Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

For me what this autumn missed was a storm. For how unsettled it was in terms of rainfall we didn’t get one named storm, that’s unusual. If it was a mostly blocked autumn you would still half expect some sort of wind event somewhere during the unsettled spells. It’s autumn so I don’t mind the rain, the excessive mildness was a bit irritating at times. A couple more frosty nights would have been nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That makes sense. It was brutal. I'll have to look at how the year will come in overall, but given it was so dry earlier in the year it may well just come out average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭appledrop

Don't know how some of you thought it was good.

Felt like it never stopped raining in Dublin!

I actually don't mind a storm or two and then gone, but it was just windy all the time, headwrecking.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Autumn was autumnal. That's all I can say! The rain did not bother me.

Autumn for me is crisp dry days with the crunch of leaves beneath your foot.

Not a hope of that this year, any leaves on the ground were saturated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Is their a winter chat

That's how I like my autumns too but I suppose each to their own. Some people tend to hibernate the minute the clocks go back and don't mind rain at all over the autumn and winter months. I tend to be outside a lot all year round so too much rain at any time bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Hooter23

We did good to get through 2-3 months of very heavy rain without much flooding...still dont know how because the rain was so heavy and prolonged

Oh god we are in for a shock if this cold weather appears from Wed on.

Forecasting highs of 3 or 4 degrees during the day here in Dublin.

Brrrrrrr🥶

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Advertisement