Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭swoofer

good, im expeirmenting with that simple one and its quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kavanaa1

Hi all

just got the Zgemma Hs7 this week and so far so good. It came setup with openvix 5.4. i don’t see kodi in the plug-in list and the hdmi cec settings have to be reset each time as the remote loses control of the sound bar and can’t control tv at all (much to figure out!) but first thing I want to do is a software update to openvix 6.0/6.1 but I get an error - problem retrieving update list message. I have a LAN connection into back of box, it is online. So hoping someone can suggest how to perform the software update and then how I can install kodi

thank you !

You are on the wrong track.

What you have to do is go back a few pages in this thread and read. I cant keep repeating myself as it fries my brain. What I want you to do is install a brand new image in a free slot and the version you want is 6.2.011. The poster I helped was same as you BUT I suggest you build image from scratch ie don't restore plugins or settings. The box has 4 partitions so you can have 4 images. When you go to image manager and press yellow it wlll give you options select vix download and click on multi etc When you go to flash it will show you partitions and you must select a free one. More about KODI later

But go back and have a read and if stuck post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 phil49

Anybody know why channel 5,Drama and dave has stopped updating on the epg on this box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Said on a number of forums Ch 5 are having an issue on the freesat but works on the sky Bouquets

Said wrong info at source and hopefully will get fixed

Mentioned by Gerry Wicklow on another thread. Cheers.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/101879330#Comment_101879330

• Advertisement

Thanks for your patience and suggestions. I have updated to the latest image successfully on the back of your help. It's just a matter of getting blue HD skin back now and then KODI! I'm assuming Netflix is not something I can add (wife missed sky Q Netflix UI!)

I have never used Kodi on an Enigma 2 box .

Sometimes you get a few different supported skins in an image and might need changing to your chosen one over a default one.

Netflix is by app so not sure ??

Well done can you make sure epg is held on hdd and if you enable openepg downloader it works good. That skin should be there go to skin selection and see the skins installed. If you like sky look KIDDAC does a nice few , one I use a lot is SLYK 1080-R19 and you may need an add on in skin components with kiddac name. Skins can cause hassle.

Now to get kodi you need to just check box is setup for it so do this hold the power button until a menu appears and then select multi image and that will show you image in use and mode so you need kodi mode and it should be in kodi by default. Exit out and go to plugins and then green for download then extensions and look for kodi ver 20. Its a big file so wait and wait dont interrupt. when finished it will be in plugins or quick press on blue.

But be warned you will need to configure it and my knowledge of KODI is limited. Now if you are an expert on Kodi can you come back and tell me how to configure it?

NETFLIX is done on a box to box basis and from memory its on an octagon sf3008.

Got the blue HD skin back. I've checked and running in KODI mode. Installed the KODI plug-in fine, but it's crashing after 3-4s, sending me from the KODI main menu screen back to the plugin browser. Seems to be a lot of extensions or configuration trying to run in KODI in those couple of secs looking at the pop-ups in the top right, maybe one causes the crash. I don't know how to view logs, or access root despite doing some digging. I have KODI running on a raspberry pi currently so having it on the box would be great and free up my Pi. I can get Netflix app on TV so that's fine if not possible on box.

Have you a laptop or a macbook and do you know about FTP?

Did you do a complete clean install and you dont say where epg is saved!!

Its runs ok for me but I'm not doing much with it yet.

I did say skins can be a bother, go back and select the default skin and then try KODI now bear in mind you have 2 free partitions so could use one of those for KODI.

To access box you need an FTP like filezilla but I use winscp.

Have you enabled logs via menu?

footie now so gone until after 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You can access a terminal using the WEBIF function. Enter the box network address (192.168.xxx.xxx) into any browser on the same network. Among it's many useful tools is the terminal. You can login as root with your user P/W assuming you have a P/W set on the box.

Post edited by Gerry Wicklow on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Just to head-off any potential confusion, Terminal isn't an option in WebIF in Vix, I don't think. Or perhaps it's just disabled by default. It is there in OpenATV, and possibly other images.

The above IS using Vix but you must have a login password set first on the box itself to enable some functions.

