Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I fully get this. I have a brother who won't spell my name right. He knows it, it's not that difficult, but Mr. High and Mighty just can't be bothered.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sick today after getting COVID jab yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Watching a WSL match between Manchester United and Aston Villa.

great effort and endeavour, skill and entertainment from both teams...but the referee in the match, the last 15 minutes…especially

misses awarding a stonewall penalty

doesn’t send a player off that should be, no questions.

awards a free and pulls play back when a player is through on goal and subsequently scores. But she’s already blown.

a more minor error towards the end and she just laughs and shrugs her shoulders, laughs and makes a face as if to say “ I don’t really know what I’m doing here do I ? “

the first goal should have been chalked off for a clear push too I’m just seeing..

human error can’t be eradicated but jesus… can we just get in all sports some reasonably close enough consistency and competency from referees, umpires and officials… whomever….. makes it a frustrating watch at times what’s being witnessed now.

5-0 United so happy days but, seriously…. 🫣

• Advertisement

I hope you feel better, @blade1

.....How can you lose a french press? It's not like keys that can be misplaced just about anywhere. Sigh, I need coffee. Wherethefook is it hiding?!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who escalate situations. Yes, they might be in the right however they really ad to the situation with their reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Be right back

Noisy neighbours. Shut up! You live in an estate!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,678 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The search function of this site, and title of this thread. Two things combined that seems to really annoy me.

How in the name of Jayus am I supposed to remember how 'trivial' was spelt incorrectly?

Then I have to try and search for it in the (bleeding bandy) search function on this site?

OK - it might be partly my fault that I don't want to bookmark it. Because if I did I would probably only be getting annoyed about stuff -that I didn't realise that I was annoyed about in the first place!

But then I can't search for it and I get annoyed - it is a never ending cycle!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My TA, the KFC ad. I'd love one but there's none near me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Posters thinking they're Flann O'Brien when they're just talking shíte. Boring shíte, at that.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was in a pet shop, yesterday. It was grooming parlour galore, everyone getting their dogs to the hairdressers for Christmas. All the dogs were lovely and were very happy, yapping and barking and play-growling at each other and having a good sniff around, 6 or 7 of them, mid- to large size dogs with big voices. Their stupid owners, though, and one stupid member of staff who was talking with them, should have really copped on. Did they really have to let them to that by the rabbit/guinea pig/hamster/mice hutches? The poor things were on high alert and terrified, seeing those large heads sniffing at their cages and barking only inches away. Or do they not matter because they are "lesser" pets? Annoyed as hell. I didn't buy anything.

Also, I needed the loo so I went into a coffee shop and ordered a latte and what emerged to be a stale Danish. The loo was bad, not god-awful, but not to far. Granted there was only one person working there yesterday, but there was black mould growing inside the "blade" hand dryer. I told the waitress who just nodded and said "Thanks". And no, there were no other customers there aside from me.

Having an "I hate everyone and everything" day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thanks Deja boo.

I thought it was after passing around 7pm last.

I was asked to come in to work today.

Realised I wasn't 100% at work but got through it and home now and feeling better.

My immune system seems to go all out war with anything that enters the system.

I suppose that's a good sign though.

My TA now is working out in the rain 😡

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

People announcing they are leaving boards or any other site. As the saying goes, it ain't an airport, no need to announce your departure...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

People talking about you in private forums/ threads and then act like there is nothing to see when you ask them why you were tagged in a post that you can’t see. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,883 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not sure about that one.

At least you know they have just left and not kicked the bucket 🙂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Restaurants with no physical menus, a fecking qr code.

Unsure if they are tight or trying to be trendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My TA is hairdryers in hotels. Why do they have to be so shite??? Like if they provided better quality ones, women wouldn't need to have them on as often and that then saves the hotel some electricity costs. I am in the middle of a break from using the one in my room, it's just burning my hair and not drying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

...I read that as hairdressers....... 🤦‍♀️

I am glad you're feeling better, what you went thru sounds alarming given the potential for Cytokine storms in immune responses.

My TA is semi-related... After being repeatedly questioned about my vaccination status every time I need medical care for anything (unrelated to covid), I ask whether the vaccination is safe for me (with practical concerns about my medical conditions)... And every time, they have all answered with the exact same stock response, as if by rote: "the vaccination is definitely safer than a covid infection" ....yeah, that is not what I asked... seems odd they ALL use the same intentionally vague phrase, it never varies.

By the way, I am not an anti-vaxxer, am entirely grateful it has saved so many people. I would just like a straight answer about my medical situation.

Post edited by Deja Boo on

People who habitually and more or less out of boredom cause unintentional yet difficult problems for those around them. Usually the….‘ I just have to be doing something, even if nothing needs doing ‘.. type of person….whom as a result of one of these and their potential actions …tomorrow I’ll have 40 - 50 minutes of phone calls, negotiating and probably a nervous breakdown at the end of it all….

if it’s not broken…. Don’t break it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

There is a shopping centre near me where they have ‘rustic’ sinks in the ladies. The sinks are very, very low and I am only an average height for a woman. My TA is that I am in my third trimester and it’s getting increasingly awkward to stoop down to wash my hands as the weeks go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, you're right. Hairdressers should be allowed in hotels. 😜

My trivial annoyance is that I'm not well. I had a bit of a sore throat last night but since getting to work this morning, extra symptoms are joining the party. It's not Covid, but I'm still wearing a mask.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement