Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

Can you give a brief description of setting times charges on the zappi? Haven't used mine yet and would like to later this week for some 2am tarrif charging

Thanks,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dingbat

120 to 80 on the motorway without warning can be a bit of a sharpener

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I thought the Naas one was 120 to 50, which is enough to require new underwear afterwards 😳

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

It’s used to catch the 50 or 60 kmh at The Kill Exit Off Ramp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

There’s also an email from VW for those that did receive 3.0 but haven’t installed the update yet…

and the below was posted on meinid

“Here is the current information from VW just posted in the ID Drivers Club (translated with Deepl):

Status of the current ID. Software 3.0 OTA wave

Dear ID. Drivers,

All those who wrote us an "I want OTA 3.0" email have now received a reply. Unfortunately, the system-side shipping took a little longer. In recent weeks, we have received many questions about the progress of the current wave.

Therefore, we would like to give you an overview:

How is the wave progressing?

- To date, over 850 IDs have successfully installed the first part of the update.

- Many more are currently in the installation or have already downloaded the software, but have not yet clicked on "Install". The latter customers will be contacted by us if we find that the update is not yet installed even after several days.

- The second part of the update requires a completed installation of the first part, so the numbers are of course a little lower, but here, too, about 800 have already installed or are still in the download and installation process.

- Unfortunately, we also found that the installation failed on about 30 vehicles. In these cases, the Volkswagen partners helped on site, and the affected customers have been kept mobile free of charge in the meantime.

What's next?

Our development and quality assurance team analyzes the findings, in particular why some customers do not install the update despite the successful download.

Initial analyses indicate a possible optimization of the visibility of the installation button. This is located in the exit panel and is easily overlooked when quickly exiting. In some cases, however, it was not displayed at all. This can happen if you start very quickly after boarding the vehicle and the software management client did not have enough time to start. We have developed measures to improve this in the future.

As many of you have requested, the We Connect ID. app will continue to play a central role in the future in recording the update status quickly and conveniently. To this end, our app development is working on an integration to display the update status in the We Connect ID. app.

What's next for everyone who wasn't there for the wave?

We are working on making the update available as soon as possible, but we have to take many factors into account when planning further. The experience and the exchange with you have brought us important new insights.

As soon as we have news, we will contact you here (ID Drivers Club).

Thank you for your continuous feedback, which helps us to further improve our products.

Sincerely,

Your Volkswagen ID. Team"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Christ how many billion have they spent & they cannot roll 1 software update. Embarrassing stuff considering this is something Tesla can do on a weekly basis

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Disappointing but at least in the VW, you have a drivers car that is properly built and looks good.

It's pretty bad, but to be fair to them Tesla has a 10 year head start on the OTA updates. Plus they bricked a bunch of cars over the years with buggy updates, they've improved a lot over the years

There's a bunch of very simple fixes that VW could implement to make the update experience better. In particular having a button to check for updates would make life so much simpler rather than having to figure out what day your car checks for updates on

Unfortunately I guess VW decided to cheap out on the download server instead of installing some proper rate limiting for download requests

You need to set the charging mode of the Zappi to Eco+ to ensure it doesn't immediately charge from the grid. Press the up and down buttons on the home screen to change it

If you have solar panels, this mode will charge your car from excess solar when available

You'll also want to go into boost settings (press the menu button and go to boost settings) and setup a timed boost for the hours and days the cheaper tariff is in effect

Make sure smart boost is turned off, and probably worth setting the manual boost to more than the default kWh amount, the default can end too quickly for the car and send it into deep sleep mode

On the car you want to disable any timed charging on the car so it's controlled by the charger. FYI on ID cars you'll get a bunch of "Charging error" warnings from the app and the charging indicator will flash red. VW doesn't like the charger to be in control

Make sure you have your grid limit and device limit set correctly on the Zappi to prevent the house being overloaded. Also check the power draw from the house is positive when you're consuming electricity. If it's negative then the CT clamp on the grid supply might be backwards

Sorry, probably wasn't exactly a brief overview 😅

Meh, Telsa have improved a lot and VW have really cheapened out on the interior spec and fit out. I guess that profit margin needed to be bigger

I will agree that Teslas aren't the best looking. The Model S is good, others aren't great. Model 3 and Model Y look like they were designed by one of the art generating AIs. They're not bad looking, there's just no personality there IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Does anyone know why there is such a large price discrepancy between the ID.4 in Ireland and in Germany? A GTX is like €52k there vs nearly €77k here. I understand ICE vehicles can have huge gaps due to our CO2 based VRT system but an EV shouldn't be affected like this.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Offline mode this morning. "Unable to load connection status". Not sure why. City centre, loads of signal. Wonder if it's a VW/VW mobile network provider issue?

Theres two gtx versions.. Max and business..are you comparing same spec?

Might be a mobile network issue, mine was doing that every so often for months and then it just magically fixed itself. Reckon they improved the signal in my area

Unfortunately I don't think there's any easy way to fix it, seems to get stuck like that for a few days and then fixes itself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Signal Grand here this morning

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Still no signal.

Had a taxi ride in an id4 last night. Poor driver was saying he's had 2 "scheduled" services so far. And his last one they said "next service 10k". €240 a pop each time!

Surely it's a service every 2 years regardless of whether you're a taxi or private vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is that the one where you hold down the home button? It doesn't seem to do anything, I think it might be for the updates in the garage only

Should be the same for everyone, 2 years unlimited mileage

I wonder did he lease the car, or is it a requirement for the taxi license or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

Germany has a current VAT rate of 19% and afaik the VRT for an EV is 7% - so doing the math, the GTX should cost no more than €59k.

Surely it doesn't cost THAT much to transport it to this country, and surely VW won't be so cheeky to blame the high tax rate in this country?

Personally, I would suggest that it's more of a supply and demand issue, and that because we are such a small market, we get royally screwed for anything. I am sure the importers and distributors are trying to grab a few €k's along the way. They certainly do not care for the Irish motorist, and are happy to squeeze you by the cojones while gladly accepting any handout from the government during the pandemic and now the energy crisis.

Goverment should make them accountable. Either they have an obligation to be transparent about their pricing. But they won't bother - and they will cite the inability to provide such pricing logic due to "sensitive business information not being available to prevent anti-competitive practices"

BTW. The GTX Business is the model with an equivalent of 52k in Germany. It's 61k in France (20% VAT), 60k in Spain (21% VAT), and 57k in the Netherlands (21% VAT)

Taking all this into account ... the before tax price in the above countries should be as follows:

Germany - €44K; France - €51K; Spain - €49K; Netherlands - €47K.

In the meantime, the before tax price for the GTX in Ireland is €51K and the UK before tax price is €51k ...

So it would seem that while you can get a "deal" in Germany, the rest of Europe is having to pay a premium on the ID4 GTX. VW need to answer that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

I'm having a problem with my ID4 (Software version 3.1) and my phone bluetooth. It is not automatically connecting to the car when I sit in. I have to go to phone settings and click on MyVWxxx bluetooth connection for it to connect. Have disconnected the phone completely and reset the bluetooth connection and still having the same issue - anyone else having similar issues? Similarly the only time Apple CarPlay will connect is when I join the MyVW Wifi - which shouldn't be the case.

Anyone seeing this as well?

Thanks

Haven't really seen that myself, using an android phone. I have noticed that my phone can have poor connectivity and GPS reception when it's in my pocket so I tend to chuck it in the center console

If you're using wireless Apple CarPlay then I think you need to connect the phone to the WiFi on the car as the Bluetooth connection doesn't have enough bandwidth

Maybe try a different phone to see if it's a car issue or phone issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

I don't see the Moonstone Grey or Stonewashed Blue colour options on the VW website anymore. The only colours I like

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The Moonstone Grey is still showing for me, what model are you looking at?

slightly annoyed with the charging software this morning. Set to charge between 2 and 4 and it did.. but it kept going.. i guess i could have limited it via the charge to percentage but i thought it would have stopped at the end time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

What software version are you on? Mine came with 3.0 (got the car sept/oct) and it seems to charge at preferred times correctly in that I have that set for 2-5am (Bordgais "boost" times) and when I plug it in it at 30-something % it's still "waiting for preferred times" when I go to bed and is charged to 60-70% and no more in the morning. So it appears to be stopping at the end time.

yeah would be on latest software.. it started alright at 2 and finished at 4.. seemed to kick in at 8 am when my solar/storage battery is set to start discharging.. maybe that started the charger up.. i noticed it at 9 so not to bad.. i wanted to get the 12 cents rate rather than the 44 cents day ray.. bit of a difference.. i might try setting on the charger instead as some have suggested

What mode did you have it set to? I think if it has preferred times but is set to charge for departure time then it'll keep going outside the preferred times

I don't think I had any departure time set.. it's odd as it stopped or looks to have stopped until 8 when my battery started to discharge..I maybe need to play around with settings on zappi or go the timed via charger route

• Advertisement

Here's my power import chart. You can see at 2, house battery starts to charge, dishwasher comes on, washing machine and car starts charging..looks like car stopped charging at 4, at 7 I was up and turned on the drier..and and 8 looks like the car charger kicked in again.. the only thing happens at 8 is the house battery starts discharging

Advertisement