Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,093 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Our Housing Minster in May even said it was issue.

Six weeks later he was slamming a independent TD for saying same thing.

We do have major problems elsewhere though like derelict buildings etc.

Denmark and Sweden having serious issues too.(similar population and growth)

Demand is far higher than demand and unless serious recession (which will be another disaster on different scale) the shortages will last generations

• Registered Users Posts: 14,105 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

there wasn't, it was just locals fighting, you still got all the thanks though. i saw this on twitter and no one actually seems to care about the facts they just want to point and go "told you so! i told you this would happen!"

someone here was saying the hardy people of louth wouldn't stand for the migrants being moved into carlingford last week or week before either. have they done anything yet?

i saw some footage from the 100 or so people in east wall protesting on monday. one of them had a wep/great replacement poster.

it just goes to show that most people in ireland couldn't care less who's moving here as life is relatively good for the majority of people and they don't need to vent their anger at migrants.

personally i have no great feelings on immigration in ireland but screaming at immigrants to go home and asking them where they're from and shouting "out out out" at them is disgusting behaviour in my view. protest your politicians and try and get some kind of new rules in place if you want immigration curbed.

Not a chance in hell I'm going to wade through all of that.

But on the parts I did see, all you seem to be saying is that there are causes of the housing problem outside of immigration.

But nobody is arguing against that. Of course there are ancillary causes.

What we're saying is that, given the problems with housing and accommodation that need to be solved, let's not add to the problem with open-door immigration. You deny that hundreds of thousands of extra people in a country makes no difference. I strongly disagree.

So yes, many of the problems you referred to do exist, but let's not worsen that situation through mass immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Of course that doesn't count

• the number of grown adults still sitting at home in the parents box rooms.
    • the number of students who now commute into college in Dublin because they can't find or afford somewhere to live in the city
    • the number of workers who commute daily into Dublin because they can't find or afford somewhere to live in the city
    • the number of foreign workers who are staying with relatives because they can't find anywhere to rent
    • the number of people being put up in hotel accommodation because there is no public available accommodation as they are on housing lists

Our whole accommodation system is in crisis, it is a joke.

You can write all the war and peace responses you want, but you have just shown your lack of knowledge to all.

Or maybe it is arrogance.

I am not allowed discuss …

That has nothing to do with immigration whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It boils down to this: We have too small a bathtub and water is starting to overflow. The options are moan about the size of the bathtub, wait for years until we build a bigger one while our feet get wet, or turn down the taps. Which is the logical option today, Now?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Look to some, if not a lot, of the pro immigration or rather throw open the borders to any Mohamed, Ali, Ayofemi or Dito that cares to turn up, opening the doors to thousands if not hundreds of thousands doesn't affect things life quality of life and opportunity.

They will still be able to get somewhere to live because they come from well off enough backgrounds.

Hell they might even be one of the ones whose parents are on the make in this charade be it as accommodation owners, lawyers, politicians, media lackies, NGO employees, etc.

They will get accommodation for university as invariably they are city types who live near colleges.

And with often private schoool backgrounds they are already connected into to future work prospects.

I have kids in school and the shyte they are being fed as part of their education and the influence from modern teachers is frankly leading younger generations into major trouble.

It is like ones in RTE, a cossetted nepotistical environment, pushing their agendas on this.

They once again had discussion with no real argument against the madness allowed.

Oh yeah I forgot the Major from Kildare that thread a very fine line lest he be cancelled.

So yeah the proponents of this madness don't see any problems.

Well there are problems coming aplenty because Ireland aint no different to anywhere else.

Hell maybe in 30 years time we can have the joy of cleaning up after the riots when Morocco or some such win the world cup.🙄

Another unforeseen joy of multiculturalism.🙄

who actually are these people who want to throw borders open to anyone? i think most people who sympathise with migrants just don't want them to be scapegoated and maybe instead suggest the ire be directed at government instead. It's the absolute nutters getting involved with the anti-immigration cause that worry me.

personally i couldn't care less if my neighbours were from somalia or mayo, we live in a globalised world at this stage anyway, so unless they started trying to implement sharia law or something i couldn't care less, i'd probably have more in common with a somalian that a beef farmer from mayo anyway :D

It's only when you have to find a place to rent you realise how bad things are.

