Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored by Your License Fee: The Late Late Show Megathread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If you believe certain users are sock puppets, report the posts and let the admins investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

What’s sock puppeting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Single user with multiple accounts apparently. Had to Google it myself a while ago

Ironically the most blatant sock puppet accounts on here usually accuse others of doing so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RetroKing

Hello. Do we have a separate thread? We need Pelvis' opening post and WMM' puppehs.

Ah. Yes. There is one. Good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭RoTelly

How did the other thread go?

I cann't comment because :-

1. most importantly I'd didn't watch it
    2. Think of the children
    3. Think of the money raised!

1 being the only actual reason, the whataboutry of toy show twitter.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I couldnt stomach it either, gave it a wide berth.....had a look in at the toy show thread now and then...i think the general consensus is that Tubridy is a complete narcissist and has ruined the Toy Show through lack of Toys and making it all about himself....

There were the usual Tubridy Acolytes worshipping at the altar of Tubridy......

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I'm struggling to bother my backside any more-no problem with the necessity of moderation per se, but it has paid scant regard to the community here, the slurs which have been levelled at them, and has gifted the biggest thread of the year to an anodyne and humourless contrarian who is, under his or her various handles, the biggest critic of that community.

Someone else can do the OPs from hereon in as far as I'm concerned-much love to the rest of ye.

I was talking about dunphy , I couldn’t give a f** about human rights

Ah Pelvis Parsley :(

I'll just run down a list

Dancing With The Stars will get their debut on tonight's show, not sure if it is the people already announced or different contestants.... I should have read on it is Bliss, Scullion, Brogan and Jackson.

We it won't be panty bliss for Mary Lou McD, as she get a grilling from Tubs himself, well he scares me shitless, can she move on from the political storm that is bruing for her in the CCC?

Vera Pauw will be on to talk about women football, Qutar I am sure will get a mention but not for the football.

Can Tubs recreate  Lenny Henry's times with Gay Byrne back in the day

Toy Show's Saoibh Lonergan, there must be enough former toy show children to come back each week to talk to Tubs the Toy man at this state.

Plus, Andrea Corr will be live in studio to perform It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas from her new release The Christmas Album while Col Patterson makes his Late Late debut performing his critically acclaimed single Bedford Falls.

If done properly could be the biggest TLLS outside of Toy show land, but is it all to late, I won't be watching will you?

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭wetlandsboy

I’d say RTÉ will be lawyered up with the MLM interview in case she sue’s them (again). No questions about the Cabra mansion, Jonathan Dowdell and links to organised crime, or her wealth (despite earning the average industrial wage).

I never watch it...i just come here to complain about it!

Cue the "kindness brigade" telling me im a pale middle aged male loser.....

Poor Dowdell was bullied when he was in SF AFAIR. Is her house a mansion in Cabra? - He'll certainly be tough on her compared to Micheal and Leo. But actually largely soft.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Brooke Scullion listed as a "Eurovision Star" 🤣.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,343 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Maybe a soft[*] interview with Tubs on TLLS is the quid pro quo if MLMD agrees to call off her legal attack dogs?

[*] As if Tubs ever does anything else.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭HBC08

Ryan hates Sinn Fein (and FG)

However he has neither the balls nor the finesse to take on anybody in an interview situation.

Remember when a stumbling bumbling Peter Casey was on?

Tubridy will pull the "does Sinn Fein have blood on their hands" line in a pathetic attempt to look tough....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Mary Lou like her or not will devour him without salt, that's my prediction, a boy on a man's errand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Of any if you are going tonight can you shout out "Woo Hoo" after every segment?

Is there any segment you could honestly say "Woo Hoo" to?

Here's a quote about the Toy show

"I think it has gotten more under the skin of childhood. I think for years it was the Toy Show and now it is the childhood show. Suddenly the toys became a bit boring and the kids became more interesting and they had these wonderful stories. But it has evolved, definitely."

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement

• …..

A god among men.....

We are priviliged (us simple Irish folk) to have Ryan Tubridy as an ambassador and role model for our people.

500k with 4-5 months holidays a year is an absolute bargain to secure the services of such a talented man with impeccable characteristics.....

Truly, a god among men....

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hawley

His cousin is a Sinn Fein TD. The only interest that the likes of Tubridy have is in feathering their own nests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,086 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’ll be out and about tonight, but don’t think I haven’t forgotten…

• A Toyman is born to us. The Angel Gaybo said unto Meeeriam “there will be a saviour born into the Kingdom of Montrose, he will be the son of the Broadcast God, you will carry him without sin”. Pat took it onto himself to be the earthly father before letting Toyman take to delivering speeches in the Temple of Montrose, whilst Joe the Ass providing hot air with his heavy breath to warm the NK stable.

O Come let us adore Him

O Come let us adore Him

O Come let us adore Him

Our great reward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lenny Henry is on TLLS tonight? Is it 1988?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Does this type of diatribe ever get boring?

The late late show is rte's biggest tv earner.

The Tubridy hour on radio is the 3rd biggest radio earner.

Not a cent of license fee is used for either program.

But the haters just can't accept that and continue with their sad diatribe of hatred.

The lls is not my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean I should attack the presenter. The funny thing is that he consistently gets a far higher share of available audience than any chat show - and that includes Norton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You should check out the Tubridy thread in the Radio forum.

Wonder if Lenny Henry will talk about the racist abuse directed at him, and his fellow actors of colour, because there were black hobbits, and dwarves, in the new ‘Lord of the Rings’ tv show?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

• I watched Lenny Henry in a Comedy of Errors, broadcast live from a major London Theatre to cinemas. He was good. Plenty of Black and many other actors in a good production. I enjoy plays, opera etc being broadcast to cinema, more comfortable than being stuck in the theatre, you get a great close-up of stage as well as audience as they take their seats and scratch neck & make themselves interestingly comfortable 😁

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement