Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanye West endorses Hitler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The Nuermburg Laws outline the Nazi policy for non-Germans or people not of German blood, which is a very broad concept. However, in it there is specific mention of Jews and what Jews could be and do within the Reich. These laws were primarily designed to marginalise Jews within German society and limit what they could do and who they could do it with.

Others fell within these laws too with a technical expansion of the laws, even though they weren't particularly mentioned, such as the Romani and black people.

But there was never any solid and specific Nazi policy toward black people because in the main they were very low on the list of priority. For instance, they were never actually considered enemies of the state and as such weren't subject to ending up in a concentration camp as a matter of course, which Jews, Roma and homosexuals were. They were, however, considered to be exempt for Reich citizenship and were polluters of German blood.

As far as the sterilisation of the Rheinlandbastarde is concerned, they fell under a decree that never even mentioned them. The sterilisation program that they found themselves subject to mentioned people with mental deficiencies, hereditary defects, deformities and even alcoholism. But the "crime" of being black wasn't there. So, they ended up being discretely added, while not specifically targeted.

Nazi attitudes to black people during the Third Reich is actually hard to pin down, because it wasn't so straightforward as their attitudes to other "untermenschen" and appears to be quite ad hoc in nature.

The attitude of the average German citizen toward them is even more difficult to ascertain and the two examples I mentioned earlier ended being regular vistors to Germany to see friends, after the war ended. The gentleman who ended up with JG27 even attended reunions.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,479 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Nazis had a hierarchy of "racial and political threats to the Reich", which the Jews operated at the top of. Further down the line were the Slavs, the Romani, and it continued on. But nowhere on that list were black people.

This isn't the source of your claim the Nazis had a hierarchy of quote, "racial and political threats to the Reich"

The Nuremburg Laws I pulled up don't discuss "racial" or "threats"

Nowhere in these laws are romani and slavs mentioned specifically either.

The Nazi German regime did not have an organized program to eliminate African Germans. However, the regime discriminated against and persecuted them. Some Black people in Germany and German-occupied territories were isolated; an unknown number were sterilized, incarcerated, or murdered.

KEY FACTS

Nazi persecution of Afro-Germans occurred despite their relatively small presence in Germany.

The Nazis forcibly sterilized a group of Afro-German children whom they derogatorily called “the Rhineland Bastards.” Most of these children were the progeny of French colonial troops from Africa that were stationed in the Rhineland region after World War I.

Black people fought against Nazi Germany in World War II as members of the Allied militaries. Some of them were held as prisoners of war.

I'm gonna have to go with the USHMM on this one, as I cannot find your document listing "racial and political threats to the Reich" and its not the Nuremburg law.... and Nuremburg does, in fact apply to blacks

Did the Nuremberg Laws apply to other groups?

Yes. While initially focused on Jews, the Nazi government clarified that the Nuremberg Laws also applied to Roma  (also called Gypsies), Black people, and their descendants. They could not be full citizens of Germany. Nor could they marry or have sexual relations with “people of German or related blood.”

The Nuremburg laws were broadened, not amended. So, it remained aimed primarily at Jews. Even Gypsies weren't mentioned specifically, although they were singled out for sonderbehandlung. So, for instance, Gypsies could end up in a concentration camp by virtue of who they were. But, in general, no such parameters were set for black people within the Reich, even if some black people were sent to camps. In fact, the only documentary evidence we have for a black person being sent to a camp for being a mischlinge is Gert Schramm, who was sent to Buchenwald in 1944.

Below are the actual laws that were written into effect...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Article 1

1. Marriages between Jews and citizens of German or related blood are forbidden. Marriages nevertheless concluded are invalid, even if concluded abroad to circumvent this law.
    2. Annulment proceedings can be initiated only by the state prosecutor.

Article 2

Extramarital relations between Jews and citizens of German or related blood are forbidden.

Article 3

Jews may not employ in their households female citizens of German or related blood who are under 45 years old.

Article 4

1. Jews are forbidden to fly the Reich or national flag or display Reich colours.
    2. They are, on the other hand, permitted to display the Jewish colours. The exercise of this right is protected by the state.

Article 5

1. Any person who violates the prohibition under Article 1 will be punished with prison with hard labour.
    2. A male who violates the prohibition under Article 2 will be punished with prison or prison with hard labour.
    3. Any person violating the provisions under Articles 3 or 4 will be punished with prison with hard labour for up to one year and a fine, or with one or the other of these penalties.

Article 6

The Reich Minister of the Interior, in co-ordination with the Deputy of the Führer and the Reich Minister of Justice, will issue the legal and administrative regulations required to implement and complete this law.

Article 7

The law takes effect on the day following promulgation, except for Article 3, which goes into force on 1 January 1936

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the text of the Reich Citizenship laws...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Article 1

1. A subject of the state is a person who enjoys the protection of the German Reich and who in consequence has specific obligations toward it.
    2. The status of subject of the state is acquired in accordance with the provisions of the Reich and the Reich Citizenship Law.

Article 2

1. A Reich citizen is a subject of the state who is of German or related blood, and proves by his conduct that he is willing and fit to faithfully serve the German people and Reich.
    2. Reich citizenship is acquired through the granting of a Reich citizenship certificate.
    3. The Reich citizen is the sole bearer of full political rights in accordance with the law.