I had owned a house for more than 20 years, and for various reasons, had to sell and buy another this year. When the purchase of the new house fell through, the stress and anxiety of trying to find a place for myself and my family to buy or rent, was terrible. I knew things were bad, but didn't realise how bad.

I don't understand why the government wants to grow and grow the economy, it's doesn't improve people's quality of life. In order to grow the economy, the population has to be increased, putting additional strain on housing, and services.

Would it not be better for international firms to set up in places like Albania, and give these people jobs, and a boost to their economy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Simple question what is the amount we can take in ? 1000 or 1000000000 yes or no

• Advertisement

constant growth of the economy is not a good thing i agree, it will always encounter limitations, but if you suggest slowing down or even degrowth you're called a greeny lunatic or a communist

So were not going to answer as per. It's a very simple Question to those that support bringing in Asylum seekers. What is the cap ?

did i say i supported bringing them in? i didn't.

So your anti Refugee then ? odd stance. I'm asking a very simple question. I have not seen anyone on this thread saying no refugees.

The ones that want open borders are for a start those that see nothing wrong with taking in thousands of undocumented travellers who turn up in Ireland at the very same time we are taking thousands of Ukrainian refugees.

They are the ones that refuse to kick out anyone that turns up on an aircraft yet magically lose their documents before immigration/customs control.

They are the ones that want to dump DP centres full of unknown young males from god knows where on communities around the country.

Anyone that is for that madness wants our borders wide open.

They never ever give a number, there is never a stop point.

Just keep en coming as after all everyone deserves our hospitality.

You really do hate the Irish farmers.

It appears you would rather someone into halal slaughter.

How do you feel about FGM?

After all some reckon 99% of Somali women have been "cut".

BTW that figure is from UN African women's website not the Daily Mail or some right wing think tank.

But I guess being a modern green all you give two fooks about is screwing that beef farmer from Mayo.

I would not go there you will get banned......

nope, i'm proud of the support we're giving the ukrainian people. i don't know enough about what the country is capable of doing regarding temporary accom in warehouses and old offices etc to house them but whatever we can offer them has to be better than somewhere in ukraine with no water and power.

Wrong thread to get out of. Again how many is to many. Read the thread title.

love halal slaughter, it's almost as bad as how pigs are reared in ireland, big fan, more please

• Advertisement

No it's not at all comparable. You do know the difference in the slaughter method ? Also they wont be slaughtering pigs.

i'll give you a number as you seem to want one so badly from someone totally unqualified to quantify this, so how about 100k?

Where will they live this 100k ? what schools will the go to what hospitals doctors. Your suggesting 100k would be simple to absorbed. that's complete nonsense. Ireland would never take in 100k visa seekers in the same time.

Ah yes shut up the naysayers.

That works for so long, but eventually people have enough.

And a recession will be bring many things to the fore.

True but most eat meat so swings and roundabouts at least we kill humanely.

just advice my friend beware the wrath of flags. 🤐

as i said temporary accom, warehouses etc, as it's better than being bombed and no power etc. in ukraine. do you think 100k is too many?

i wouldn't have thought we could help the people of ukraine and take in huge numbers without our lives being impacted somewhat though, no, but that's what war does.

This is not the Ukraine thread though. We could absolutely do more for the genuine Ukrainians. by send back the people taking the piss. We have finite resources you cannot give them to everyone who claims something. Military ages males should be sent back. Then Ireland would have a lot more room. someone linked a count 16-45 age males were a huge number.

• Advertisement

grand, so we both have the same views, i would imagine most do in ireland.

problem is aren't we signed up to all kinds of u.n. agreements where we have to give people a change to claim asylum etc. when they arrive? how do we get the gov to quit this agreement?

Advertisement