Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

Strange, but in www2, Russian women fought side by side with their menfolk,, but not much about it this time around? At least not in the frontlines anyway.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Markcheese

This is some of the weirdest ,most up lifting and scary stuff on you tube ,

The guy is I think working for a charity on the front line , the girl is Ukraine military his translator / minder / fixer ,

And they're basically driving back and forth along the front line, delivering supplies and evacuating grannies ,day in day out ,

There's a piece where he talks about some village , and says everybody from there is dead.. so matter of fact ...just nuts..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭zv2

A lot of them seem to be snipers so they'd be a bit back from the front lines.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

From Tendar tweet:

It looks increasingly like that the Battle of Kherson inflicted far more Russian losses then known. The cities of Oleshky and Hola Prystan are defended by a skeleton army and now the Russian occupation announced "evacuation" orders for civilians in Nova Kakhovka. #Kherson

Another evacuation order, another goodwill retreat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

That’s literally what my point was about the Vietnam war. If things changed in Russia for the better there wouldn’t be as much chronic alcoholism like there was chronic heroine abuse in the Vietnam war but not when American soldiers got back. Not sure why you are arguing with a point I actually made that you now are making yourself ! 😂

Well, I have one or two Swiss friends since many years ago, and it used to be that if you married a Swiss person, then after 10 years, you had the right to apply for citizenship, and at that time, your request was publicized in the Canton you were living in and if no objections, then you got your citizenship. But even after that, if you divorced, I think you forfeited it. May and probably has all being changed by now, I'm not sure. But this reminds me of the TV program, Billions, when Bobby Axelrod had come to the end of the line (for now anyway) and he is smuggled to Switzerland to avoid jail in the US. When the plane lands in Switzerland, Bobby is met on the tarmac by 3 officials, one of whom hands Bobby a passport. Then the 2nd official asks Bobby for his passport, and Bobby duly hands over the passport he has just received from official Nr 1, after a cursory glance and leaf through the document, official Nr 2 declares " All is in Order" and hands it to official Nr 3, who duly stamps Bobbys brand new passport with the word's " Welcome to Switzerland Mr Axelrod.

Maybe Putins passport and citizenship were handled the same way??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Interview with Lindybeige, describes the attack on the Yavoriv International centre in March and proceeds from there to tell his story.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

of course they will. Common, this is the same Switzerland that was once so happy to oblidge Nazis. This time will be no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Explosive terror: what is known about letters with explosives that arrived at Ukrainian and international institutions in Spain

On November 30, a letter with explosives was sent to the building of the Ukrainian embassy in Madrid, which caused an explosion in the building. One person was injured.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine ordered to urgently strengthen security measures in all diplomatic institutions of our country abroad.

Now the embassy is working normally.

Later it became known that yesterday the same letter was received by the local company Instalaza, which produces weapons that are supplied, in particular, to Ukraine.

On December 1, a letter with explosives also arrived at the Spanish air base in Torrejon de Ardos near Madrid and at the US Embassy in Madrid. Law enforcement officers are currently on the scene.

The Ministry of Internal Affairs also reported that the office of the Prime Minister of Spain also received a similar letter with explosives on November 24.

A lot more going on relevant to that Ukrainian embassy letter bomb in Spain than it first appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

That was brilliant, fascinating listening to his story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

You call that "coming to the table? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Field east

The Putin in that post when you open it up , IMO, very much looks like one of those Putinlike standings. He looks very puffed up

Are these conscripts Tartars mainly. Was Crimea well populated with Tartrs at one stage only to be outed , through various means , by the Russian Federation. I do’nt think that the Tartars had any problem in living amongst the Ukr. If all of the above is true, then no wonder they all walked ‘off the job’

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Likely propaganda. This is the original source for the story. It has posted a lot of dubious stuff before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

In news that has actually happened, Ukraine may have cut the strategically important P66 highway in Luhansk.

The Russian positions in the north of Luhansk don't look very defensible to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It does read like a piece of fan fiction, I'm sure much worse has happened in private to many politicians as they get older or have an accident.

