Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanye West endorses Hitler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

"Because Hitler also hated black people" hmm.

People of all races including black people served in Hitler's military and they were treated the same as their German comrades.

They were not segregated and discriminated against like in the American army.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Defending Hitlers treatment of black eople is great banter. I love the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Hitler did not run the Wehrmacht in minute detail was probably more a general Wehrmacht practise not to discriminate. The Americans had to watch videos of what it would be like in the UK with Black people allowed to use any part of the bus and toilets they chose to.

Hitler didnt micro manage at all. Most his of instructions were extremely vague.

Black people though. He made it illegal to be in a relationship with a white person, to work in a lot of sectors and to be educated and some were sterlised. He killed loads of black people in concentration camps. Loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When the Nazis came to power, one of the first directives was aimed at mixed-race children. Underlining Hitler’s obsession with racial purity, by 1937 every identified mixed-race child in the Rhineland had been forcibly sterilised, in order to prevent further ‘race polluting’, as Hitler termed it.

Hans Hauck, a black survivor of Nazi racial policies and a victim of the sterilisation programme, explained in the film Hitler’s Forgotten Victims that, when he was forced to undergo sterilisation as a teenager, he was given no anaesthetic. Once he received his sterilisation certificate, he was ‘free to go’, as long as he agreed to have no sexual relations with Germans.

yeah, no racism there.

Yes Hitler believed in keeping the Germans racially pure as he believed that racial purity made a great people.That does not translate as a hatred of all other races.

No more than a race Horse breeder who wants to keep his stocks blood lines can be said to hate all other Horses!

You need to go deep into NAZI philosophy to get an understanding of Hitler's mindset.

you really dont understand what racism is. or very much at all it seems.

I'm telling you how the NAZI's viewed it not giving you my opinion.

You don't need to knee jerk react and attack the poster every time you hear something you don't like!

You think that forced sterilisation of black people is not racist. that is beyond stupid.

• Advertisement

Jaysus that horse analogy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I don't know about anyone else on boards archer22 but I do know that I don't need to go deep into Nazi philosophy.

Thanks for the suggestion and all 🙄

What else would you compare it to ? breeding whites to create some kind of Übermensch. That's even before pointing out were all mixed race.

There you go again creating a strawman argument attacking me for something I didn't say.I stated how THEY viewed it.

One horse is also being sterilised against their will. I don't think I can come up with a fitting analogy. It is exactly what it is. I'd avoid comparing humans to animals for a start.

It begs the question if Hitler didn't hate all these other races, why did he want purity from them. Ridiculous question really.

No he hated other races. He hated the Jews and the Slavs in particular. Fcking hated them. He called them both subhuman and called for their complete extinction.

Not racist though.

I have no idea what delusion it takes to want a pure race it cannot happen. We are already mixed race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Its probably more correct to say we are all the same sub species. Homo Sapiens. Than to say we are all mixed race.

I agree but Race is talked about more than us being of one people. Is there not the argument that there were other hominids absorbed too and people have more or less of the DNA than others. Everyone one knows about Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis Country to believe we did not kill them off we absorbed them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,481 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

There were about 10 black people in Germany in the 30's and 40's. Of course, there were more, but you get what I mean.

Blacks were a rarity throughout Europe, in general, and in the Reich they were so rare most Germans had never even seen a black person. However, just like everywhere else in Europe and the "white world", the were discriminated against and in certain cases were shipped off to camps. But there was nothing peculiar about that. Many, many, people found themselves in the camps for little or no reason. But at the same time, there were cases of blacks just living out their lives as best they could during the war.

In the main, however, black people weren't really under consideration by the Nazis. Because their number was so few. You were statistically more likely to end up in the likes of Dachau because you once voted for the KPD.

There was a good book I read about a young black lad who lived in Germany during the Nazi period. His experiences aren't what you would have thought them to be. He expressed that most Germans treated him relatively well, even though he did receive racist discrimination from others. He even applied for the Hitler Jugen, but was refused on the grounds that he was malnourished, which happened to a lot of whites too.

The thing is, outside of a few instances, this man's experience in Germany would probably be no different than if he were born in Britain, France or America. In fact, if he'd been born in certain parts of the States he might have found himself hanging from a tree.

