Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

When the batteries run low in my doorbell it chimes continuously, I just don't understand the logic. Ding dong dey ro...on and on. It's TA and embarrassing trying to talk to a caller at the door...ding dong dey ro. Just a sec 'til I take the batteries out of my doorbell. 😀

And on a related note 'appliances' such as the doorbell that use an odd number of batteries (3) when small batteries are sold in 4's or multiples of 2. If by chance this lone battery is needed in the future it will be lost/mislaid/dumped 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Post edited by cj maxx on

People who can't just say fair enough I was wrong. It's okay to be wrong. Not that big a deal.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm not, loike, *loving* the judgement, goys?

People who don't know the difference between fiancé and fiancée. It makes some threads very confusing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sorry Dial Hard, it's just that your description of first world problems and lack of venison sausages put me in mind of this:

Couldn't find any wild boar ones either. What's the world coming to???

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That you have the strength to keep going after these trials and tribulations is an inspiration to the rest of us.

• Advertisement

I can't find the bugs and gremlins thread , but it anyone else find that when scrolling for forums on an iPhone.? it's impossible !!

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The mother hen types in the office who put me under pressure to bring croissants and pastries and sweets

I don’t eat the food that others bring (so I’m not freeloading ) and I’ve no interest in joining a rota

But saying no once is never enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Having to babysit the new guy because my "manager" is a useless cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Realising your glasses are in the kitchen when you just got snug in bed,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yo Mr acupuncturists, big fan of your work, full body healing and all that but HURRY UP with putting the needles in the actual sore bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The word hero is overused these days but sometimes it is the only word that fits.

I had to Google that , it sounds very tasty 👍

TA is I have go to the and hunt for beef sausages. I really am monkey read monkey buy !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was using the sports facility at my local university and it’s like zombie land.

i walk out and at 6.15pm the first thing I see is a massive throng of drunk eejits, all in their Xmas jumpers and outside the bar drinking .. there an ambulance, Gardai and around 12 campus security…. All outnumbered just the 12 security, a few cops and about 150 little twats.

the strange thing is the demeanour of people coming and going, blokes especially suggests already a copious intake of alcohol and indeed other substances which all for such an early stage of the evening is worrying. People openly carrying large bottles of spirits… quite drunk…then a van pulls up with the band and their gear… “ffs, do we get danger money ?” One is heard exclaiming … words are exchanged subsequently as the band and crew attempt to bring their gear around to presumably the stage door via a ramp… some of the little goons are just standing there blocking their path to the ramp and looking at them…. “ are you fûcking thick ? Move ! “

there is an air of menace and foreboding and I certainly wouldn’t enjoy going there… not a brilliant reflection on certain young folks…

• Advertisement

@Dial Hard

I mean, I wouldn't buy it in a month of Sundays (I feel sorry for Bambi and the rest) but since you're stuck...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Missed the start of the Christine McVie (RIP) documentary on BBC4, very annoyed.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Watching the mosconi cup on sky sports, only for the feed to crash…grrr an entertaining game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I bought chorizo for a snack , now I can’t find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cereal in bowl for supper.

Open fridge.

No milk !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

There have been a lot of complaints in Feedback about the delay with Boards completing account closures when requested, some were submitted months ago and it should be done within 30 days.

My TA is that a year's worth of requests seem to have resolved lately, there's 'deleted user' and 'random three word' usernames all over the shop.

It looks like there's a mass exodus but we can all play 'Spot the Rereg' now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You're great at spotting re-reg posters it's like your super power 😂🤣🤣

• Advertisement

Friday the 2nd of September.. kindly sort yourself the fùck out.

You are about 3 hours 54 minutes in yet so far..

1) my insomnia is playing up

2) as I reach for the remote to watch tv the power goes in the whole area...

3) neighbours alarms sounding...

So I've no sleep.. no entertainment and I feel like crap..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement