Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marina Village Malahide

Options
  • 01-12-2022 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

I see a few duplex-style apartments for sale in the Marina in Malahide, ranging from fixer-upper to turn-key condition.

Just wondering if anyone has lived in these apartments and could share feedback?

I know they are a bit dated so just wondering if there could be any build quality issues or problems with noise between apartments? Also would there be any issues making renovations to them (eg: changing floors, fixing up kitchen etc)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

Nobody? 😥

Post edited by Dante on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭herbalplants

I felt bad as you got no responses.

I can't advice but I know those apartments, they are in a lovely spot and I never heard anyone having issues. They have been there for a good while 20 years?

Again I am not 100 %.

Perhaps someone knows more.

Living the life

Thanks for the reply 🙂 I haven't heard any complaints either other than some of them being a little old looking inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Where some of the marina apartments built on a dump and reclaimed land filled with waste.

Not sure about the quality but check fire cert. I think many are rented out short term. Management fees might be high.

Hmm I have not heard about the dump thing. The management fees seem to be ~1,500 per year which is a bit high alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Paddy3

There are lifts in the complex so that will mean the management fee's will be higher

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

I have a family member who lives in the Marina townhouses facing the green and sea. The entire complex looks a bit dated and they have some issues with Silverfish. Biggest problem however is the little green directly in front of the complex (the one that was recently renovated). On hot summer days, people flock to the area and this results in quite a bit of anti-social behaviour. Young teens drinking cans all evening, blaring music through portable speakers. Gardai are regularly called but there isn't much they can do other than move them along, until the next group arrives. I think the Marina complex, whilst in a beautiful setting, is too close to the centre of it all. Also, driving in and out can be a nightmare due to high traffic of pedestrians and vehicles blocking the narrow entrance to the complex.

Interesting, wasn't aware of the Silverfish issue. Definitely agree that the complex looks dated, although some of the refurbished apartments look quite nice inside. I used to live in the outskirts of Malahide a few years ago so know about the anti-social stuff you mentioned, I can probably live with that as I really like the village in general and never really bothered me too much.

Advertisement