Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Congreve Reopens

Options
  • 03-11-2022 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

Has visited the above in recent days. Saw on Facebook the other day that a new cafe/shop has opened and some work has been done on the garden paths etc…..is it with a trip…?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Prior to the work being done, it was worth a trip so this will definitely add to it. A fantastic amenity to have on our doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

as you said-it was worth the spin out before all the work-the place looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

I loved it ,went out last Sunday and they have out tar and chip paths through some of the garden which makes it ver accessible for everyone. The cafe shop is first class. The distance and terrain from the carpark to the entrance is a serious issue though and I think a revisit maybe necessary particularly for the very people the paths went down for. I hate to be negative but it is a good 5 minute walk and in inclement weather alone will kill footfall. I assume saner council will prevail and a rethink will happen quickly. A fantastic amenity otherwise and will only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Have been out twice, it's a fantastic spot, plenty of space and seating and will be lovely in the summer.

The food service needs a look at though, between the organisation, or lack of, the flies crawling on the food in the display cabinets and the milk that is left out on tables all day it's the one area that is really letting it down.

The desserts were a very big portion and lovely, hopefully they get their act together on the other part.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭nomoedoe

Mount Congreve house will be open to the public from this Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Lovely spot indeed, but the post is damning with faint praise. How could you possibly know milk is left out all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

few tell tale signs. Temperature of the milk and then when you pour it into tea/coffee does a creamy swirl develop initially that looks like it’s going to ‘curdle’ but once stirred it disappears…..? If place is busy then milk won’t be ‘resident’ in jug long enough to develop this feature but if left in jug all day the milk’s temperature will come into equilibrium with the room’s temperature and a microbiological processes will begin to take place and will ‘consume’ / react with the top of the milk and change its viscosity and density and ultimately turn it sour….😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Perhaps you should have said that in the first place..LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Very impressed it. They really have done an amazing job with the reception, cafe and shop etc. Even the toilets - to think of the state of the toilets before, compared to what's there now.

I thought there were plans to have one entrance in, and a different exit out road system. Maybe that was dropped. There is space which does look like it may be used for parking across from the main house, but needs to be worked on first.

Lovely additions to the gardens with interactive and educational signs throughout as well. The kids enjoyed it.

Advertisement