Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I'll fill my batteries in 2 hours if I want as my inverter can charge at 120amps but 3 hours would give them an easier life.

☀️

Energia's EV rate is full off peak period 11 pm - 8am Winter and 00:00 - 9 am Summer. Currently I pay 9.4 Cent per Kwh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Ah jaysis, you're back! Finished your probation? 😉

Unfortunately that rate isn't available on a smart meter, next best thing is the smart EV plan which has 4 hours as a low rate

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Yes, back for a while at least lol.

Ah yes forgot about the dreaded smart meter plans the Government promised would make bills cheaper. 🤣

They're doing a great job at bringing value to the electricity suppliers

They always annoy me because in theory they should be used to even out grid consumption and help both customers and suppliers save money

The reality is that they've just turned into a money grab opportunity for suppliers

• Advertisement

The Government are great at looking after companies and their Pals, if they say something is good then chances are it's not, if they tell you to do something then you'd probably be better off doing the opposite, they're certainly not there for the average man.

Wind energy is free once the turbines are installed, ok, there's maintenance but compared to Oil or Gas the cost of wind is free for the wind companies yet the cost of wind is linked to the cost of gas which is outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Looks like my final EI bill of the year has come through and still no sign of FIT. Presume everyone else is in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I haven't been keeping up with this topic. How do I know if I'm owed something? I had a smart meter installed last year while on a 24hr plan. Got an email to say what rate Electric Ireland were paying a few months ago to be paid at the end of the year. In August I got my meter swapped for a day/night meter then left them in October. I understand there's specific requirements to get accurate FIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I have got nothing from Electric Ireland. Havent heard anything either. I left them in September. They owe me a lot of money. Im thinking i may never see it.

With Bord Gais now and they did tell me they would be paying from January when i called them last month. But ohers have said they have heard different too, so not impressed with either of them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

March is what's on Bord Gais website, one payment a year. I reckon it's a tactic so they can get out of the deemed FIT as people are getting smart meters installed.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Numerous people have been on to the regulator with no joy, it's a joke. Try paying your electricity bill once a year and see what happens.

I was with Bord Gais and had to deal with them and ESBN to get a night meter installed. To be clear, I already had a night meter, those digital ones can do both

After going back and forth with both on them and getting told constantly changing stories I was left astonished that our power grid functions as well as it does

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

For a laugh I emailed BG, I was with them until August of this year and I was like:

And the joke of an answer:

Because payments are made annually for the micro-generation export and the first payment is scheduled to release March 2023. You would please need to contact us to avail of your payment at this time. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Just shows how toothless the regulator is and how spineless the Green Party, as always, is

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The green party is asleep. Chances of them being reelected is slim to none.

CRU was always toothless. I met with them during my time on the ievoa committee and was shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I had to call Electric Ireland as they owed me €147 due to an estimated bill just before I left them. It was triple what my bill normally is, I'd love to know where they pulled those figures from. 6 weeks after closing the account, no sign of the money coming back. If I am due any FIT I'll likely need to call them.

Energia already took it off the first bill, don't see why Electric Ireland couldn't do that off my closing bill otherwise they're just sitting on data.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Did you switch provider though? Or are you still with Bord Gais and got paid FIT because there are people with complaints with both them and the regulator getting nowhere just like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Were you due much from them. I estimate for the couple months Feb to June I'm due just under 200 but no response yet from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I switched in Sep to Energia.

BG back paid me in full for the deemed export from Feb-Sep. They initially told me I wouldn't be paid until Mar 2023 so I opened a complaint and a nice lady called me and said the "money is in the post". It hit my bank account a few days later.

That is why you got paid yours, the rest of us will either have to leave or wait for a lazy useless regulator to get the finger out until March. I can't complain to much with the old meter in case it draws attention to the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gkp1

I had my smart meter replaced with a day/night meter a few months back. Is it correct that if I install solar that I will not get the deemed export from bord gais as I am eligible for a smart meter? Thanks.

You're not eligible for a smart meter if you're an MCC02 (day night meter) customer. Just say nothing about the meter at all. You'll get "deemed FIT" from the date your NC6 form is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭simpsimp

As a matter of interest - I thought all 24 hour and Day/Night meter users were being moved to Smart meters?

Curious about this as a Day/Night meter user who would rather not move to Smart any time soon!

No, they aren't. Only MCC01 is eligible for the rollout.

I switched to MCC02 before getting solar in, and am being paid deemed fit/CEG from my supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Colm82

Reply from SSE this morning on my request for back payment as I left them for BG.

Unfortunately, the first installment of CEG payments have not been uploaded to customer accounts yet. The first credit payment will cover export data from July 2022 to September 2022. As your Smart Meter was installed on 14/07/22, this will be the starting date for your export data. We are endeavouring to make the first credit payment to customers by the end of this year, with follow up payments for any remaining export data proceeding in the following May and November (where applicable). We apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience,

On a separate note has anyone not got their government credit yet? BG say SSE should give it to me as I was with them until 29th October. SSE say I left them on the 21st. The 27th was the day the government credit was applied to all accounts apparently.

Payments from all suppliers of the €200 commenced on the 1st November, BG credited me on the 10th. They are full of sh1t as usual. BG will do anything to hold onto a few quid.

Energia I have to say are on the ball. CEG/FIT payments on the bill each 2months, and the government credit in on the 1st Nov or before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

best supplier at the moment for sure, will never again give BG my business. Energia would want to invest in their usage graphing plug-in though which is poor but apart from that small niggle, good service I have to say.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement