Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40k Darktide (makers of vermintide)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this is getting a pc game pass release correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yep, although crucially for a co-op game it won't have cross play with the Steam version.

Launch trailer;

Really enjoying Jesper Kyd's soundtrack on Spotify. 😅

My gaming buddies have gamepass so cross play thankfully isn't an issue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good game but performance is atrocious, while my rig isnt anything close to high spec no other game brings it to its knees.

Im not alone steam forums,official forums and reddit all have many huge threads about it.

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/c/darktide/performance-feedback/97

• Advertisement

Yeah this is the first game I'm really struggling to get a 1080ti to play at any setting at medium or above comfortably

1080Ti here also ,this is by far the worst optimized game ive played in a long time.

Using this config it does get very smooth but doesnt look great but atleast its playable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/yyfwse/framerate_guide/

Thanks for that, I'll try that file change later 👍 crazy that a 1080ti (similar performance raw performance to a 3060ti) struggles what this on 1080p/1440p/4k, most surprising thing for me is that setting the game to any resolution doesn't change the performance anywhere near what it should do, tell tale signs of bad optimization really I suppose.

Just a fyi , the patch they dropped on Saturday has improved things dramatically for me and im not using the above config anymore.

Apparently they had very high ray tracing set to on by default aswell as a few other bels and whistles.

Yeah I'm doing much better now as well, fsr 2 with high settings @ 1440p giving me between 60 - 80 FPS. Loving the game now tbh, if they continue to support and add content it could be a great game. Has me finally delving into 40k lore too 😁

• Advertisement

Yeah its very good, i played a lot of vermintide 2 but this is so much better.

I wish they had a few more outdoor segments in the maps though, not really a negative but more an observation.

If vermintide 2 is anything to go buy they will support this game long term,they made a lot of DLC for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No issues playing other than 2 minor issues, if a barrel explodes I always gets yeeted off the map.

The demonhost attacks me every single time, if i go into that room 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th doesnt matter, he sees me then chases me around the room beating the **** out of me. Handy for the other players to not have to worry about him :(

lol its the badness in you attracting the demonhost :P

Did you try sneak past as in crouch?

I've a surefire tactic for the demonhost, play a big boy with a shield, get it's attention, back into a corner and plant the shield in the ground. It will keep beating on the shield while everyone else beats on it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its a bit bonkers tbh played with 3 random Ogryns and they were pissing themselves as it happened 3 times in a row.

Good game and as mentioned Fat Shark will pump this full of extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It's taken ages, but there's a massive new patch for this, and the XBOX release was yesterday (also on gamepass atm)

They've added fairly cool changes to the characters skill trees.. entirely reworked them, with 30 points to throw around in whatever of the 3 specs for all 4 classes.

Some new animations, loads of new skills, voicelines etc.. Feels like a new game with some the classes, particularly the pysker and zealot builds. Ogryn is beefier than ever..

If you have this in your library with nothing else going on, give it a shot.. worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Another big free content patch last week, and another due before christmas.

New map(s, second is before xmas), changes to veteran class, great craic :)

Advertisement