Article 3

The Reich Minister of the Interior, in co-ordination with the Deputy of the Führer, will issue the legal and administrative orders required to implement and complete this law.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

As such these laws effectively made non-Germans, including Jews, "subjects" of the Reich and not Reich citizens, for which you had to be of German blood. But mixed blood Germans, or "mischlinge" could qualify, depending on the, how would you say, depth of the mix as it were.

Now, depending on who you were dealing with, blacks could end up on the list. But the fact is, that most black people in Germany at the time were not subject to the same type of treatment that Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses and others were.

None of this post is a counter to what I've been saying Overheal.

If you say so, but what I’m seeing here is clear evidence that Nazis did have designs on black people contrary to your statements.

• Advertisement

With respect, you're seeing what you want to see and, frankly, I don't think you're understanding what I'm writing either. Nothing in what you posted from the USHMM or anywhere else has countered it. Mainly because it's in accordance with what I've said.

The fact remains, however, that the Nazis didn't single out black people in Germany, in the same way as they did with their other victims, even though blacks were considered inferior. And the only instance of a systematic program against blacks was the Rhineland sterilisation efforts in which a relatively small group of black people fell victim to. Even then, black people weren't specifically mentioned in the legislation which authorised the sterilisation. The so called "Rhineland Bastards" were merely added in and were done so as a special case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I wonder if any other big right wing name would risk having kanye west on their shows now. Even if they push back against his antisemitic conspiracy theories I think they may believe that it would be too damaging for their brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No. You cant be taken seriously. Believing in White/Aryan Supremacy is a textbook example of racial hatred.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

being low on the list, as you put it so dismissively, doesn't make hitler any less of a racist.

Honestly, it takes some level of misreading to conclude that I have done either of these things.

• Advertisement

Continually trying to downplay the Nazis treatment of black people fits that description.

I getting tired of this crap lads.

Nowhere have I "downplayed" or said anything "dismissively" in this thread. And I've certainly not called into question whether Hitler was "racist" or not. Into the bargain, I'd be willing to wager that I've spent a damn sight more time and effort into studying the topic than anyone else caring to contribute or trying to score petty points.

If you're really interested in the topic, the current tangent in particular, then maybe you could check out a few books yourself.

You can start with the following, 'Destined to Witness' by Hans Massaquoi (one of the people I mentioned earlier), 'Hitler's Black Victims' by Clarence Lusane and 'The Racial State' by Michael Burleigh.

To put it frankly, it would serve you better than spending two minutes on a webpage and thinking you know it all.

We’re getting tired of the crap too. Absolutely no point in trying to argue what you’ve been trying to argue, is there? Can you remind us what your point was, this isn’t a nazi history thread it’s a Kanye thread and I think you’ve gotten us all very lost on what you’re trying to say really if anything. A few posts ago you said the information I linked to completely aligned with what you had said so to now bash it and throw out a filibustering reading list - I have no idea what you are still trying to accomplish here, as a constructive argument. Trying to ‘contextualize’ or whatever it is you think you’re doing by taking us on the sidebar of “well ackshully the Nazis didn’t have a huge game plan for blacks specifically” doesn’t seem to be conducive to thread topic.

I'm not "bashing" the site you linked to. I'm bashing the fact that you posted the first link you could find and then start calling into question the points being raised from a high horse you've propped yourself on top of.

Seriously, try the books I've recommended to you, if you really are interested in the topic.

In addition, this tangent was dragged out further than it ought to have been because of some people's inability to understand what's being written in front of them and are instead only interested in trying score a cheap point.

...and my post was perfectly "conducive" to The Nal's post whom I was replying to.

Go off about cheap points while going off about “my high horse” for going straight to an authoritative source, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Good lad.

I guess I would stop digging and relate this tangent of yours back to Kanye please.

I'll take you seriously when you've read more than 500 words on the subject. 😊

If you’re going to waffle without evidence you’ll be dismissed without evidence. Trying to feign an intellectual superiority you won’t contribute to thread really is of no value or interest.

It has been demonstrated that Nazis did indeed have designs on blacks which is the relevant portion to this thread.

What’s that got to do with Kanye? Calm down will you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Except for the fact that they did acknowledge that non Aryan non White peoples could be as great as them...such as when they bestowed the title of "Honorary Aryans" on China and Japan.

• Advertisement

Nobody has misread anything.

You have clearly downplayed the racism the Nazis had against black people compared to other groups, and now you're trying to row back on the claim.

You even have me aligned with Eskimo, Tony, what the hell.

That sounds more like a political token because he needed China and Japans support in the Axis.

So are you going to make a point that relates to Kanye?

Again your showing your lack of knowledge of history...China was never in the Axis.It was actually attacked by Japan.

so what you’re saying is calling them honorary aryans was definitely a ruse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

As great? Not really, they just decided they were useful to the war effort. Temporarily in the case of China.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

because it suited him. the status for chinese people was withdrawn when China joined the allies in 1941. He also named his first chauffeur as an honorary aryan. According to the nuremburg laws he was jewish. You're reading far too much into the honorary aryan thing.

• Advertisement

Hitler's statement on the Chinese

"I have never considered them to be inferior to us,

Indeed I readily admit their history is far greater than ours"

Advertisement