Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So you should have the "charge at preferred times" set. Unfortunately it resets ever time so it's possible it got set differently

According to the car, it should only allow charging between those times but it doesn't say what happens if it falls short of the target SoC. It's possible it'll keep charging to prioritise charging over the preferred times

Do you have a screenshot of the Zappi charging history, migyhekp to see what was happening?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

New update in the ID.Drivers Club (on Facebook)

Dear ID. Drivers,

Last week we informed you about the last status of the current ID. software 3.0 OTA-wave. Now that we have analyzed the results of the current OTA wave, we would like to inform you about the next steps, as promised:

- We will start an additional ID. software 3.0 OTA wave for those who registered for the "I want OTA" action via email but were not able to be included in the previous wave (please note that the vehicle must meet the requirements. All emails will be reconsidered received by Nov. 30th, 2022)

- We have noticed that a few vehicles can currently not be supplied with OTA updates due to a certain hardware composition. We are working on a service solution for these vehicles.

- The above-mentioned ID. software 3.0 OTA-wave is planned to start in December 2022. We will soon provide you with detailed information about the start of the upcoming wave as well as tips for successfully installing the OTA update.

We know that you had to wait some time for the update and would like to thank you for your feedback and patience.

To avoid confusion, we would also like to inform you that we are launching an additional OTA campaign for certain MEB vehicles of the Volkswagen and SKODA brands that were built and delivered with ID. software 3.0 already installed. The customers with certain MEB vehicles having ID. software 3.0 already installed during the production process will receive an optimized version of the ID. software 3.0 software factory version via an OTA campaign.

As usual, the update will be rolled out in the form of a canary release - i.e. in staggered waves that grow in the number of participants. The software contains optimizations and no new features. Over the next few weeks participating vehicles will display the familiar notification in the infotainment system. You can find more information about the update in the release notes available there and start the installation as usual via the exit panel.

Your Volkswagen ID. TEAM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

Zappi history. I think I've export margin set to 100 watts on the zappi.. to avoid house battery drain.. I'll try setting it to 150 and retest later in the week. Few have suggested 150

Don't think it's the export margin

Did you check on the car via the app around the time it started charging by any chance?

When I was testing the timed charging last time it seemed to get set to charge immediately when I synced it from the app

I had set it to charge at preferred times from the app but when I synced it went back to charge immediately it seemed

I wonder did the same thing happen to you 🤔

Couldn't say for sure. I might have popped into the app.. is there a setting there I can change to set to charge at preferred times?

• Advertisement

Yes, but it's only visible when the car is plugged in

Go into the vehicle menu and it should be unde the slider to start charging. It'll take a minute to sync afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

With the potential of snowfall on the way. Is it safe to use the heated windshield when covered in snow ?

Yeah it should be fine, it's basically what it's designed for

The main risks are either the windscreen cracking from pouring boiling water on it (don't do that) or the melted snow freezing when it hits the windscreen and forming ice which is tougher to remove

Luckily we don't live in Norway, so both those risks are fairly minimal

And heating the windscreen means that snow and ice won't stick to it

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Full charge today showing 370km

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I only use the Zappi and don't touch any of the setting in the ID4 only if I want to charge it to 100% I will use that. Keep it simple and not have the two entities contradicting each other by mistake.

I use the timed charge on the Zappi, set to come on when I want it too 11pm (winter time) and how many hours to stay on, which I have set not to bring me into peak hours. The car is set not to charge past 80% so it will stop when full. You can obviously set it to come on at 2am on the Zappi and charge for 6 hours to bring you to 8am.

One thing to look at is in the timed boost setting there are a number of lines for different scenarios for example a different time for every day I would only use one line.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

Does this look right for boost between 2 and 4am?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Yeah looks OK but I don't use the app as my Zappi is not connected to the Internet. I only use the unit itself, I'm next to it when I get out of the car anyway so program it from there.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Yeah that should do it. Make sure the car is set to charge during those times as well, or just charge immediately

You might get a bunch of charging errors from the We Connect app. The car is a control freak and doesn't like the charger being in control of the timed charging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yeah just ignore those errors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Can’t remember now. Possibly the 2 models that qualify for grant

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Cold regen limited??? Green bar is shortened. 80% charge

80% showing 300km for me, so 360km from 100%. Sounds about right for this weather

What was the outside temp? Maybe it was cold enough that it locked out some of the battery capacity and you couldn't regen?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

1-2C I think. Can't say I noticed it while driving, but i've never seen that outside of a 100% charged battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

A little better than me, this morning 80% = 290km. Temp 1 degree. 23k km on a 22 ID4

Would be interesting to see what others are getting. Thought mine was a little severe regards winter range but maybe not after-all.

I forgot to check mine this morning but I did notice I'd lost about 5-6% overnight.

Probably because I've got the preheating set to 20C with heated seats and steering wheel

Totally worth it though to get into a warm car

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

You'll lose range on the GOM overnight simply by the battery getting cold, particularly when the battery drops below 13°C, which is why the battery heater tries to get you back up to that temp.

(0°C last night so you definitely hit that threshold in the battery)

I thought it only kicks in after something like 15 mins of driving on Software 3.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The battery heater behaviour was changed in v2.4. It now only heats the battery when it drops to 0°C (before it would start heating at 8°C) but regardless of that you will still see a loss of range on the GOM before you even drive the car, if the battery gets cold (<13°C) overnight.

Colder batteries have less ability to release their energy... as the battery warms up it becomes available again (that's what the green and blue bars on the dash tell you). The energy doesn't go anywhere, just not accessible at low temps. As you drive and it heats up, the green and blue bars will show max again and you might even see the GOM go up, eventhough you have driven somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

I’m seeing around 290km on the GOM at 80% at the moment , that’s with a fair bit of motorway driving at 110km/hr.

211 77kWh with 40k on the clock.

Actually I noticed earlier my regen was down to around 90% when I was driving earlier. Battery was around 65% with around 2-3C outside, so must be a cold battery thing

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

LOL, showing 270km for 80%. I must have the lead foot around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

147km for 34% here this evening.

• Advertisement

My consumption since charging yesterday has been 24kWh/100km, those short hops are a killer 😭

The car tracks static consumption towards the overall right? It doesn't do anything like only count the consumption while moving? 🤔

Advertisement