Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Personally I think the opposite of a huge clear out is required. I think the huge volume of annual squad and manager turnover is very disruptive and inhibits the development of any sort of team identity.

I'd hope to see them hold onto the manager for another season. Unfortunately the likes of Patterson and Ulche are unlikely to hang around in the First Division, but you'd be hopeful in the current era that getting a secure contract might be enough to tempt them to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I've heard the issue with the manager is that the wife doesn't want to move over here, Phoenix I believe has a trial all this week, Junior indicated he was returning though which would be brilliant.

It's a squad of young players, with a blend of experienced professionals mixed in I think we could have a very good season again next season, and hopefully avoid the disasterous start that cost us the league.

Baptiste composure made a difference at the back but we don't have that kind of presence further up the field and I felt that told.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Wouldn't knock Searle, think he's done a fine job, but that's the challenge in bringing these managers over from the UK. Ultimately it's a big commitment to make for a club in the second tier of Irish football. Lads might go it while they're out of work but will go home at their first chance of an alternative at home.

Are Waterford the only LOI club without an Irish manager at the moment? I think all the clubs in the Premier have Irish guys at the helm anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

😂 So you want a huge clearout of a squad who got to the semi final of the FAI cup beat 2 good premier sides on the way only to come up short against ANOTHER premier side. A side that ended up finishing just 4 points behind the winners Cork despite having an awful start due to a negative manager which cost us winning the league. A side that won both games in the playoff to get to the final only to come up short against an inform UCD side who are always a decent outfit. But hey the rot needs to stop now 😂. You clearly build on a side that performs like that, why in hell would rip that side apart, it makes absolutely zero sense and you risk throwing away next season because you're rebuilding.

Looking forward to see what happens over the next few months, a bit of patience will be needed with the new owners while they get a good look at the club. Patterson will be a huge loss of course but i hope we can retain most of this current team and add a couple of good players to it to expand the squad we can certainty win it next season. A good physical midfielder and forward would be high on my list.

Phoenix winning First Division POTY is a fitting send off for him, and fully deserved. Hope he grabs his chance at playing at a higher level

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very positive quick response and hopefully we do it next season. Obviously the title is the main aim and too avoid those bloody playoffs

Hardly change it to 2 up and 2 down now that both Divisions have 10 teams. Kerry FC be away trip

Kerry away will be one to make a weekend out of alright, some spin to come back in the one go, let alone Finn harps!

Any word on whether they expect to have a kit ready before Christmas? I know they were still in discussions with suppliers a couple of weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Bad thing is the kit and other club wear is done it's just there's no distributor. The Irish distributor for umbro is in liquidation. Basically the kit is in limbo with absolutely no fault on the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Someone definitely has a curse on this club, never see so many things go wrong even when something positive is trying to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Shame, feel like they are missing a trick. If it is out of their hands so be it but would have been great to have capitalised on the hype that had been built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

All going well it will be launched before Christmas.

What in the world has caused the cock up on the season tickets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I don't think that can be blamed for setting up a form with no box to put an email address 😂

Was in there this evening to pick my seat, all seems to be okay on that end, was in the system. Hopefully be out before Christmas, he said the printer is stuck in Dublin. You couldn't make it up like

Post edited by StringerBell on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

anyone have any idea what the issue is between a certain fan or fans in regards to issues with player welfare?

Galway pulling out all the stops, Ollie Horgan going in as Assistant manager

Good to see some guys commiting to us for next season.

scrap that. just seen the actual post this morning but originally told about it through a friend. pure attention seeking it seems. obviously looking for trouble again with the club for whatever reason he sees fit.

Sum nice summer trips there

• Advertisement

Is it just me has absolutely no idea what your talking about? Or who? Why can't people just say what they are trying to say like without going round in circles

blues supporters page on Facebook. read it and it's plain obvious

No, but here's a thought. If you want to talk a out something on a message board give more detail?

Big loss but not unexpected, owners definitely realising his potential

let's hope they can find a suitable replacement for him here

Yeah has both good and bad connotations to it, mostly bad in fairness as his on field contributions are going to be hard to replace but he deserves his chance and who knows, it may be the case that it does make more players take Waterford as a serious option as a stepping stone for them. A platform to showcase their talents, owner put a come and get me call out to the top talent in Ireland in the statement 😂

No word on Junior yet

no doubt one of the great international players and hopefully this works out for the club

Journey starts tonight with an away game against Wexford. Really hoping the additions to the squad will work out and we will go the direct route back to the Premier Division, stay away from those bloody playoffs. Be nice to do well in the cup but the First Division title is the main priority

For that to happen we need a strong start to the season unlike what we had (and untimely cost us) the last season

A big Waterford FC fan base made the trip over the Fleetwood during the week. Some commitment tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Comfortable win away to Wexford. Just under 2000 there and traffic and parking issues delayed kick off. 2 early goals from Wassim Aouchria put Waterford in control and Wexford didn't threaten much. Nicely taken 3rd goal saw Wassim claim his hat trick. Waterford looked good, solid at back, strong in midfield and with 2 home games coming up will hope to get a good start to season.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't help think there's going to chaos out there Friday with c3000 people trying to find their seats, given that they're all allocated now, then finding others sitting in your seat and trying to shift them, especially nearing kick off. They tried this few years back for an underage international and I saw some lads nearly coming to blows.

• Advertisement

Would assume they will have stewards on hand to deal with that kind of thing for the first few weeks at least

Advertisement