Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police cert for the UK

Options
  • 04-12-2022 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I need a police certificate for a job in the nhs but have been rejected by both the Garda and the vetting unit. They had told me that the police cert is for visa purposes only and the Garda vetting is only for registered organisations in Ireland. Was told to get a subject access form but I’m scared my employer won’t accept it. Has anyone dealt with this before? And if so did they anyone working in the nhs or in the uk’s employer accept the data access form as proof of police clearance?

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

My daughter went through the same problem recently. She got sorted. I’ll get details tomorrow for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Garda vetting is only for employment within Ireland.

NHS won’t proceed without a Garda issued Police Certificate.

Phone your Districts Superintendents office. Be persistent, they will say a Police Certificate is only for visas.

copy of my form here (It is specific to Leixlip District) https://www.evernote.com/shard/s312/sh/6be53b2d-0717-4cca-9c21-a8745e30bbe2/f8ecf2813728ec04016f0e0d085d1b5a

UK Home Office guidance (basically supports the position that you need a Police Certificate). https://www.evernote.com/shard/s312/sh/8281e0b8-b28b-4e49-abab-5adb1776e503/50510fefe4fff21102973a23bd593379

• Registered Users Posts: 6 naldaba

Have spoken to the district superintendent multiple times only to get rejected each time. I’ve told them about the citizens website that states I can get it for a job abroad but they were adamant on not issuing it.

Also spoke to some TD’s but they just suggested going for the subject access form.

Were you given the Leixlip form by your district office?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

My wife tells me website is vetting.Garda.ie and email is vetting@garda.ie . Phone number 0818 488488. You may have to get someone in Ireland to call the number as I’m not sure if 0818 numbers can be called from abroad. My daughter was told that after she completed the form they’d get back to her within 30 days but she’s still waiting. Try it and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Yes, I was already in the UK at the time and had been offered a job. A Garda staff member of the superintendents office emailed it. Now they did drag their feet before I got that much from them. Print off the relevant section of the Home Office guideline. Write a registered letter to the Superintendents Office enclosing the relevant section. Keep a copy of what you send. Keep a diary. Follow up with a phone call. Then take it to the next level. Do you already have a job offer?

• Advertisement

Yes I have a job offer, everything has been sorted except for the Irish police certificate and my employers are getting tired of waiting for it.

Although I haven’t sent them anything regarding the home office, I’ve talked to them about hse staff getting police certificates if they’re from abroad. And asked them why Ireland couldn’t do the same for citizens leaving the country. I’ve sent them emails of information from the hse, citizen information and from my employment asking for this. However, they just kept saying the same thing about how it’s for visa purposes only.

I don’t know how to take it to the next level as you said as at this point I don’t who else to contact. Every time I’ve spoken to the superintendent office each time I’ve just been brushed off to another person and seeing as they didn’t take into account the past information I’ve sent them, I don’t know if they’ll budge with the home office advice

Thanks for replying, however I’ve spoken to the Garda vetting and they only do vetting for organisations in Ireland and I’m trying to go to the UK so I don’t think I can do this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

There's another thread on this topic here https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057898826/dbs-vetting-check-in-the-uk-police-cert-here

It looks like the Subject Access F20 form is in fact what you need, but maybe you can find out here how others got on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mlhshing

Hi, just wondering if you got sorted? I’m currently in this situation 🥴 hopefully you had a good outcome🤞🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 avrilmurray

hi I’m also going through a similar situation did you get sorted ?

I had to get a subject access F20 form in the end. I wasn’t able to get the police certificate and the gardai were no help. I ended up telling work it was the only vetting process I was able to get

Advertisement