• Advertisement

I didn't say the artillery was 'breaking', that was a journalist for the NYT. In fact, it was the headline: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/25/us/ukraine-artillery-breakdown.html

I am someone who's been repairing their own cars since the late 70's, so I do understand what maintainance is. When I'm sitting on a stool, crouched over an engine block, carefully threading the con-rod of a piston down the newly honed bore, trying not to scratch it, and then carefully compressing the cast iron oil scraper ring, being careful as that material doesn't like bending and is prone to snapping, so I can get it and the piston down the bore, I am fully aware I won't be driving the car to work that day, or a few to follow.

Part of the point I am trying to make is that I believe we armchair generals have read so many stories about weapons and stuff being supplied to Ukraine that we have perhaps formed a mistaken overall picture that the Ukrainians are well equipped, when the actuality is that they aren't, compared to the size of the problem, so with a third of all those goodies offline at any one time for maintainance, it's even worse. I was trying to highlight something I thought might have been missed by some who don't know what brake fluid or glycol tastes like.

One of the Ukraine millitary Telegram channels I view has these occasional little pieces where they go ecstatic with thanks when someone donates a well used car to them, to enable a squad to better get about in. That's how short on gear they really are when a used car as a frontline troop transport is a big deal to make a suitably sized fuss over.

Do you mean the Orcs not making a fuss or the Ukrainians? Because the latter have made a big fuss about it. I haven't seen any indication the Orcs have any women in combat, whatsoever.

Argueing??? Nope. Just stating a well-known fact, that in any situation, change the circumstances and conditions, and you change the outcome. But that does not necessarily mean that the changes will be beneficial. But as you mention Vietnam, some facts for you (and a preview of what's coming to Russia, curtesy of the war in Ukraine) Up to 2008, between 8-9'000 ex-Vietnam soldiers committed suicide after coming home. 38% got divorced within 6 mths of returning. 75'000 were severely disabled. 23'000 were totally disabled. 271'000 suffered from PTSD. Drug use dropped to "Normal" peer group levels. It did not stop. The above figures may well be higher by now. And they all had knock-on effects, so like ripples ina pond, the negative effects spread far and wide.

Now all of the above upheaval and disorder happened in a modern "Civilized" society, which was capable of containing / controlling it. Even so, it caused major damage to society. Russia is quite the opposite of America, where you have some kind of democracy. Russia is a mafia state. And we have already seen the contempt Putin holds the Russian people in. He is beyond contempt.

More than likely, especially if the request was accompanied by a billion or two lodgment in the opening account. The Swiss are very accommodating under the right conditions.. Personally, I'd say that I'd have to marry one, and wait out the 10 years.

Not a question of "Fuss" as such cnockbui. In ww2, Russian women fought alongside the men (if you have seen "Enemy at the Gate" you will know what I mean) but in Ukraine, I have not seen or heard of any Russian women fighting on the front lines, there's one or two vid showing them at the bases OK, but on the Ukrainian side, the women are on the front lines fighting, predominantly snipers.

Came across a link to a detailed article about Orc spy netwoks and operatives in Europe. It's in Ukrainian:

https://war.obozrevatel.com/ukr/vijskovij-rozvidtsi-rf-zavdali-potuzhnogo-udaru-sotni-shpiguniv-iz-gru-rozkrito-v-evropi.htm

And in 2021, a GRU employee arrived in Norway at the University of Tromso, in particular to study "hybrid threats". And in Vilnius, he participated in a training on the "hybrid war". In addition, they discussed a very relevant topic on how to react in case of sabotage on the Nord Stream gas pipeline.

What a coincidence.

You can edit a post within 24hrs by clicking on the three dots on the far right of the header bar for your post.

Tks for that. You learn something everyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I suspect the issue is that the Putin regime is not officially at war with Ukraine and therefore cannot legally send women soldiers into battle. Even now, it is still claiming to be carrying out no more than a "special military operation" in Ukraine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement