Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 s.k.w.

@Cookiee apparently (according to Facebook) it's 15% off selected bakery items. 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

15% off bakery - could wait till end of the day, for 30% off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Hold my beer while I run for bakery goods 🤣

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

some have 20% , some 30% - it's all down to store manager probably, and on item original value.

the 90c printed stickers probably cost more than the orange ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats a bit of a bummer about the end of the freebies. Not sure why they did it and Id say it is counter productive in that they could give an item costing them 20 cents for free but get it back by people shopping there 2 or 3 times a week and therefore likely not shopping somewhere else or at least not as much.

As a few said it seems the discounters have gone mainstream and Ive been finding that the case a fair bit lately when you see some things cheaper in Dunnes or Tesco. Even Supervalue sometimes too, last week I needed a kilo of diced lamb for making jalfrezi curries. Aldi is now 4.49 for a 350g pack, would have cost me 13.50 per kilo. Found it in SV on offer for a tenner per kilo which was an eye opener.

since numbers don't lie, don't scan your app next time you shop in lidl - message will get through, eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Prices have also increased on lots of different items in Lidl, so much so that the price listed on the shelf is lower than what it is charged at the till.

There has obviously been a change in Lidl's direction going forward in terms of how to cut costs: no freebies, less vouchers, reduced percentage stickers. While they will undoubtedly save money on this, they will also lose out on customers randomly coming in for a freebie and buying other things along the way.

Lidl does come across as stingy for doing it and it is their fault for offering the best rewards app by a supermarket in Ireland and the competitors' apps were crap in comparison. Supervalu have a few coupons a week, Tesco are simply linking their promotions to the clubcard and you have to be spending €50 in Dunnes to get any benefit from their app.

Aldi may have been right to stay away from the apps entirely. It regularly tops lists in Ireland for being the cheapest supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Agreed or better still only shop in Lidl once a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Anyone who gets the tampons or pads each month, only tampons r free now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭crayon80

And what's mad is they cost €6 whereas the pads were 89c. (Last month anyway. They could well be €6 by now too the way the supermarkets are going 😒)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

I hate using tampons so I’ll have to pass on this one this month but my local Lidl was selling moon cups and I can honestly say they are amazing and would highly recommend it and only for €10.

it’s sad the freebies have stopped I used to bypass Tesco Aldi and a SuperValu just to use Lidl and spending a minimum of €15 each time to collect freebies and pick up bits and pieces I hope they bring it back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Dunnes 10 off 30 gone ! Whoever posted and jinxed it😂😂

Its 5 off 25 now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Nollog

Most of the time if you point out the old price label they'll give it to you at the old price. I'm not sure they have to do that by law, since the price will be displayed on the till before you pay, but they're usually good about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭crayon80

I have never ever found that in my local lidl. They come back and tell me the sel was wrong or I read the wrong one. It's take the hit on the difference or return the item.

In other news 3rd card is 15% off selected Glensallagh cooked meats. 26 different hams etc. Listed.

They do that with me too, my OH always gets the price shown with literally no effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

Also they've reduced their reduction on reduced to clear items to 20 percent. Shrinkflation all the way. As well as the prices rise around the shop, hmm. Okay just read through its already been spotted.

Post edited by gussieg on

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Tbh Lidl has become what Tesco was like years ago, with people waiting and hovering for the reduced stuff to save a few euros and then it was a free for all.

I can see the reasoning but who would really buy meat that's expiring that day, for a measly 20% off, which is likely a few cent.

Maybe if it's mince meat or something that will be masked with sauce, but the meat will have lost some quality.

hmm, we might be on a long road here...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

the meat will not have lost any quality at all that is nonsense

you could buy the same meat from a butchers counter in supervlau with no dates and it would be fine

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

A perfect example of how quickly they're raising prices is those cat sticks in the second one are now 99c in-store price. They don't even bother waiting a week or two for the vouchers to cycle before upping prices.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

People who plan a meal on-the-day, or just have a freezer, like me.

Can't fault people for wanting to save even 1 cent imo, I applaud people who think about their finances, those shows where people "save thousands" by not having 2 takeaways a day and all that really bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah balls I had been bashing the crap out of the Dunnes 10 off 30 vouchers for the last year and had come to rely on it to stock up with 30 euros worth of meat for 20 quid. Had been feasting on James Whelan steaks and duck breasts and getting 33% off them each time, thats the end of that then 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cookiee

And they used to be 65c ! As a cat owner I'm familiar with this product 😂 I was happy to get some for free but them know being 99cent is very annoying

Post edited by Cookiee on

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I went into Supervalu for a few bits and pieces.

I walked past their €2.29 grapes. "I'll get my usual €1.99 ones in Lidl", I said to my daughter.

Walk into lidl a while later and the grapes are gone up 30c in the last week - €2.29, the same as Supervalu.

They seem to have gotten rid of the anomalies they used to have - like last year the price per kg on a small pack of ham was less than for the family pack. It didn't make much sense but I liked it because the ham stays fresher in the unopened packet. The chicken sausages were cheap and cheerful at 99c, now they're €1.69.

Most of the increases you just take on the chin but others make you re-consider what you actually need in your trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭CH3OH

LIDL not very good at the maths

16.7%

Something not adding up

Please come back! Let's be friends again!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Was in Dunnes this morning and grapes are €2.99, not on the 2 for €5.50 offer either.

Kiwi's were €1 for 6; now €1.19.

Groceries just keep going up in price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

I still have 1 free beans scratch left for 2 days, I'm hoping my local will restock or else it'll have to be winegums for probably my last ever non-parkrun freebie!😂🤣

This weeks leaflet has Closed Cup Mushrooms on special from Thursday 8/12 at -40% to €0.59 down from €0.99. However I was in last night and the actual in-store price has gone up to €1.19. I'd imagine they'll have to do them for €0.59 to avoid hassle but another example of the quick rate of increases.

Yep, I just get the cheap pack of ham or off-cut ham for them now as I find it goes farther. They must be all from the same supplier as Aldi are up to 99c also.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement

Is this from last year or are they feeling it already?

Advertisement