Post edited by Gerry Wicklow on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Well now, that's interesting.

I do have a network password set for my box, and I definitely don't get a terminal option in WebIF. This has always been the way for me on Vix. I've only ever seen it on OATV.

There may be some WebIF option I don't have enabled, but I don't recall messing with the defaults.

It's no big deal, I use Putty if I need to use terminal commands. Interesting nonetheless. I'll try to investigate over the next few days and report back.

To clarify I meant a login password on the box. (Too early in the morning for me) Although I would assume you need the password for Putty to access it too. Otherwise it's the default settings on openVix 6.1

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭munsterfan2

Apologies, but I'm a bit confused, with 1 x Saorview tuners I though I could only watch 1 saorview channel at a time but I currently have tg4 recording and playing on vlc and rte2 playing on vlc also. I thought this wasnt possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The picture in picture feature is very handy for these world cup matches

@munsterfan2

RTÉ2 and TG4 are on the same multiplex so a single tuner will work. However RTÉ1 and TG4 would not be possible at the same time.

Hence why it is handy if your tv also has Saorview to view on that if box is recording on another Mux.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Hi guys. I've had the zgemma for about a year. Going pretty well. Thanks to all on this thread. Very helpful. Have just run into a problem with WiFi. Previously I had set up dongle to connect to my hotspot as we didn't have Wi-Fi. No problem. Since got aptus and I wanted to connect to the WiFi . Use it for fire stick and now tv stick. Can't get it to connect. Status says-

access point:not associated.

SS ID: No connection.

Bit rate: False mb/s.

Encryption:Off or wpa2 on.

Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry if I'm missing the blindingly obvious. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I assume you filled in the relevant details for WIFI and not cable lan and would need your network login and password saved.

I always used a cable plug in for lan as unsure if you need to download a wifi dongle from feeds that supports that dongle

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Just want to find out does series link work on the saorview and English channels.

Yes, use autotimer instead of timer.

Thanks @Gerry Wicklow , that does sound familiar now you mention it. BTW, would you know if it is possible to add a second DVB-C / Saorview tuner, USB stick (or PCI) ?

You would need one that is supported by drivers to download first before usb could be used.

Since there are not many channels on Saorview is it worth the extra bucks as i record on box and view on tv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭wassie

BBC is switching all its channels over to Freesat HD by April 2023. SD broadcasts will be switched off.

Digital satellite – Freesat and Sky

Also, by April 2023, we’ll be upgrading all BBC channels to HD on satellite. This means that not only will we be making available the HD versions of BBC One for the English regions, but we’ll have the rest of the BBC’s channels available in HD, including BBC Two Northern Ireland, BBC ALBA, BBC Parliament and the BBC Red Button channel.

At the same time, the red slate on BBC One HD will also be disappearing for all HD satellite viewers and we’ll put the correct versions of BBC One and BBC Two for your region at the top of the Sky and Freesat EPGs for all viewers in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mdonaldo

I have the Zgemma H7S for about 2 years, "Plugin downloads " doesn't work. I want to download Driver dvb-usb-dib0700, is there anyway I can install/download this without Plugins

Its quite possible the image you are using is out of date and to make us update they stop plugins. Adding drivers is tricky and better to use the plugin method. Can you say why you need that driver, I use it for sony play tv. Its a DTT driver.

The Zgemma has a built in DTT tuner.

Say image version as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If two USB sticks use the same driver will the drivers support both or just one ? The RTL2838 drivers don't so you can only use one of that type even if the box recognises more RTL2838's.

Are there drivers ? eg: The XBOX USB TV tuner has a dual tuner and is supported by Kernel 4.16 but I haven't been able to get all the drivers for a 4.11 Kernel on MIPS.

On that subject can someone please let me know which kernel the H7s uses ?

uname -a

Linux osmini 4.11.0 #1 SMP Fri May 21 17:26:29 UTC 2021 mips GNU/Linux

• Advertisement

uname -a

Linux zgemmah7 4.10.12 #1 SMP Wed Apr 26 13:58:00 UTC 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Advertisement