Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I worked for BG many many moons ago as a pricing analyst. I generally tried to avoid them for that reason (lol) but often times they were the cheapest rates. Not anymore, and especially given their treatment of FIT payments I wont be going back.

The only two things I need from a supplier are a good night rate with 9 hours of low rate, and CEG/FIT paid as a line item on each bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Any idea how to calculate the deemed FIT?

I see 300kwh fit on my latest bill, 7kwp with 6kw inverter and joined energia since August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

something like this for 5kw inverter

MEC x Capacity Factor x Export Factor x Provision Interval

5.0kWp x 0.097 x 0.35 x 8760HRS = 1471 kWh

1471 x 0.1967 = ~€290 deemed export CEG (Energia rate)

modify HRS based on when you NC6 was lodged

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

For a 6kWp inverter it will be 1784kWh for the full year and that is more or less spread evenly across the year so work it out from there yourself for your bill.

300kWh for a 2 month billing period is fairly accurate.

Yes except I got two bills since August and they only added 290ish kwh instead of double that. So will need to follow up.

• Advertisement

I see 300kwh fit on my latest bill

You said above that you got 290kWh on your latest bill. That sounds correct.

Why do you think it should be double that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Left bord gais in June after exporting 1200 units to them since Feb 15th for fit. Since I left them I have been paid accurately on every monthly bill since August without issues with my new provider.

Spent the last 4 months chasing bord gais for the 200 euro they owe me and have got every answer from it will be paid in march to their stance now that they are not responsible for anything as your new provider will backdate what they owe. They are fairly adamant on this "fact" and after talking to complaints now also they are saying as they only released terms for exporting that you had to agree to in October they cannot give payment as I was not a costumer then. Even though law is that they have to pay since February.

Told them I may return some day as a customer and not pay my bill for seven months and when I leave inform them that they didn't sign my terms which I didn't inform them of and so I am not required to pay them.

Contacted cru who are fairly inept with a complaint and they responded with bord gais have advised them that all customers will be paid irregardless of when they left. Logged an official complaint again with bord gais attaching both this from the cru and copy of the microgeneration legislation and payment directives. At this point it's feck all about the money and more about ensuring bord gais don't get away with withholding customers funds in such an underhand way.

Customer support is like night and day when compared with pinergy who I couldn't praise highly enough for how they deal with issues no matter how minor they are. Never again will I even contemplate looking at a bord gais offer even if they offered free electricity at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

Has anyone completed the NC6 form themselves? my installer is really dragging their heels even though my panels were installed over 4 years ago.

Not sure if there is anyone I can complain to?

I had two bills since August not 1, so 1800 / 300 = 6 bills?

A bill is usually for 2 months so 290 units for 2 months looks about right to me.

• Advertisement

Yes but I had one bill from them with 0 FIT and one with 300kwh.

The bill I just got should have had 600kwh to cover FIT for the first one (Aug-Sept)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭AntonP

Agree with that. I got my FIT paid and didn’t have to do nothing. (New install october)

price for FIT comparisons can be found on this site.

now we just want energia to up that FIT a bit and don’t leave it so low compared to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

December bill arrived from SSE. No FIT, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭curioustony

Last EI bill of the year in. No FIT.

Has anybody received FIT from EI?

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

1174kw CEG paid by Energia on latest bill. so in fairness I did something very usual, I sent them a compliment!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I never thought I'd be waiting on a bill 😂

Sent in the (requested) meter reading a week ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I done my own last year, even got paid the deemed FIT for a period before I was actually connected.

But I think the NC6 form may have changed slightly since then. I filled mine out in full, didn't need an electrician to sign. I just put his details on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭paulbok

that should cover standing charges and ~vat for most bills* even on the lower end of FIT rates.

The 1784kWh works out at €250 for the year based on EI's massively generous 14c. Still a few weeks to go in this year and didn't start till the 8th of Jan, but reasonably confident on my actual export on a 6kWh inverter to be worth €230 for 2022. So better off on deemed as long as I can .

* Yes I know some pay lower standing charges than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Sort of the same story with SSE when I left them in Sept Chris. They wanted me to get a smart meter in NOW (when I'm with Energia) before they would pay me the deemed export that i was due while with them. It's sort of blackmailing me to get a smart meter in .... if I want to get paid. They know I won't of course but it's very underhand of them. I expected (naively) better from them.

It seems a lot of the BS around FiT is ill informed support staff. You get varying answers depending on who you get on the phone and since it’s a new thing there is confusion.

My advice is simple, If you don’t get the response you expect open a formal complaint rather than wasting time on the phone with random support staff who havent a clue.

The complaints tend to go to more experienced people.

Once you go through the complaint process and get a ref number you are then entitled to open a complaint with the CRU so that tends to focus their minds. 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

Yeah, ill informed support staff can be an issue for many companies. Not just energy companies. A lot of these call centers are sub-contracted out to 3rd parties. So they only know what they got trained on, or what someone told them which might be over a coffee. For something that is changing (like FIT), it can leave knowledge gaps of course.

As you say, the more experienced staff will be in other parts, maybe like the complaints department. At the moment solar customers are a tiny % of their business. They need to train their staff on FIT. And complaints will help speed that up you’d expect - as they realise it’s best to close down the complaints with needed training.

I’d guess a lot of new builds that came with a few solar panels may never even of had the NC6 submitted. So those homes aren’t even registered as micro generation. That’s just a hunch based on some of the stories I’ve read here. And even some legit installers doing paid solar installs never submitted the NC6 forms – we’ve seen that mentioned a few times here. Meaning that actual solar numbers are higher than the amount registered by the ESB, who then pass that info to the energy companies. 

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just got my FIT from energia, also got the Gov €200 so a negative bill in the month despite 1,472kWh usage in the billing period. Energia are 6 days short on their FIT but I'm arsed if I'm following up on that

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Been chasing up the most recent bill from Energia after submitting the meter readings on the 24th.

They have problems applying the FIT so it won't appear this month but should be on the bill come Jan.

Energia are 6 days short on their FIT but I'm arsed if I'm following up on that

I sent them a question on this a few weeks ago as they left me ever so slightly short and Unkel also.

So, based on their response they dont actually have any insight into the breakdown of the deemed export data. They get a figure passed to them from ESB Networks and they simply slap that on your bill. They dont know how many days it is for or how it was calculated. They simply get a kWh figure.

So, it depends on when they get that value from ESB Networks and when they generate your bill and there could be a few days of a gap.

I think over the course of the year it will level out, so they left you 6 days short this period but those 6 days will be in the next billing period and so on. You will get your money just that the number of days included wont always match the dates/days listed on the invoice or the number of days of standing charge. Separate systems.

I'll still be watching the next few bills to see what happens mind!

Still waiting on the bill from end of Nov.. although the longer it is, the longer I don't have to pay it.. although I dare say with fit and gov credit it will be negative

Yeah, fair chance of negative bills and mine was based on my initial 5kW inverter that I soon replaced with a 6kW inverter so I'm doing up a new NC6 to get that extra 20% payment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭paulbok

With negative bills, is there a danger of getting hit with a low usage charge?

No, the negative bill is not related to usage, I had 1.5MW usage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm €80 in credit from last time. Expecting a much bigger bill this time but aren't we due another €200 credit in January? Probably be in before my next bill.

• Advertisement

There's no low use charge anymore, and that was only with electric Ireland.

No fit on my Energia bill, (I did get the email saying I'm a microgenerator so nc6 is ok)

Advertisement