Another interesting account is from a black lad that served with JG27 in North Africa, after he became a POW. He found himself as a "batman" for Hans Joachim Marseille and was something of a mascot for the squadron. When the Germans retreated from North Africa, he was shipped out with them and remained in Germany.

read the link i posted. 24,000 black people living in germany in the 1920s. you also missed out on the forced sterilisation.

24,000 out of a nation of nearly 80 million is nothing. 0.03%. The odds are that the vast, vast, majority of white Germans never saw a black person and I am well aware of the efforts on behalf of German eugenicists during the 30's.

I've spent more years studying the Nazi period than I'd care to mention.

if that was so you wouldn't say things like " black people weren't really under consideration by the Nazis" when they had a sterilisation program for them.

In the grand scheme of things, they weren't, even if blacks were viewed as inferior within the Reich, as they were in all western societies at the time.

BTW, German sterilisation programs never specifically targeted black people, unlike programs such as Aktion T-4, which was drawn up specifically to "cleanse" people who were looked upon as mentally deficient. However people such as the Rheinlandbastarde tended to find themselves the victims of such policy, without the policy being particularly drawn up with them in mind, and between 400 to 800 people ended up being sterilised or aborted. This is because the Nuremberg Laws prohibited miscegenation and some blacks came under the umbrella of mischlinge, while others didn't and possible future children of mixed race couples would have been undesirable according to eugenics theory of the time. Often, though, it came down to the opinion of the local medical head, legal rep or Gauleiter as to whether a black person was considered eligible or not. But the fact of the matter remains that the vast majority of blacks in Germany didn't get sterilised and the weren't particularly covered by any Nazi eugenics laws.

>In the grand scheme of things, they weren't

Using blinkered logic there to say blacks weren't part of "the grand scheme" because they weren't aryan

By that same blinkered logic, the jewish people weren't a factor in the grand scheme, either? Is this holocaust denial? Surely not. So you can see how blinkered and ridiculous what you're saying sounds. If they had designs to neuter blacks, exterminate blacks or use them as their 'inferior' mascots that says actually yes they were swept up in the grand scheme of things, whether or not we put the blinkers on to argue they weren't 'the primary specific target' when all non-aryans ultimately were going to get sterilized under a 3rd reich eventually, or subjugated to slavery.

There was no actual legislation put into effect for blacks living in Germany, because they were so few in number. The eugenics programs drawn up by the Nazis had no specific details outlining Reich attitude toward black people, even if they were generally thought of a lesser within German society. The Nazis had a hierarchy of "racial and political threats to the Reich", which the Jews operated at the top of. Further down the line were the Slavs, the Romani, and it continued on. But nowhere on that list were black people. Irrespective of what was done to groups like Rheinlandbastarde. But they weren't completely ostracised from Germany society in the same manner that Jews were. For instance they were allowed to work in paid employment, something which Jews were eliminated from. They were also allowed to join German military organisations and groups like the Hitler Jügen, provided they were considered fit enough.

The fact of the matter is is that the Nazis gave black people little thought, because it wasn't really that important to them, and the Nazi eugenics laws and thinking reflected that. That black people were considered untermensch within the Reich is a given and they certainly faced discrimination, primarily due to the Nuremberg laws. But as a target of the Nazis, they were very low on the list and there was no specific Nazi policy with regard to them. For example, nowhere in the Gesetz zur Verhütung erbkranken Nachwuchses are black people even mentioned, even though the Rheinlandbastarde were subject to sterilisation because of it.

That's is a matter of history.

Source?

The Nazis had a hierarchy of "racial and political threats to the Reich", which the Jews operated at the top of. Further down the line were the Slavs, the Romani, and it continued on. But nowhere on that list were black people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Been years since my study of history but I'd always imagined that the Nuremberg race laws targets were assumed to be anyone non German and non white. I find it impossible to imagine black people were not a target, albeit a much lower priority than Jewish people.

It says here the Nuremberg race laws were later amended to clarify that black people were very much not welcome in German's volk, which is the term they conceived for this idea of a reich-wide racial hierarchy working to systemically exclude those it targets in these laws. First by removal of work positions, appropriation of assets, criminalisation of relationships with Germans

But I don't speak german and can't read the primary sources here (which are the racial discrimination laws themselves)

Advertisement