Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looks good in that colour grey. What’s it called?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 davewalshucc

Great looking motor. Congrats. I’m doubtful as well, but my lad is doing me no favours on my F31 touring trade in so I’ll be asking him to meet me 1/2 way* or something.

*what will happen is he’ll Jack up the price… and I’ll be told take it or leave it, and I’ll clearly pay up!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Corporatemarky

Absolute beaut, best wishes with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Irish winter grey

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Stunning, worth the wait. Happy premium motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Went to see the "new 3 Series" today and asked the dealer: bro how about my car?

Car built and at 182 Schedule for Carrier

Me after getting home

Also saw a bunch of other cars on the list at 150 so get checking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Dravit grey. Was between that and the Tanzanite Blue…missus insisted on the grey and can’t complain, does look class.

So got this back from BMW Ireland. The main part of my complaint was related to the registration in new year, not sure why they waffled so much about the delay as I didn’t really make much of an issue of that.

Anyway hilarious that the way they can’t cover the cost of registering it in new year after the fact the car has already been registered.

As for the pathetic €350 voucher, no BMW it won’t go any way towards renewing my faith in the BMW brand and I won’t be purchasing from them again.

Think I might try and get BMW headquarters email address and ideally customer retention/satification address if they exist, forward on my emails and final feelings to them. Don’t expect them to do anything but I’ll feel good venting! 😂

Thanks for emailing us about the delayed order on your BMW i4. I’m sorry to hear about this – I can understand how frustrating this must be for you.

While I can appreciate all the points that you’ve raised, the main reason for the delay is due to the global semiconductor shortage, this is a global issue, and not restricted to the automotive industry and as such is outside of BMW IE’s control.

Once a new car order has arrived, it’ll be expected to be registered in the year of arrival at the agreed price. But if registered in the following year then the price will be expected to change.

With this in mind, I’ve carefully looked into this for you, and I’m afraid we’re unable to cover the cost of the 2023 charges, as per BMW policy.

Having said this, I’d like to offer you a gesture of goodwill of £350 Centre Credit. This can be used towards servicing, parts or lifestyle products within any BMW Approved Centre.

This offer of goodwill is held against the unique reference number xxxx. Please share this reference number with your preferred BMW Retail Centre and they'll contact us directly to claim.

I hope this goes someway in restoring your faith in the BMW brand.

If there’s anything else I can help with in the future, please get back in touch.

• Advertisement

That’s a pathetic response from BMW and makes no sense.

following the logic of their email any car that lands at the dealer in December should be registered in December not January as always happens. I have had BMWs arrive earlier than expected in the past, late October and November. and it was never in question that they weren’t going out until January.

Now the car is registered you’re not going to get anywhere with them but it is shoddy treatment in my view.

Premium treatment indeed 🤣

But agree with the above. It’s registered so that ship has sailed. Try get the voucher plus the first service or something from them.

I actually mentioned this to my dealer and they said they would have zero issue with registering the car in the new year even if it arrives in December (which is scheduled to anyway) because they have met all their numbers for 2022 (I assume yours didn't)

Ask them to throw in that paint protection pack for tiny dings and scratches at least.

Already paid for that pack myself. Dealer threw nothing in apart from a BMW mug and umbrella!

Needless to say I also won’t be purchasing from that dealer ever again as well as BMW, they are main dealer for other brands too.

They could have thrown something in themselves surely even if it was BMW tying their hands in terms of the registration issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

How much do BMW pay you for every post you connect "premium" and "BMW"? They haven't been premium for 20 years. Lovely cars. Had a 2001 318iSE back in the day and loved it. Everything after that model was overpriced cack with very expensive repair bills imo.

Paying BMW a monthly fee for heating your seats is definitely premium.

Stay Free

Anyone with a couple of brain cells would know they pay me nothing, just a fan, heated seats cost me nothing, and they’re not overpriced cack, but a well built premium vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Corporatemarky

Both Hyundai n Nissan dealers atm expect both cars I’ve on order to arrive this month and both confirmed (ages ago) they’d be 231 reg. Sorry you’re being given BMW b-s…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

There’s nothing premium about the way they’re treating their customers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Ah but they are though, I mean once you get away from teething troubles with new models, the cars themselves are incredible quality.

• Advertisement

Setup a schedule to precondition the car before the school run every morning, was lovely getting into cosy car and not waiting forever for engine and hence car to warm up. I’ll go soft with the luxury!

Agh the joys of a new EV owner.

When we first done this in 2012 in a Leaf, we knew this was the way forward!

You will appreciate it even more when the car is frosted over etc

No water jugs, no running in and out etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I thought the steering wheel heater on the iX was a bit frivolous, but it's amazing how much it (combined with the seat heaters) reduces your need for the actual hot air to be blasting.

Heated Steering Wheel is a god send.

People think it's a gimmick but had it on my old E60 and old Nissan Leaf, i3 and Teslas.

Used daily so it was!

Quite annoying this is not standard on the i4, the shifter is absolutely pointless:

The G20 facelifts have it.

What are all those things with text on them?

*Tesla owner joke (buttons) before the premium brigade jump on my back and whip me with the bmw branded leather straps they were given at north!

Will an EV preheating cabin be enough to defrost a windscreen?

I only got mine (Cupra Born) at end of Sept and haven't had a frost yet, I believe this week might be a cold one. Would be nice to clear a windscreen that way. Not sure if it will or not though

I do use the preheated cabin, it's a nice advantage of EVs for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, your Born should defrost a frozen windscreen very quickly, if heater is the same as my previous ID.3. Just make sure most of the heat is directed towards the windscreen.

Haven't had a serious frost since I got my Model 3 but imagine it will be as good..

I imagine it's the same heating system alright, I'll play around this week if temps drop as expected

• Advertisement

Advertisement