Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid to attend a discussion group

Options
  • 03-12-2022 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Is there going to be another discussion group that we can attend and get paid to attend - any word on one?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I haven’t seen anything about KT groups in the new CAP but I stand to be corrected

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭893bet

There is the Aets training groups this year. 158 for a single attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

just looked there seems to be 750 euro per year again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭orchard farm

There is going to be one in the new cap alright probably 3 year duration like before,but with all the other schemes starting in January i doubt it’ll be up and running till 2024.first I heard 750 per year now I hear 1200 per year.either way it’s good news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

I googled the new schemes and found an article with all the details of the scheme which said there be a new discussion group payment - can't find it now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭alps

I struggle with the concept. I can't imagine that being in a group of people who are only there for the money can be of any benefit other than social. The time lost alone adhering to the requirements of the scheme negate any financial gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Definitely any discussion groups i was in deteriorated after payment was introduced, original groups got split up and those that were in those original groups were put with those that were only in it for the money. It was the beginning of the end of some good groups.

Other things contributed too, our group used to meet in the evenings but teagasc wouldn't tolerate that and when it changed to midday it finished the parttime farmers coming

Advertisement