Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin collection services in Dublin that still collect bin bags

Options
  • 07-12-2022 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Recently received a text from Greyhound asking me to sign up to their wheelie bin plan as the area I live in (D8) is no longer allowed to use plastic bin bags. I'm not a fan of this change but I figured I had no choice and signed up anyways. The bins arrived this morning and I'm starting to think this was a mistake. For starters, I severely underestimated how big and heavy these bins are which is a problem as I'm physically disabled. Secondly, I live on the main road with no front garden and city council byelaws say you can't store your bins on the street. The only areas in my house where I can keep 3 wheelie bins is the front room (my bedroom), the living room and the back garden. I have no outdoor access to my back garden so I'd have to be wheeling these bins through my house and back anytime I want to take the trash out. Suffice to say, none of these options sound very appealing.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? I am very tempted to cancel my plan with Greyhound and return these bins but would like to know if there are still bin collection services in Dublin 8 that still collect bin bags before I do anything drastic.

Comments

Advertisement