with it.

Further proof that there is no chain of command, no final say or even tempering influence outside the glass.

Tubridy and the big fella have been deified on RTE Radio. They can just do whatever the fack they want.

Not sure what producers, series producers and editors are for in an RTE context. Even Peter Woods appears to be powerless in this "system".

• “You rang me” was the strangest response, instead of “go ahead, cawlur, you wanted to say x…”

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ronan playing “I got a feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas. Joe delighted he doesn’t have to work as hard as usual to use that as a segue at the start of the promo. He’ll still make a complete balls of it though.

Lol bingo

• Advertisement

Taxi drivers and dat so to speak.

A “vice” message left at 3:30am so to speak. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today (maybe)

Lack of taxis. Joe has a dig at the NTA once again. Joe taking calls at 3.30 a.m. such is his work ettic. Well sumone left a voice message at dat hour.

Trampoline prices are going up. Expect plenty of puns.

Smyths do be wan a de biggest “tie fIrums” in de wurild….

Stephen Donnelly might be on the show to comment on the trampolines then….

• presumably with a lot of heavy breathing, and not just from Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 25,177 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Never has..."shove it up your hole!"...been a better response...lol

well hopefully the trampoline segment (if it's on) will be worth the listen alone.

• Advertisement

Been washing my trampoline. Seemed time to do some spring cleaning.

I have a phobia of trampolines.. I can’t help it, they just always make me jump! 

A friend replaced his bed with a trampoline without telling his partner. She hit the roof.

and so on and dat

Advertisement