Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Back home much sooner than expected, balcony with a cold beer and mosquitos. Miss the mutt as he was always guaranteed to be awake and ready to chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cheers folks and sorry for being so morbid about it all. It's not like me. But the little thing was so connected to Ms G. El Cato has her place in this small part of the internet now. Some day Ms G may find it. Anyway onwards and upwards. Nearly Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Does anyone else think it's quite apt that the Full Moon on Wednesday is called the Cold Moon? With the frosty weather we're due to get 🥶🥶❄️❄️

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Really?! What years are you talking about? You're the same age as my late Uncle and younger then his wife. He was a Rocker ( he stole her from a mod) .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Our skinny 7.5 foot tree is finally up! 😁🎄🎄

Okay, it may not be a huge real tree, but space limitations mean that the skinny pop-up tree is perfect for our place.

First batch of Christmas cards posted off too! 😊👍👍

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Should be some sight if we get the clear skies usually associated with the cold snap.. Keeping our home warm is stressy

Would be a lovely sight alright Grem . Starry starry night... with the moon shining bright, while we shiver with the cold inside 💠💠

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Glad i have a good layer game 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It feels cold enough lately so not looking forward to what's forecast, especially driving in the mornings.

• Advertisement

My cold plan goes into gear tomorrow. How to keep the gaff toasty during icy weather and on a set budget! A couple of years ago it never crossed my mind. Gonna ease back on the fire and concentrate on oil. Emergency committee meeting in the morning. 😱

Yeah i've to dip the tank tomorrow and work out how much more to put in..

My worst fears have materialised. Grumpy finally gets home tomorrow after three months of hospitalisation and it's s the eve of a full moon. Guess who goes nuts the night before a full moon?

I'll be thinking of you, i definitely go a bit weird with it myself but MrsG won't have to worry about me..

Fascinating. I was maybe peripherally aware but living in rural Lancashire.. The first such scenes were the Beatles.. In that era I was at university etc. Just googled and that scene was South UK... and few even then had TV..

The moon last night was magnificent. Skyscapes out here are breathtaking. My place is small so easy to keep snug as long as the coal and turf arrive. Solid fuel stove in the main room/kitchen..

oh dear... When I was living in West Cork an old neighbour went ****** Set fire to the bushed behind the house.. Took the gate off its hinges and left "calling cards" ... Then attacked the dog, an elderly collie. We called the Gardai and they opined it was the full moon,, Said a lot of folk go like that... that they get very busy... Stay safe... thinking of thee.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Looks wonderful 🤩- and I like the art we get a sneaky glimpse at too!

Phew, finished for a few days..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Right kids to school, fire lit and then bring the boss to the doctors. Trapped nerve or something in her neck she’s in agony.

• Advertisement

Watching an address from country president. Fifteen minutes I won't get back..

Did I miss anything?. Psych appointment and sleep had. Not quite fresh as a daisy but can't complain..

Doesn't look like you missed anything Grem .

Made egg mayo sandwiches for tea , son had pasta and pesto . Weather gets colder and I make sandwiches for myself 🙈😅 saving grace, batch of scones in the oven 🤣

Think egg and chips for me oh and mushrooms. Also have to get the weedwacker out to various parts for impending health examination 😳 eeeeeek is all I've to say to that..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Scones...mmmm...

To thine own self be true

Spotify is tedious when creating playlists

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Back in Ireland. Gallivanting over until January, well apart from Thursday night when I head to Belfast to see my favorite band, The Fontaines DC.

Currently waiting at the bus station to collect my eldest and busting with excitement to see him.

My mum and dad collected me at the airport today, something they rarely do. Mammy made me her best-in-the-world veggie lasagna and we had a few games of Rummikub.

I almost forget I hate coming back to Ireland!

Went for a couple of pints. While rambling home with a Chinese takeaway under the arm on a cold crisp night I had the moon and Christmas lights guiding me.

• Advertisement

I've a hankering for duck now, feck you G!

Advertisement