Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Gas/Electric bill/ TV/broadband bill?

Options
  • 27-08-2022 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread! Just wondering what is your set up and how much it costs. For me:

electric Ireland- billed every 2 months - usually around €220. 3 bed semi D

Fuel - use oil - usually spend €1100-€1,500 over winter months

broadband - Eir fibre €35 per month

TV - channels use FTA satellite and use Netflix from Turkey about €4.60 per month for 4 screens.

mobile - Eir unlimited calls/texts & data €20 per 28 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Gas/electric: Locked at 140 per month for both on the level pay plan. Regardless of the actual bill, that's what I pay. It's looked at annually depending on how much usage there was.

Although this means paying more for gas in the summer months, It means never having to worry about a large bill in winter and by the time autumn rolls around there's several hundred quid in credit on the account.

Given the months ahead and the cost increases, I would really suggest people look into this with their suppliers.

Broadband : 50 a month. 1GB fibre

TV: About 15 quid a month, split between Amazon Prime (which I use mostly for the shipping), a Disney family plan with friends, and iptv.

Mobile: 9.99 unlimited gomo plan. Perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Excellent thread idea OP. Working out my electricity and oil charges later. Will post when done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Never heard of level pay - I will definitely look into this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Notmything

Electricity approx €220 every two months Bord Gais

Broadband €25 a month for 1 Gig with Vodafone

TV €9 for Disney, no TV, no other services.

Phone €15 with post mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

All values are per month

Electricity (Energia): €150

Gas (Electric Ire): €80

BB/TV/Phone: €75

NowTV: €45

Prime: €8

Mobile (GoMo): €10

Total: €368 p/m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I got a deal with flogas fixed for 2 years includes cash back of 220 it will work out 153 more expensive that current deal, phone is a 15 a month deal. I check everything and look for deals if they ard available.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Electric

€30 for June.

€33 for July.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Wow. I feel I pay that a week! Panels or air to water?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

As a rural user with a day/night meter my standing charge is more than that per month with EI. Current standing charge is €40.30 pm incl VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, installed a 4.7 kw array with 5.2 kWh battery and Eddie hot water divertor in 2017 for €3900.

Its more than paid for itself already.

FIT refund this year will add a couple of hundred to my account but since then I’m consistently €600 in credit with EI and €300 in credit with EI Gas.

I’m on the standard tarrif. No night meter etc

Standing charges for July was €20.51

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Great thread idea:-—Electricity with SSE Airtricity - approx €230 bi monthly

Fuel- use stove - timber from local trees so costs nothing (farmers gift it in exchange for help odd Saturday)

Broadband/Landline €55 Eir - need to look at reducing this

TV - use FTA dish, Disney yearly pass €70, now tv usually over Xmas , Netflix free as use brothers and he used my Disney

phone - €10 pm on GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

4 bed house

Energia electricity per month about 130 to 150 - oven is electric

Gas on to heat water 2 timeclock clicks over the day is about 50 a month

I know someone who may/maynot have made a mistake on the customer provided gas reads. Accidentally paid for to much gas previously (before price rocketed.)

Mobiles in house, all 9,99 gomo - superb set up

virgin media. 109 a month but negotiated half price for 6 months so 55 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Shauna677

5 bed house - well insulated

Electricity - 160 euro bi-monthly - electric oven though using the air fryer more and more.

Gas - recent bill was 69 euro, Combi Boiler - used for just for hot water and showers. this will probably treble over winter months with heating / price rises etc.

purchased a Ton of coal for the stove recently - approx 700 euro

2 mobiles on the 9.99 GO MO deal

Just have mobile broadband 30.00 a month with Three, though thinking of getting the fiber broadband installed now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My electric usage is currently averaging out at @ 310kw/h per month. At the new Electric Ireland rate that's about €110 per month. My year to date usage is 2910kw/h/ €1211

My heating and hot water is gas. Luckily I installed a new boiler in 2019 and it is v.efficient. From April to October my heating doesn't really run. My year to date usage is 4291kw/h/ €376.57

The house itself is a 1980's 3bed semi-D, with 3 occupants, total habital space inc. outbuilding is @ 120sq mtrs. The figures put in to a BER estimator give me an estimated BER of 85kw/h per SQ mtr 😮 which is surprising, esp given the age of the house.

I have over the course of owning it installed cavity wall insulation, attic insulation & triple glazing, condensing gas boiler and have fairly new appliances all A-rated inc, fridge, hob and heat pump dryer, along with all my lighting being LED and wifi managed. I also have an outbuilding with freezer and other appliances out there.

Our mobiles are all with GoMo on the €9.99plan.

Our broadband is with pure telecom €40 per month.

For TV, I have a Freesat & foreign multisat setup that is up and running for me since 2011. I mainly use IPTV tho and that costs me €60 for the year and I am quite a prolific pirate with a good home media setup. Kodi and Real de-brid is the way.

There's not much more I can currently do to improve or better manage our power use. I am considering Solar and will get around to it eventually. I'm currently cognisant of other issues that are pushing any home improvement work down my list of priorities.

Facing into this current inflation & energy crisis whilst I'm a young pensioner(medically retired), my wife is battling cancer and our son is entering Uni? It's not going to be easy, but? So many folk are going to have it far, far harder in the year to come. Its going to be a rough winter for far too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Phone; E15 lasts 2 months

Gas; a bottle lasts 3 months ie about E30

Electricity - I am nearly E250 in credit.. Goes back to when I moved in 6 years ago and they are only now catching up. I use very little anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Electricity is currently about €160 every two months. Don't have gas. Broadband and landline phone is €130 per two month. Mobile is little or nothing, as rarely used and PAYG with a fiver every three or four months. Heating mostly coal fired back boiler and I'm unsure what the current price is like but it was about €650 a year. Some oil fired heating too but 1000 litres does a year. It's an 80s bungalow with just two of us here. TV is FTA satellite.

Soo all in all about €300 a month when evened out over the year. More than content with that.

New round of price rises announced from 1st October. 35% on electricity and 39% on gas.

Expect other suppliers to follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Electricity, currently €220 every 2 months, we were using about 15kw a day, have that down to 11.5 for the current billing cycle

tv and BB are with Eir, 50 a month

phone is run through the business at 50 a month

I reckon we use about €1200 a year in oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

They seem to be increasing prices every few months which isn't fair at all.

On the day it's meant to take effect, aren't you meant to be taking a picture of your meter reading so that they don't charge you the new rate for units already used?

Are electricity companies strict about this picture, does anyone know? Because, a post from a few months back and someone said they added extra units before the new rate took hold, so basically they added extra units that weren't used yet and pay at the old rate. To hell with these increases. But are they strict on this picture, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

Electricity - 160 pm (have one EV charged using Night rate)

Oil - 1000eur worth (current prices) lasts a year

Fiber broadband with Vodafone - 35pm

4 mobiles in the house - all on 7.99 pm with 48.ie

Netflix (TR) and Amazon - 15eur

iptv with 7 day playback - 18pm

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Interesting point. My EI bill shows the number of units charged at the old price and those charged at the new rate. I must keep an eye on the units when the next increase comes round.

with smart meters they have the readings at the point the unit cost increase takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

It's then split pro rata to the number of days. I never found it to be too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I didn't take a picture of my gas meter before previous price increases, does that mean they guess or just charge it all at the higher rate?

Latest electricity bill had the 2 rates calculated from the smart meter alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭89897

2 bedroom apartment, all heating, water etc is electric.

Electric- Average (ish) 140 every two months

Internet- 39 monthly (my work pays this)

Mobile- 20 payg (prime video is paid from my phone credit)

Netflix- 7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 24 igord

An interesting thread. I recently purchased a new build with A3 BER rating which is heated by a system gas boiler. Hot water is heated by the same Vokera 25a boiler with immersion turned off on the cylinder. My electric bill is helped a little bit by the small 1kw pv array so it’s a reasonable 90eur/month. My gas usage seems very high though. I moved in 21st of September and burnt through about 290m3 since, which is about 3300kwh. First two bills were about 100eur each and the next one could be about 150. All that even with much less gas usage in the summer would go way beyond 75kwh combined per sqm what is the top border for A3 ber. The house is not t-shirt warm too boot. Only 1h of heating in the morning + 1h evening. Would love to hear what are other peoples experiences with similar houses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 AvalonEnaid

Yeah no. 3300 kWh is ridiculously high for that time period. I did 1082 kWh for the same period and I have my hot water on for 120 mins per day and central heating on for 240 mins per day. My daily gas kWh usage is around 40.

You most likely have your flow temperature set to something ridiculously high like 80'c and are guzzling gas for those 2 hours per day. First port of call would be to check your boiler configuration.

---

SSE Airtricity - €310. 5 bed semi D

broadband - Digiweb Fibre €55 per month

TV - Netflix from Turkey at €2.35 + Youtube Premium at €1.32

Mobile - Three at €20 per 28 days

Advertisement