Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The crowd went absolutely nuts for her. Great to see her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good to see her back. And her front. 😋

But was wondering before she was announced, while we've had plenty of turns during the match, have we ever had one the show before? Like if Bianca had said "Our fifth member is... Iyo" which would then leave Bayley having to find a member before the match.

And even though Becky went after Bayley, it looks like the Bayley/Bianca feud will continue with Becky feuding with Rhea.

Maybe I'm just not up on my Viking mythology, but I'm pretty sure Valhalla is just a place and not a goddess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Yip Valhalla is Norse afterlife essentially FFS she's a pointless character as she was in the riot squad

Delighted we have 'the man ' back and not big time Becks. She's still the biggest female star on that roster and the crowd reaction proved that.

I'd like for Raquel to be the one to dethrone Ronda eventually ,build her back up to be the next powerhouse she was

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

We need Becky and Ronda at Mania one on one first though imo, they've slept on it too long now

Becky was confusing the Americans again with her interview for WWE social media. "Me shoulder is still banjaxed".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Becks ever teamed with Finn or Sheamus?

Meant to say, I noticed when team Bianca were waiting for Becky, there was a guy behind them in a Hook t-shirt. But later on he was wearing a Bloodline t-shirt. Wonder if he went and bought one or was it given to him to wear instead of the Hook one.

Sheamus vs. Sami tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Good for Ricochet, he is definitely in need of something worthwhile and probably needs a bit of a rebuild in general. That match was class too.

Tegan Nox is great so glad she's back but at the same time, the return run-in angles have run their course, a package or promo could have been better. I don't even know who else there is to bring back but I think it's enough already. Damage Ctrl being beaten 3 to 2 sort of highlighted to me how they haven't done much worth remembering which is a shame. For the love of God, are they repackaging Lacey Evans again back into the marine. Just bring her back as the Southern Belle and be done with it. Women's division is just in a weird spot at the moment.

Matches in general were all good though, I'm hoping for some Bray pay-off soon as the rambling backstage stuff is getting a bit tedious. Other than those gripes, a pretty decent Smackdown.

Happy for Tegan Nox, she's always come across as a really nice person in interviews etc and she's had a lot of bad luck. That said, the run in didn't exactly pop the crowd. I expect most didn't remember her.

• Advertisement

I think if anything they put Tegan Nox on the wrong side,they should have added her to damage ctrl so somewhat try and restore them as a force. granted they have the tag titles but any match as a group or singles they are losing

Only other definite women's return mooted is Chelsea green and rumours now of potentially Donna purazzo. they teamed in impact so could offer something in the tag division

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

She has an awful run of injuries and I don’t think she got a fair shot, so hopefully now if she stays healthy under a HHH regime she’ll get a good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It was the wrong way to bring her back. You could sense the collective "Huh?" from the crowd. If you're gonna do a return with a run-in, they need to be a big star to pop the crowd.

I think they should've added an element of realism to the return. Have HHH or some authority figure see her potential but are hesitant with her injury history. Then she proves them wrong after she runs through a handful of jobbers over a few weeks.

Might've made more sense if she came out to help Shotzi since they were partners. Thought she might've had trouble getting back up with the massive holes in the jeans.

So now they're approaching the Lacey as a marine thing from a different angle. If going that route, why not have her interact with The Mix at some point about his Marine portrayal.

Kurt Angle birthday celebrations tonight

I'm guessing next week is Sammys last week with the bloodline

Good to see Kurt's son turn up. Was worried for Kurt that the power from the hose would be too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going too be a bit of an emotional one. Isn't turning on him a bit obvious ?

Gable Stevenson is still around, he was in Cardiff back in September for some reason. Maybe he was been used in practice spots or something. Maybe Angle will be his manager leading to a match between the 2 down the line

Is Cena coming back to announce his retirement

Will Sami before a full Uce Uso in style or be kicked out, turned on by The Bloodline as Reigns and Heyman are back

Wow that was so unexpected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Gotta hand it to Cena, he can make that cheesy nonsense work well, any time he's back is a joy nowadays.

Speaking of nonsense, Bray Wyatt. That Uncle Howdy stuff went far too long with the laughing and ruined any chance of it working. I'm still interested to see where it goes if it is a stable but slightly worried it will ruin LA Knight who has been fantastic since the change in management and is a definite star without spooky stuff.

Show in general was good, decent enough matches. Not sure what the Xia Li stuff is about, seems a pointless addition.

Was wondering what you were on about Xia so looked it up and saw she was revealed in a digital exclusive to be the person in the hoodie.

Was feeling sorry for Sami when saw the look on his face after Reigns said it was going to be a good night until a short while ago.

Top Dolla, the greatest high flyer of our time.

I never realised until New Day said it on NXT, but the Raw and SD tag titles don't have side plates.

So who's Uncle Howdy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How the fùck does no-one just say "No." to Wyatt's awful ideas?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

LA Knight is prob the best on the mic in the company at the moment, he's so good. Shame he's going to get dragged down with this Uncle Howdy nonsense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If Howdy had walked out, established he’s entirely separate to Bray and then QUICKLY cut to break, it would have been fine. But it kept the shot active way too long, which made the piped in laughs too obviously fake, and everyone just came across really wooden.

Yeah it was like he kept missing the cues. The laughing would start and a second later he would start acting like it was him laughing.

I'd be surprised if anyone there could see what was going on anyway with all the smoke.

I wouldn't put it past them to make 'Bray' be 'Uncle Howdy' and its all a character changing bollocks

Reigns broke character laughing at Cena Claus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Another Smackdown another excellent Bloodline segment. That camera zoom in on Reigns hugging Sami reminded me of the Godfather. You just know the family are turning on him.

Advertisement