Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Day / Night rate

Options
  • 30-11-2022 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

My current 12 contract is up with Electric Ireland in January. Wonder who currently has the best rates as I don’t think bonkers is as up to date as it use to be.

Have about 65% of my usage in the night time rate with EV, appliances, etc

- Current rate: Day 0.4241, Night 0.2092 (minus my Electricity EnergySaver Nightsaver of 26%). Standing charge is €400.

Ever so slightly higher rates if I stick with EI.

- Energia are currently offering and EV charging plan; Day 0.4777, Night 0.1375 and standing charge of €300.

Anyone seen or have a better deal?

Thanks

OR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

For day night meters (which are cheaper than smart meter rates anyway) Energia seem the best out there. Once you can load shift as much as possible to night

• Registered Users Posts: 45,520 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I know someone who had a day/night meter installed a month ago.

Just a heads up for anyone getting told they aren't available. They are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Yup, i had my smart meter removed in Jan and a Day/Night installed. makes way more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Was there a charge for having the Day/Night meter installed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Nope, was free of charge. And was done in about 10 minutes. The ESB lad who installed it said he didn't understand why more poeple weren't getting D/N meters out. said the Smart Meters were one of the biggest wastes of money he'd ever seen but they were just installing them based on what they were told to do....

I was told that it would cost me about 300 euro if I wanted to ever get the Smart Meter re-installed but right now, I can't see why I would be doing that any time soon. Overall prices would need to drop significantly and the smart meter tariffs would need to get a lot more cheaper / competitive....

• Advertisement
Advertisement