Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Was anyone using the AC on the same unit when you only got 25kW? Even without pre-conditioniny, you should be seeing at least 35+kW on one of those 50kW ESB units with 50% SOC & a cold battery..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

Hi Andy. No one else charging on both occasions. Also it was the HP 150kw charger. There is a 50kw unit beside it but didn't test that one. I didn't want to disconnect with the one I was on and reconnect with the other cause I'm to tight to pay the connection fee twice 😂

@AndyBoBandy there isn't a setting that I could have inadvertently adjusted in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

There isn't any user settings for DC fast charging. Charging speed is agreed upon between the car and the charger.

It might be worth checking out a different charger, preferably a supercharger, to see if you still get low speeds.

was it Kilcullen by any chance? as that 150kW unit is very tempramental....

• Advertisement

No not kilcullen it's kells. I have used a super charger as recently as Tuesday and got 150 at peak dropping to about 85kw. I'm just heading back from airport now so will try again but on a low SoC this time.

Same sh1te again with that ESB charger in Kells. Limited to 25kw even though SoC was at 25% when I plugged in. I moved it to the older 50kw fast charger next to it and was able to pull 45kw so it doesn't seem to be my car. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I had the same sort of issue when I picked up mine in Sep. Only it was the M1/M50 charger I tried (iirc) and I was limited to about half the 50kW. I've only charged on a fast charger a couple of times and it hasn't happened since the first week. Used a Tesla SuC at Applegreen on the way to NI and I pulled well over 100kW. Funny, the single ESB station had a Kona charging and a Leaf and Corsa waiting. Mine was the only Tesla at the 8 Tesla stalls 🤣.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Not a documented change , but the auto main breams are way way better with 2022.40.4. Drove for 3 hours yesterday and didn't need to override once.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Seems to be the word worldwide with similar comments here, and the US groups.

• Advertisement

Auto wipers are gone to absolute pot……….

they’ve never been this bad in over 2 years….

Added today.

Also added rear mud guards. Left the original fronts on.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Whilst the auto lights have improved to the point where I use them and are 100 times better than before they still need to improve.

The high beam comes on in well lit areas and probably shouldn’t come on at all below 50/60kph. They are also pretty slow to go to high beam after passing an on coming car.

The wipers are infuriating tbh. I really hope they can be improved massively as it’s the worst thing about the car imo.

I wonder is it to do with the move to Vision?

the wipers were always vision based (and never this bad), so now with vision/cameras doing all the work for AutoPilot, I wonder have the wipers taken the hit in terms of computing power allocated..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Agreed, wipers worse now than ever before. Did a 5hr each way trip only a few weeks ago with a mixture of all weather's, sunshine, dark and wipers were grand. No issues. One update later and they're way worse. Lights are better now though

my car never got affected with the auto headlights….. after that big update, Auto high beams came on once, and I turned it off, and it’s never come on again despite using autopilot hundreds of times and having at lease 2-3 subsequent updates.. so I must have glitched the matrix!!

But with the auto wipers, and needing them on auto to use AutoPilot, yeah I’ve unfortunately been lumped with that, and I can see it being an utter disaster here in Ireland where we get more types of rain than there are species of fish!!!

I love Autopilot/Cruise Control, and use it about 99.99% of the time I’m on any motorway/dual carriageway, and probably about 60-70% of the time on most other roads…. So I hope Tesla will reimburse me for wiper blades when they get worn out Ona. Dry windscreen….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Went to add mudflaps today, front ones are held on with a bolt underneath, appears to be a 10 and hard to get to. Anyone been able to remove the stock flaps able to confirm?

Also, the clip that holds the top of the flaps on, I couldn't get it to clip, do I just need a bit more force?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Data module for centre console, I’d like it but not at this price…

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003890995184.html

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Should be easy and removable without any hassle. I took mine straight off the minute i got home.

Its a 10, yes. The rear flaps were a pain to install for me. The bolt aligned easily and the clip section needed a little force to slot into place, but it was a nightmare aligning the hole for the expanding clip.

I may swap out the original fronts, but right now, I see no need.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I might need a socket to grip it, have a ring spanner and it's not aligning correctly on the front , probably too big to get in far enough to grip the nut

With the rumors of an M3 refresh coming in 2013 here’s a pic of a camouflaged M3 with what appears to be cameras in the front headlight.

M3 Refresh? But I just bought mine 🤣

Probably not a bad idea.....see too many M3s around the place

Stay Free

Could be nothing. Could be just a mark or sticky pod on the camo cover.

WRT refresh, yes runoured for 2023. It’s 5 years then since it was launched (2018 in the US) so around about the time Tesla do it.

MS got it in 2016 following release in 2012. And again in 2021.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Rumors are Elon is ticked about the refresh, if so a refresh is a cert. Tesla refreshes are modest to date so not expecting big changes. There have been so many updates since launch already.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Still see very few in Wexford/Waterford area.

At least still get (And give) a wave..☺️

I prefer the ongoing refresh' they do, rather tan big changes. Like the 2022 model having chrome delete, no piano black console and an overhaul of the console design in general. Not to mention the power tail lift 😊.

Model S old to new bumper was a big difference and a welcome one at that.

Stay Free

I’d be happy with no exterior changes.

Maybe powered frunk.

Id like the stalkless wheel but not the yolk.

Id like the haptic switches.

Privacy glass should be standard now like the Y.

Sequential indicator lights maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm having serious trouble with the car reducing my speed. Today I was sitting in traffic and it beeped that the speed was limited to 89kmh. I went on to join the m50 and when I put my foot down to accelerate on the slip road it reduced it again to 74kmh. Cars were bombing past me. I felt like I was driving a hearse.

Just there I went to collect my daughter at her friends and it limited me to 99. When I arrived at the house it was at 96.

The ranger performed a full software and diagnostic update and it didn't work. I brought it back to Tesla and they kept it for 24 hours but couldn't find a fault. They "think" they might know the problem and have ordered a replacement part but there is no sign of it yet. Disappointed to say the least.

• Advertisement

That’s really disappointing. Has anyone else had this issue? Google throw up anything?

Advertisement