Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing

• 01-12-2022 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Recently I had roof repairs. The roofing company realigned the overflow pipe and put it into the gutter. Previously, I could see the overflow pipe and notice if there was a problem in the attic tank. Any suggestions please.

PS I already posted this query in a an old post on plumbing but I can't find it now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Maybe one of the mods could move your post over to the proper forum. To answer your question- the modification is a bad one, firstly the overflow pipe should be positioned to provide a visual warning in the event of a problem. Secondly the overflow pipe could now become contaminated by dirty standing water in the gutter, potentially allowing the water in your storage tank to be contaminated. Thirdly the overflow pipe could easily become blocked through either dirt in the gutter or by water freezing in the gutter which is obviously a disaster waiting to happen. Have the pipe extended or modified so that it is visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

Thank you for the above information.

Advertisement