Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm nearly broke now :D

I've down to my last 1.5 million.

If I had kept him he's still be worth 7million but where's the fun in that :)

Also got Messi from my 100 friendly win packs.

Its the first time I've ever packed Messi in the history of Fifa and I didn't even notice it..its just fodder at this stage.

In fact I've packed R94 twice (once from icon pack) over Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Said I'd give that Saudi hero a blast as he's ridiculous money and gets great reviews online.

Jesus, he's ridiculous and a fun card to use.

I bought him for 630k on Monday evening and he's already back up to 700k so I might cash in, but I can see how he is so popular.

@Lord TSC - how's Gullit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gullit is fun. The ball just seems to bounce perfectly for him and around him. I know I’d get way more out of him if I was a better player, and he feels a bit wasted in my team but he’s very obviously going to be in my squad till next year now.

mind, the game itself is driving me nuts. Every single game is the exact same. 2 blocks of 4, constant spamming of skills, and hoof all to pacy strikers. Honestly, I can’t remember hating the game play as much as I do right now for a while. It’s mind numbing Trying to break down two blocks of four every single game.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yes and then the endless going in circles / fake shots when you're trying to defend.

What's most annoying is you know it's coming, and you even move your player to deal with it, but the game won't let you. It will force your defender to mess up somehow. Or the ball will go through their legs or some nonsense.

Or when you are attacking, you can notice your player very obviously delay making a pass, waiting until the defender gets into position to intercept because that game has decided an intercept needs to happen. Or passing nowhere near where you aim, again because an intercept needs to happen.

Players getting glass-walled, where their pace is temporarily nerfed or they can barely move because they're not supposed to get to the ball.

Get the ball wide, get to by line, cut back, keeper stands watching, tap in. It's awful right now.

I actually can't stand what EA are doing. The WC promo is as dull as a wet week in Bundoran. They can't even implement a win counter correctly. It's pure laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Same aul guff it is. I have noticed pack weight is through the floor. I'm enjoying playing golden goal for the swap tokens right enough, I'll stop at twenty I hope. Thirty would be a botheration.

• Advertisement

Packs have 100% been nerfed. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

I wonder if they are trying to fix the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't seen a promo card in weeks but just packed this premium fodder again

Looking at the swaps rewards, I think most of them are fairly muck. The only worthwhile ones looks to be 10 tokens for the 84x20, 20 tokens for the 84x20 x 3 and 40 for Vieira.

No way I'm getting 40 tokens, so I think I'll just grind up to 20 and take the fodder.

The 35 tokens for the icon pick seems ok, but not sure why you'd run that lottery when Vieira is just 5 more tokens.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Andrew93

have used 30 of my tokens thus far on the 84 x 20 and the 84 x 20 x 3. Nothing special but helped me craft plenty of SBCs and still have decent fodder in my club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really can’t complain about pack luck this year. Gullit, Ronaldo three times, Messi. Lewandowski from my OTw pack, Park from my hero pack twice. A few of those foundation packs making me hefty profits too. Usually my luck is dirt, but I feel this year has been the absolute best luck I’ve ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The curse has been broken. I packed my first ever icon! I mean its Laudrup who goes for 70k but an icon pull is an icon pull 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

I just bought casemiro totw card and it disappeared. My coins were taken too. I added him to the club from the transfer screen. Has this happened to anyone?

Decided to splash the coins I'd earned rather than continuing to trade. It's very time-consuming and I'd rather use my time to play the game given I won't have much of it over Christmas.

Brought in Al-Owarian, Lucio (again), IF Dembele, Capdevila and WC Zambrotta. Zambrotta is always the most underrated and underpriced full-back in the game every single year.

I'll have enough to get Vieira once they release the next batch of tokens which will hopefully be tonight.

I'll then be running the below which should do me for months really. I can't see anywhere I could improve it except for maybe a big Icon ahead of IF Dembele.

How did you get 5 mill coins on top of that team @BrentMused ?

Gotta say they're really phoning it in with the World Cup content, 44 matches played so far and we've had 2 Showdown SBCs.

Haven't even really started Swaps yet but can get to 31 tokens (25 without any Squad Battles) so I can at least get the 3x84x20

I think this is the best effort-to-value ratio one tbh.

I agree, the WC stuff is dire. So lazy. All they've done is make duplicates of gold cards and make them red.

Yeah I was thinking of the 25 token WC Hero PP but if that's bad there's no coming back, at least with 3 bad 84x20 packs I get a lot of fodder and can do some SBCs.

The thing with the hero pick and the 35 icon pick is imagine grinding all those tokens only to get some junk card. It would be heart breaking.

That's just how much the team currently costs to buy.

I packed gold Neymar and TOTW Mbappe so have them untradable.

Those 2 alone account for about 2.5m of those 5m coins.

• Advertisement

Has the ability to snipe been removed for anyone else? My filters always reset now when I go back to change them.

Matchmaking is such a mess this year, went 6-0 in WL without breaking a sweat and now I can barely touch the ball and all my opponents are playing like pros. I'd say I have maybe 2-4 games per weekend where it actually feels evenly-matched.

Okay between the kit clash (the game says my opponent's kit was yellow) and this penalty I'm out 😂

I got tradeable Blanc from Champs Rewards. Sold for 365k. 2 icons packed in a few days having never packed one in any game ever. Keep them coming please 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Has anyone used Vieira yet? I've two options I can go for:

Vieira

3* 84+ x20 and the Hero Player Pick.

I would pick Vieira every time here.

The Hero Pick is a lottery, there's a lot of duds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah the Hero Pick is secondary. Really the main goal of option 2 is 60* 84+ players. Think I'll take Vieira and the 20* 82+.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i have 8 tokens at the moment, right now i cant see me grinding to 20 if im honest.

are there any of the players worth taking for 8-10 tokens, or anything worth getting at a little over 10?

• Advertisement

Advertisement