Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulated Plasterboard Version

Options
  • 04-12-2022 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

So I am in the process of upgrade on house, budget is a concern with the current price of materials etc. Also have a limited budget as it was an unexpected spend

I have got walls built up and put in 50mm xtratherm insulation in the cavity. The cavity was only 60mm so 50mm was the maximum. So going to install a 50mm insulated board on the walls to top it up. Also going to do air tightness etc(must point out rest of house isn't done but at least start in right direction)

So this is the planned board: https://www.goodwins.ie/products/xtratherm-insulated-plasterboard-63mm-8x4-ft.html?filter_set[]=1413,1419

Need about 15 - 20 of these.

The other option is a Knauf board, the information below I got from the supplier.

I guess I should be comparing the U-value but not sure? the Knauf are costing about half the price but I am just wondering am I just buying something which is not worth it long term?

I talked to builder and he said he has used both and doesn't know the difference but he standardly uses the Xtratherm ones.

Thanks

U value 0.62

Productivity 0.031

Plasterboard KNAUF

Comments

Advertisement