Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonald's offers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Coffee and mcmuffin didn't work in Shannon for me yesterday. I'm a broken man.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭feargantae

The same €4 EV code that worked in Carlow a few weeks ago doesn't work now! Had to use the 2 for €13 off the app. €8 vs €13 is some difference but still massively beats the near €20 they are without any offers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

is that how much a medium EV meal is now, almost a tenner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭nhg

Got cheeky tonight…… had a voucher for 9 nuggets for €2 on app so went to counter then gave code for €4 1/4 pounder & fries - the lady said she only had that for €3 - happy days

Post edited by nhg on

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭alanbk

breakfast codes working in Nutgrove. Had to use the code at different kiosks. Would not take the code twice at the same kiosk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭tnegun

€2 mcmuffin didn't work in Mayooth this morning the €4 mcmuffin and hash brown did.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭feargantae

It's 8-something anyway. The codes were a godsend haha

yeah getting stuff for more or less half price was brilliant while it lasted. Sadly it seems to be over apart from the odd chink of light at random branches.

They seem to do a quarter pounder or Big Mac and fries for 4.20 every Monday on the app but I doubt the code for it would work on other days, they seem to have it locked down unless the offer is actually on the app

That code works most of the time - it used to be €3 for that when it was called sandwich & fries, still good value at €4.20. That’s what I got in KK last night for €3 when I went up to the till & gave the €4.20 code.

She gave the option of quarter pounder, Big Mac or chicken burger 🍔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

€3 Coffee and McMuffin code working in McDonalds Westside Galway. Just used it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭StonedRaider

Post edited by StonedRaider on

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭phester28

Tried an official voucher in Ballyphehane Cork today at the Kiosk. It would not accept it. Had to go to the counter and get it scanned. Asked why this is happening and got a "sometimes the Kiosks wont accept any vouchers "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

None of the codes working now shame !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭lau1247

Some still work. Example single McMuffin for 2 euro.

I think the 2 EV meal and 2 happy meal code still work if not mistaken.

It is probably not as great value as it once was.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

The one happy meal and one EV worked at the weekend for me, but price has increased to over 10€.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,042 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Got the €4 offer on App today.

wouldnt work at self service but scanned fine at till

screen grabbed it. It’s got todays date on it but lad didn’t even look at it. Would say I’d be fine to use it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,042 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭con747

It does stop them on mine as well but when you click redeem and click on the code I can screen shoot the code which has worked at the till most of the time.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

No codes working for the €4 meal today in Grafton Street. Best I could get is a EV meal and 6 'free' nuggets for €8 :(

Individual burger codes not working either (to add a drink etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭lau1247

Single McMuffin (plus free bacon) breakfast one is out.

The Pancake for €3 and the Single McMuffin + free coffee for €3 are both still working.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

i always seem to have the same offers on the app , never heard of these codes .is there any way to change the offers i get? would like to have the kids happy meal one and one for a mccrispy if poss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭con747

I usually press redeem on certain offers on the app I never intend using just to get rid of them and see what will replace it after a while. Not sure if it makes any difference though!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Ok so I think I've discovered a bit of a hack to get a Big Mac & Fries for €3.90 or maybe even €3.00. Last two times I've been in I had filled out the survey on the receipt from the previous visit. When you complete the survey the website gives you a 5 digit code which you write on the receipt and then that's your voucher for a €3.90 Big Mac & fries.

Thing is though the staff don't enter the 5 digit code on the till to validate it, they just have a voucher button somewhere on their touchscreen for €3.90. And on my last visit I said at the counter I have a voucher for a Big Mac & fries and he charged me €3 so they clearly have a button for that too.

I don't see any need to fill in the survey, just write a random 5 digit number on your previous receipt and you'll get it for €3.90 and maybe even €3 if they hit the other button. I doubt the receipts with codes on them go to head office to be validated as they're only interested in the results of the surveys. If that is the case we could get good milage out of this one. Would be good if others could give it a try and report back but I reckon there is no system for the staff member to validate the 5 digit code from the survey.

This code has worked at the self service kiosk a few times so far, not as good value as we had became accustomed to unfortunately …..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Did that last week to all of mine bar the breakfast muffin one.

No new offers have appeared since😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

That’s why a second account can be useful.

just on this trick, spoke with a recently quit McDonalds worker yesterday and he confirmed they have no way on the till of validating the 5 digit code on the receipt which then acts as a voucher for a 3.90 Big Mac & Fries. So just write any random 5 numbers on the receipt and it will work

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Big Mac or Quarter Pounder & Fries for €4.20 with code 71766227 working at the self-service machines in my locals (Tralee & Killarney). Code good until at least 31st December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Good to hear about the McMuffin and Coffee. Behind the old €4 EV meal, this is still the best deal, and likely the shop next door will charge €3.00 for only a flat white, without a "free" McMuffin.

Advertisement