Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Bathroom Ventilation

Options
  • 29-11-2022 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Lads, just wondering would any of you be able to recommend a quiet running external wall vent? this is for a ensuite that is to the front of the house. There already is a vent there that is blocked up and the shower has cause mold. We've just moved in so looking to sort. Also need one of those external brick vents. Any recommendations? I'm a bit concerned about draughts and noise as the front of the house is quite exposed as we have no house in front of us.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

you'll want a fan with an external cowl, ideally with a set of flaps that close when there's no positive pressure from inside, no brick vent needed. Vent-Axia do a few, they are very quiet and can run when activated until the humidity drops below a certain level, important for showers. You'll need power to this location though and a fused spur - check the diameter of the hole to see if it would fit and have a look to see if your sparks / plumber is comfortable fitting one?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have one of these I got installed from a company called Royal Controls.

Advertisement